Unpopular Opinions Topic

Posted by jskenner on 6/9/2015 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Agree about the firing increase, based on baseline prestige. Unfortunately, WIS doesn't want to do this as they are concerned it will cause fired coaches to leave, and they discount the idea that having poorly performing coaches keeping high level jobs from others wanting a try tends to cause them to give up in various worlds.

Re: the end of rewards, actually I'd like to see them keep rewards but set a minimum that must be paid to play each season, such as 50% of the base charge. As it is now, coaches with programs that average between a Sweet 16 and Elite 8 play more or less free. To me it simply makes sense as a business to collect some revenue from every product sold, in this case a season of HD.
I still think theres more than enough people that don't average a S16 or E8 to play for free.  I think if you are talented enough ala guys like jsajsa you shouldn't have to pay, just because they have gotten to a level where they continue to get max rewards doesn't mean they should be punished.

If anything maybe increase rewards for 1st/2nd round and slightly decrease or keep the same rewards at the top end.

$2 for a season with a losing record
2.5 for a season with winning record but no postseason
3 for PIT bid
5 for NT 1st
7.5 for 2nd
10 for S16
15 for E8
20 reward point for F4
4,000 rewards for Championship Loss
6,000 rewards for National title

I think one of th biggest problems is starting out the game gets very expensive as most players aren't very good at the beginning and the way it works the worse you are the more you pay, so for example a new player joins with a 4.95 first season.

He takes over a team that he doesn't know but really sucks and has 8 crappy sim jr's. and 1 crappy sr.  He doesn't know about FSS and recruits 2 crappy freshmen that have sub 10 ath/def.  He finished his first season 6-21.  

Decides hey let me try this again.  Buys a 5 pack for $60 or like 58.75 with his reward.  Possibly FSS a few states but doesnt know what makes a player good and with 1 scholly grabs a guy with 65 blue per but 10 ath and 40 spd both red.  He goes 10-17 again getting like 1.75 in credits.

He has 4 more seasons left before he runs out.  This time with 8 open schollies he has finally read on how to play the game a bit and understands a little he grabs 5 decent players and takes 3 walkons as he isn't a great recruiter.  he goes 3-24 as he has 2 bad jr's 1 bad soph, 5 decent freshmen and 3 walkons.  He gets another 1.75 in rewards.

With 3 seasons left he grabs 3 decent players again.  Now having 2 bad sr 1 bad jr 5 decent soph and 3 decent freshmen he goes 12-15 again getting 1.75 in rewards.

Now with 2 seasons left he reads a bit more and looks at top level teams.  Grabs 1 decent player and 1 player that is actualy pretty good giving him now 1 bad sr 5 decent jr's 3 decent so and 2 above average freshmen.  Goes 19-7 wins 2 CT games  and makes the PIT losing in the 2nd round so finishes 22-9. getting maybe 2 in credits.

Now with only 1 season left before buying more he has 5 decent sr's 3 decent jr's 2 above average sohmores and grabs another decent freshmen.  He starts to be okay in his full sim conference and goes 21-5 in the regular season wins the CT and makes the NT as a 9 seed and makes the 2nd round.  finishing 25-6.  He gets 5 dollars in credits.

He is now out of seasons and has 12.25 in credits and finally has figured out how to be a decent player.  But if he is in a 1x world it has taken 9 months and to keep playing its 47.75 for a 5 pack or 86.75 for a 10 pack.  Thats a lot and I think a lot of people especially the younger population are turned away from this game.  I mean look at the demographics a big majority of people playing are aged 24-44.  meaning they probably have full time jobs that paying 85 bucks for a 10 pack every few months isn't a huge problem.

And that simple scenario is also assuming this guy stays with 1 world and doesn't try to join multiple more.  Which at least now don't require you to purchase more seasons to join, which helps out.

Thats why if anything HD should increase rewards at the bottom to help keep new players, and basically lock the game with a walkthrough before new players can do anything.
6/9/2015 4:19 PM (edited)
jesus that post was elaborate...tip of the cap though, i couldn't have done it.
6/9/2015 3:44 PM
Posted by scaturo on 6/3/2015 6:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 6/3/2015 12:16:00 AM (view original):
Ettaexpress should be allowed to come back.
THATS unpopular.
I wasn't even planning on messing with the forum, however, since I've been back one day and see you fools have been talking about me the WHOLE time I've been gone...I figured that I'd give you what you want.
6/9/2015 10:18 PM
This dude is like herpes.
6/9/2015 11:48 PM
Posted by scaturo on 6/9/2015 11:48:00 PM (view original):
This dude is like herpes.
If by that you mean an evolutionary masterpiece that can't be stopped no matter what...then yes, I am.

I got enough real world basketball experience (and a master degree) to expose all the loser like you out there.
6/10/2015 12:13 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Unpopular Opinions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.