So did the D2 school end up filling all their spots?  
6/27/2015 4:39 PM
Posted by johnfoppe on 6/27/2015 4:39:00 PM (view original):
So did the D2 school end up filling all their spots?  
Not yet and not interested in anyone.
6/27/2015 5:07 PM
I did a start/scholly in the first cycle and didn't spend another dime until the 5:00 cycle day of signings. I had over $12000 to spend at that time - more than enough to beat you and the D2. I was willing to take 2 walkons if I had to for that recruit. Anyway, I'm done defending myself - hopefully CS will look into it for you.
6/27/2015 5:24 PM
Like I just said into it conference if you pulled this off clean, I tip my hat to you as a great recruiter. If you pulled it off clean, then you are such a great recruiter that you were able to make it look so easy. I don't mean that sarcastically either. After whatif clears ya, I'll gladly send ya a schedule invite so you can kick my butt with that stud SG.
6/27/2015 6:29 PM
If someone accused me of cheating the last thing I'd do is accept an invite to play him.  Sounds like Dgravs has his act together and the rest is just sour grapes.
6/28/2015 2:35 AM
Posted by tkimble on 6/27/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Inform of RS is your best bet if you haven't offered the scholarship.  Still, even after that, you sometimes can't get the guy off your list.  It's incredibly frustrating to send a guy 1 SV and have him on your considering list the rest of the time.  I don't want to invite poachers because they think I'm spending extra or going to cut a guy.  More guys considering is a sign of over-extension and can really hurt you.  I think we need a "we are no longer recruiting you" option.  
+1
6/28/2015 11:18 AM
assuming that he has signed and if you did scouting visits, what were his potentials like?  an absence of hi-hi could explain a higher division school being considered and then not pursuing
6/28/2015 2:03 PM
Personally, I got no problems with these types of threads. Was any damage whatsoever done to dgravs....no. Did something fishy looking go down and we got to the bottom of it...yes.

Stuff like this lets cheaters know that people are in fact watching and those who feel they've been wronged a place to settle issues like this.
6/28/2015 2:14 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/28/2015 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Personally, I got no problems with these types of threads. Was any damage whatsoever done to dgravs....no. Did something fishy looking go down and we got to the bottom of it...yes.

Stuff like this lets cheaters know that people are in fact watching and those who feel they've been wronged a place to settle issues like this.
+1
6/28/2015 2:19 PM
Every coach is allowed to recruit whichever players they wish, and to do so spending the recruiting cash they have in whatever manner they see fit.

There are probably hundreds of times when higher division coaches go after someone from a lower division and then back off for any number of reasons. It's also not a surprise that a player at D3 which interests a D2 school is also coveted by more than one D3 school.

People also go about recruiting differently, and at different times and cycles.

In all honesty, I don't think anything "fishy" was going on here at all.

6/28/2015 6:08 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/28/2015 2:14:00 PM (view original):

Since dgravs is a veteran coach, I probably should have left names out of it for now. It was suspicious to me that the D2 came on like a bully and when I got off Letourneau got back on. When I watched the updates, there was neve a battle going on. Dgravs and me have messaged a few times now and it's looking like he did a great job recruiting and that this D2 school is not very well coached. His record shows it too. Dgravs and I agree that this thread will hopefully deter others from trying to cheat. I should have just left names out.
6/29/2015 8:56 AM
Whatif just responded back and cleared dgravs.
6/29/2015 11:18 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.