Top D3 coach POLL VOTE AWAY!!! Topic

from 2/26
Last Ten year dynasties - division 3 AllWorlds unweighted
Place, Score, Team, Conference-World-Start Season, Coach(es)
1 257 Emory University-1-76 jdno
2 252 Millsaps University-1-76 pepwaves
3 250 Dickinson Centennial-6-74 mfnmyers
4 238 Centenary Skyline-4-76 dgravs
5 232 Maryville Ohio-7-71 tarvolon
6 231 Delaware Valley Freedom-7-71 jsajsa
7 228 Southwestern University-1-76 jsajsa
8 217 Greensboro USA South-10-81 funngun10 ab90
9 210 Philadelphia Biblical Heartland-5-75 jack_duck
10 209 Beloit Midwest-2-76 xulapaul
3/16/2016 8:52 PM
kind of surprised jsa isn't in the top 5 there, maybe current top d3 coach isn't so cut and dry after all?
3/16/2016 8:53 PM
Ha...maybe I should take back what I said...eh jsa? ;)

Interesting to see that list though. I thought my program was not so good recently, but I guess I still do have two championships within that 10 year window at Millsaps, whereas jsa has one with Southwestern.

Also of note...jdno is first on that list despite being one of the most "unlucky" D3 coaches...as 0nly mentioned.
3/16/2016 10:04 PM
How are those scored Billy?
3/16/2016 10:24 PM
Only 2 top ten programs, huh? Slacking. A little surprised DVC isn't in the top 5. Granted it's at a far cry from its all time 10 year run but 2 NCs, 5 F4s and 7Es only gets a 6? Kudos to those above it. Of course it will get a bump soon when after this season my only 2nd round exit in 27 seasons, an upset I may or may not still be bitter about by the way, falls away. Pretty convenient to not be counting the championship I just won in Naismith too.

Sure, pep, you can take it back if you want. Just remember you are going on a metric that grades Millsaps ahead of Southwestern even though I've beaten you there in 14 of our last 15 meetings or so? Or is it 15 in a row? Yes, carry on. :)
3/16/2016 10:47 PM

Sure, pep, you can take it back if you want. Just remember you are going on a metric that grades Millsaps ahead of Southwestern even though I've beaten you there in 14 of our last 15 meetings or so? Or is it 15 in a row? Yes, carry on. :)

http://i.imgur.com/B6t3cEH.gifv

3/16/2016 11:15 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/16/2016 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Only 2 top ten programs, huh? Slacking. A little surprised DVC isn't in the top 5. Granted it's at a far cry from its all time 10 year run but 2 NCs, 5 F4s and 7Es only gets a 6? Kudos to those above it. Of course it will get a bump soon when after this season my only 2nd round exit in 27 seasons, an upset I may or may not still be bitter about by the way, falls away. Pretty convenient to not be counting the championship I just won in Naismith too.

Haha has it been that many times? If so, that's terrible...but I guess I wouldn't be too surprised. You have my number that's for sure. I'm still smarting over our championship match up season 78 in which you upset my more talented Sergio Hernandez-led squad that was aiming for the three-peat. In fact, I blame you and that loss on my recent championship drought. Thanks a lot. ;)
3/16/2016 11:23 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/16/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):

http://i.imgur.com/B6t3cEH.gifv

lol
3/16/2016 11:24 PM
Great list.
3/17/2016 7:57 AM
jsa also wins a title every 7.2 seasons he plays. Pretty sure that's better than anybody that plays the game at any division, although I haven't calculated that. And they are all at DIII. Plus jsa just passes the "eye test". His team competes every year. And he's the only one with 2 top 10 teams on that dynasty list.
He's the best DIII coach.
3/17/2016 9:14 AM
yeah, this feels like a no brainer, although I have tremendous respect for pepwaves and jdno....

I'd like to see jsajsa try zone defense and see if he can figure that riddle out. all his teams are press currently. mix it up jsa!
3/17/2016 9:21 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/16/2016 10:47:00 PM (view original):

i think your most recent title there may not have be counted (data ran 2/26 so its like 3 weeks old), i suspect you are higher now. you were also 12th if i believe on your 3rd program
3/17/2016 11:29 AM
I beat jsa .... once? maybe twice. Among the happiest two wins of my career
3/17/2016 12:57 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 3/17/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):
yeah, this feels like a no brainer, although I have tremendous respect for pepwaves and jdno....

I'd like to see jsajsa try zone defense and see if he can figure that riddle out. all his teams are press currently. mix it up jsa!
Yeah...all joking aside, jsa definitely on top right now.

However, I do agree that I'd like to see him win with something other than press. FCP at D3 almost seems like a cheat code. If he won with man or especially zone, I would have even more respect for his accomplishments.
3/17/2016 1:22 PM
I would never play zone at DIII. Seeing as one of my strengths/style is to always be deep and recruit freshmen capable of playing right away, it would be such a waste to play zone. Because I prefer playing deep is why I like pressing, among other reasons. Truth be told there is one single overriding factor that makes me prefer press to man though, even though I really consider them both to about equal. Guys who have played in my conferences probably know, since I've brought it up in CC chats before, that I typically am much happier to play press teams deep in the tourney than man teams, so I'm not just saying that... But the one major factor is simple. Press involves no work! To optimize man I'd actually have to seriously game plan, look at matchups etc. etc. 95+% of the time with press I can set the plus minus in about 5 seconds and I'm done. I'm not against playing man. I just don't want to do actual work to optimize it every game.
3/17/2016 2:22 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Top D3 coach POLL VOTE AWAY!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.