Iba Season 80 Topic

Posted by bbunch on 7/7/2015 11:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm loving this thread - it used to be 10 pages long in the stronger seasons of DII Iba (which seems like years ago)

Any predictions Iba-wide for top DII teams? Could you  just pick anyone in the Heartland?

I think Dominican, CSU Bernadino and North Florida are teams we haven't heard much of but will do really well. From the Peach I really expect a strong season from Clayton St. Le Moyne is another quiet team.that will be tough come tournament time.

Lots of really tough teams in the Heartland...just crazy good this year.
7/7/2015 11:59 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 7/7/2015 11:59:00 PM (view original):
I'm loving this thread - it used to be 10 pages long in the stronger seasons of DII Iba (which seems like years ago)

Any predictions Iba-wide for top DII teams? Could you  just pick anyone in the Heartland?

I think Dominican, CSU Bernadino and North Florida are teams we haven't heard much of but will do really well. From the Peach I really expect a strong season from Clayton St. Le Moyne is another quiet team.that will be tough come tournament time.

I'll throw some love to newcomer long_ge and New Mexico Highlands. #1 RPI and beating opponents by more than 30ppg against the #2 SOS. And contributing a conference review to boot! Welcome long_ge, don't be a stranger.....

7/8/2015 10:39 AM
Posted by hackerhog on 7/7/2015 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Strong start to the seasonal thread this year. Wow. Great job.

I'm 0-3 against the Heartland. All 3 games at home. And closest I came to beating one was 8-point loss to Valdosta St. That may be the strongest conference I've seen.

#2 Valdosta St taking on #3 Lander for the Yarnell title tonight. It should be a good one.

We just keep coming up short against the top teams! Good win for Kelby.
7/8/2015 1:17 PM
Posted by davefilby on 7/8/2015 10:39:00 AM (view original):

I'll throw some love to newcomer long_ge and New Mexico Highlands. #1 RPI and beating opponents by more than 30ppg against the #2 SOS. And contributing a conference review to boot! Welcome long_ge, don't be a stranger.....

NMH is definitely off to a hot start, wow. With only two seniors, they should be awesome next year. Looking at their schedule, long_ge has done a great job of identifying good sim teams. I expect their SOS will fall back down to earth once conference play starts, as their non-con opponents will likely start to take a beating (the sims). Regardless, NMH is definitely on the radar this season (and next).
7/8/2015 1:23 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 7/8/2015 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 7/8/2015 10:39:00 AM (view original):

NMH is definitely off to a hot start, wow. With only two seniors, they should be awesome next year. Looking at their schedule, long_ge has done a great job of identifying good sim teams. I expect their SOS will fall back down to earth once conference play starts, as their non-con opponents will likely start to take a beating (the sims). Regardless, NMH is definitely on the radar this season (and next).
thanks fellas, I frequent the forums but rarely post.  The northern sun is a fun conference to compete in with a good group of guys and iba d2 is pretty strong, so I figured the conf needed a few words with conf previews getting posted.  Also, btw, I really actually tried to schedule more humans to play this season, but a couple of teams that had their coaches leave, and I could never get a game accepted for another couple of spots, so I ended up with a few sims. I am enjoying it while the team is playing well, but there's another big game tonight taking on a heartland team and gohall is always tough to beat.
7/8/2015 6:48 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 7/8/2015 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hackerhog on 7/7/2015 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Strong start to the seasonal thread this year. Wow. Great job.

I'm 0-3 against the Heartland. All 3 games at home. And closest I came to beating one was 8-point loss to Valdosta St. That may be the strongest conference I've seen.

#2 Valdosta St taking on #3 Lander for the Yarnell title tonight. It should be a good one.

We just keep coming up short against the top teams! Good win for Kelby.
Thanks, i'm glad it was a home game for me. I'd rather not have to play you again this season. I don't like my chances as much on a neutral court.
7/8/2015 8:13 PM
Incredible non-con by the Heartland. The Peach seems to have a good hold on 2nd place in conf RPI. Surprising to see the CAA down in 6th, right behind a tight 3-way race for 3rd between the WVIAC, GLV and CVAC. The WVIAC doesn't have any ranked teams, but no real anchors either. New Mex Highlands continued their run of smacking people, ending non-con with the illustrious 1/1 RPI/SOS. I think NMH secret is their stamina. Those guys must be running lines all day in practice! 

Looking forward to another challenging conference season in the Peach.
7/10/2015 4:38 PM
Yeah, New Mexico Highlands isn't the most amazing roster on the surface.... but it's a near-perfect  Fastbreak / FCP roster, with high stamina and some explosive scorers. I think Lander has probably the best shot at the title,. but NMH is really good.

