Iba Season 80 Topic

Posted by bbunch on 8/2/2015 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by getbedarded on 8/1/2015 11:48:00 AM (view original):
A lot of teams will sneak into the NT because the Heartland got shorted 3 or 4 squads (didn't go .500). Will be interesting to see the final four in list.
Yeah it's interesting. And holy crap, my Longwood squad is in the same PIT bracket as iba legends Harding and st. Edwards. That has to be the most intense PIT bracket in memory.
Those teams don't belong in the PIT. Anyway we could coax you into a NT preview since you strangely don't have a dog in the fight?
8/2/2015 4:01 PM
Posted by davefilby on 8/2/2015 4:01:00 PM (view original):
A lot of teams will sneak into the NT because the Heartland got shorted 3 or 4 squads (didn't go .500). Will be interesting to see the final four in list.
Yeah it's interesting. And holy crap, my Longwood squad is in the same PIT bracket as iba legends Harding and st. Edwards. That has to be the most intense PIT bracket in memory.
Those teams don't belong in the PIT. Anyway we could coax you into a NT preview since you strangely don't have a dog in the fight?
My lack of dog in the fight  has to do with 6 freshmen and 4 sophomores -  I'm not surprised with our results.  It is strange to run into those coaches in the PIT though.

I'll probably put something together for the sweet 16.

Without doing much research,.I think Lander wins it all, although I think  your squad should be in the running as well.  Also kudos to the Heartland becoming a ridiculous monster conference. I'm kind of envious!

8/3/2015 12:23 AM (edited)
Posted by bbunch on 8/3/2015 12:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 8/2/2015 4:01:00 PM (view original):
My lack of dog in the fight  has to do with 6 freshmen and 4 sophomores -  I'm not surprised with our results.  It is strange to run into those coaches in the PIT though.

I'll probably put something together for the sweet 16.

Without doing much research,.I think Lander wins it all, although I think  your squad should be in the running as well.  Also kudos to the Heartland becoming a ridiculous monster conference. I'm kind of envious!

I'm not sure, we have a pretty tough matchup tonight with W Florida. Lot of Heartland teams are underseeded....

I do hope I get to the S16, because I really enjoy the write-ups Bunch.
8/3/2015 1:36 PM
You know what? Whoever knocks out Cregen, I'm going to site mail you. I'll buy you a season. **** that guy. 
8/3/2015 2:50 PM
I like the conference loyalty. But can we not call a spade a spade? teamvip and I could have settled it in the NT, but he couldn't manage to win even ONE game.
8/3/2015 4:36 PM
Posted by cregen7 on 8/3/2015 4:36:00 PM (view original):
I like the conference loyalty. But can we not call a spade a spade? teamvip and I could have settled it in the NT, but he couldn't manage to win even ONE game.
Yeah, that was a pretty brutal loss (2 seed upset by a 15 seed, props to Bloomington for the upset). However, if we went by that metric, many great coaches would be considered poor by your standards (in addition to myself, off the top of my head I can remember bbunch, tarvolon, bow2dacowz and I think mduncan losing in first round as 1 or 2 seeds). The fact that you're still bitter you lost a recruiting battle for a Florida-based recruit to a Florida school shows how little you know about recruiting at the D2 level. And then you come our board, call him a poor coach and express surprise that you lost the battle is asinine. 

As for "settling" it in the NT....you lost to him this year in non-conference....at home. I'm thought he beat you last year at your place too, but I could be wrong.  

That being said....me fighting this battle for one of my conference mates is probably equally stupid. I'm assuming he hasn't seen your comment because I know after I lose an unexpected NT game I usually swear off whatif for a few days. 
8/3/2015 5:12 PM
To be fair...I said he was a better recruiter than he was a coach. If you think he's a bad coach, thats on you :-)
8/3/2015 5:15 PM
Posted by cregen7 on 8/3/2015 5:15:00 PM (view original):
To be fair...I said he was a better recruiter than he was a coach. If you think he's a bad coach, thats on you :-)
Ok, that made me laugh.

Technically, you are correct. That is what you said. But I think the intended implication was pretty clear, you weren't complimenting his recruiting skills. 
8/3/2015 5:28 PM
Not as many upsets as usual aside from Bloomfield coming out of nowhere and
Going apeshit on everyone in the tourney this far. Will try to do a sweet 16 write-up today.
8/4/2015 10:32 AM
I couldn't even back up my trash talk for 24-hours! Good luck to all the teams still alive.
8/4/2015 11:08 AM
sorry - busy day. might do a writeup in the coming days if i get a chance. Very competitive tourney though - most of the top squads are still in it
8/5/2015 1:44 AM
Wow, hadn't paid much attention to Bowie St this year. They are one of the toughest pressing teams I have played a long time. Don't normally see pressing teams with such impressive offensive weapons, while still maintaining a 65/65 ath/def rating. They are definitely an under-seeded 4. Impressive. 
8/5/2015 11:06 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 8/5/2015 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Wow, hadn't paid much attention to Bowie St this year. They are one of the toughest pressing teams I have played a long time. Don't normally see pressing teams with such impressive offensive weapons, while still maintaining a 65/65 ath/def rating. They are definitely an under-seeded 4. Impressive. 
Plus, Bowie won the NT four seasons ago, when they had the same class distribution. I'd say they are the   clear favorite to win the title again
8/6/2015 5:48 AM
Posted by greenhawks on 8/6/2015 5:48:00 AM (view original):
Plus, Bowie won the NT four seasons ago, when they had the same class distribution. I'd say they are the   clear favorite to win the title again
Says the guy with a 24 game winning streak.

IW vs St Mary's in the other matchup. The River City Rivalry jumps to another level with a spot in the title game against a talented pressing team on the line. Teams have split with St Mary's winning by 8 at home and IW by a bucket in the CT.
8/6/2015 9:11 AM
Posted by davefilby on 8/6/2015 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by greenhawks on 8/6/2015 5:48:00 AM (view original):
Says the guy with a 24 game winning streak.

IW vs St Mary's in the other matchup. The River City Rivalry jumps to another level with a spot in the title game against a talented pressing team on the line. Teams have split with St Mary's winning by 8 at home and IW by a bucket in the CT.
Being a real life San Antonian, this is pretty cool.
8/7/2015 1:29 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Iba Season 80 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.