Prestige multipliers in recruiting for all levels Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 7/1/2015 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Again, if you're smart enough to make it exponential, then yes.  Read my prior post...

Lots (LOTS) of coaches seem to expect it to be x% per letter grade, linearly.  Which obviously doesn't make any sense.

Serves me right for responding in confusion without checking the context
7/1/2015 4:53 PM

I had always assumed that whatever the "percentage" is, it works like this (for simplicity sake, I am using 1 for a D prestige and 0.7 for the "percentage").

D = 1.0
C = 1.7
B = 2.4
A = 3.1

In the sample from before, let's say CV's are worth 100 points for a D prestige school, here is how I think it works:
School A = 10 * 310 = 3100 points
School B = 16 * 240 = 3840
School C = 25 * 170 = 4250

School C wins, server does not go down.  I could be wrong, I guess, but it seems like the most straightforward way to implement this.  Maybe the issue is terminology because it is not a true percentage difference between the grades.
7/1/2015 6:24 PM
◂ Prev 12
Prestige multipliers in recruiting for all levels Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.