7/10/2015 8:59 PM
The roster was recruited with FB/FCP synergies in mind.  Trying to get overall good players, but I specifically sought out stamina and FT shooting.  Speed was supposed to be part of the equation as well, but I didn't pull that off as well.  My current junior class fit very well what I was trying to do, and the sophomore class wasn't bad, even though I missed out on all my initial targets.  Anyway, credit goes to darnoc for earlier discussions I had with him about the best way to build a FB/FCP roster.  After running nothing but zone for seasons on end, it feels easier to game plan this system.  I still think zone is the most enjoyable to game plan for in the sense that there is more strategic thinking, but experimenting with FB/FCP has been fun as well.  I'll be interested to see what I can recruit for this system with better prestige.  I just hope this team doesn't bomb early in the NT, as this might be the best team I've had in my time playing HD. A team with elite speed at guard, or a well run zone team that can play slow tempo well could be very hard to beat.  Sorry to ramble on about my own team - I am not used to having a team that garners any attention.

Btw, should be a good match-up to open next season, playing @ Lander.  I know some seniors are leaving Lander, but that would be a candidate for GoTN.  Now we just need  another coach or so to get into the Northern Sun.  Despite the small # of coaches, it is a really good and active conf.  It is tough to compete with the Peach's and Heartland's it looks like.  Those are some really outstanding conferences.
7/11/2015 12:30 AM
Posted by troyooga on 7/2/2015 5:23:00 PM (view original):
N10 Conference Outlook:

Le Moyne starts the season as the strongest team returning 10 players from a 21-9 (2nd Round NT) team last year. They've added two JR bodies in support.

Merrimack will return 9 players from a 22-8 (1st Round NT) team last year. They have a rough 5 game stretch in one of the invitationals early in the schedule. By the time conference play starts they should be once again actively chasing Le Moyne down for a shot at the Southern Conference title and yet another 20+W season and NT selection.

S. Connecticut St. appears to continue it's trend of asking the question "Is this coach active or is not"? No post season here but there are a handful of decent players in it's top 5.

Bentley
will have it's work cut out to return to a 3rd consecutive NT Elite 8 appearance after last years 32-1 season. By seasons end, we should see their characteristic high ATH and DEF minded team which can always hope to wriggle it's way deep into the NT. 

Bryant  returns 10 players from a 16-10 record a season ago. Their roster and schedule suggests a possible 20W  season as they look to make a return to the post season tournament scene. This early in the season it appears Bryant has a shot at the NT but will need to mostly run the table in non conference and pick off a game or two from the other 3 teams in conference play or conference tourney.

The predictions are: Bentley (21-5) North Div. champ, Le Moyne (22-4) South Div. champ, Merrimack (21-5), Bryant (20-6)  

CT champs: Le Moyne

NT births: Le Moyne, Bentley, Merrimack

PI births: Bryant

Just an update: 

So far the predictions appear to be spot on. The only prediction in jeopardy is Bryant's PI birth.

The nice surprise has been the sims in this league. Up to this point there have only been a couple of sub 200 RPI sims to deal with which allowing helping our active teams stay relevant in the NT picture.
7/14/2015 6:39 AM
Incarnate Word goes 2 OTs before falling at Valdosta St. Teams are now ranked #1 & #2, although both face road tests versus ranked foes tonight.
7/14/2015 8:24 AM
Here's the mid season review for Capital Athletic Conference- We STINK!

Just kidding. Sort of. 

We're trying to build this conference up but there are some SIMs that have classes so out of wack that they are simply terrible. Some of our users (like me) are new so I hope for getting those teams better. But are we just doomed to be stuck with these other crappy teams? Guess we just need to recruit new players to fill it up so we can get out of the basement.
7/15/2015 9:25 AM
In a Great Lanes Valley showdown, #15 Bellarmine traveled to #21 Nothern Kentucky and defeated the Norse 57-55 on a shot with 3 seconds remaining.

Northern Kentucky only led once, 21--20 before Bellarmine went on a 11-0 run to take a 31-21 lead into the locker room. 

In the 2nd half, Bellarmine built the lead to 13 but the Norse gradually chipped away, eventually tying the game at 55, setting the stage for the winning shot.  

The two teams meet again in Louisville later this month. 
7/15/2015 11:21 AM
Posted by Benis on 7/15/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

Just kidding. Sort of. 

We're trying to build this conference up but there are some SIMs that have classes so out of wack that they are simply terrible. Some of our users (like me) are new so I hope for getting those teams better. But are we just doomed to be stuck with these other crappy teams? Guess we just need to recruit new players to fill it up so we can get out of the basement.
Well if you want to move up to D2 the Peach Belt has a few openings....
7/15/2015 11:54 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 7/15/2015 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 7/15/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

Just kidding. Sort of. 

Well if you want to move up to D2 the Peach Belt has a few openings....
Thanks for the offer but I think we're gonna try to build up the conference. At least give it a few seasons to try to turn it around. Besides, what would I do with all my Chestnut Hill apparel?
7/15/2015 4:19 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Iba Season 80 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.