Iba Season 81 Topic

GREAT LAKES VALLEY 

With just a couple of games remaining, the GLV looks to have 5 teams in the NT and 1 in the PIT.

Current projection standings:

3.      Mercyhurst    23-2
13. Missouri-St. Louis  20-3
23. No. Kentucky  19-4
25. Wisconsin-Parkside  19-6
47. Belarmine  14-10
73. Quincy      17-8

9/14/2015 7:20 PM
There have been some good teams in the Heartland over the seasons, but this year's Rockhurst team might be the most impressive performance I've seen. They are 14-0 in conference against this version of the Heartland. 16-0 would be a huge accomplishment (jinx officially applied). Congrats to duece duece on what should be a coach of the year performance.

Heartland looking at 8 teams, with an outside chance at more if the right teams catch fire.
9/15/2015 12:09 PM
Wow didn't see this coming or even think it was possible to go 16-0 in the Heartland, not to downplay the accomplishment and maybe I still have last season fresh on my mind but it kind of felt like a down year for having "elite" teams in the conference. IDK winning the CT would make it feel really special as all our teams have had a full season to improve and get tournament ready, we'll see GL to everyone going forward!! Thanks for the shout out dave!!
9/18/2015 7:51 PM
East bracket is already crazy.
9/22/2015 5:15 PM
And for the 800,000th time at seems, we at Longwood will be running into davefilby and IW in the NT. Don't know how we win this one, we've been very lucky to get this far. 
9/23/2015 6:52 PM
Posted by bbunch on 9/23/2015 6:52:00 PM (view original):
And for the 800,000th time at seems, we at Longwood will be running into davefilby and IW in the NT. Don't know how we win this one, we've been very lucky to get this far. 
With the early foul trouble and the 10-0 deficit, I thought it was our night to go home. I'm sure you'll take revenge on us in the regular season and the invitable NT game. Bbunch graduates zero players from this Sweet 16 team and is an early favorite for next year. With everything I lose, I'm guessing that NT game will be a #1 vs #16 matchup and I'll have a harder time holding up my end of the bargain.
9/24/2015 7:46 AM
Posted by davefilby on 9/24/2015 7:46:00 AM (view original):
With the early foul trouble and the 10-0 deficit, I thought it was our night to go home. I'm sure you'll take revenge on us in the regular season and the invitable NT game. Bbunch graduates zero players from this Sweet 16 team and is an early favorite for next year. With everything I lose, I'm guessing that NT game will be a #1 vs #16 matchup and I'll have a harder time holding up my end of the bargain.
I've noticed that when a team goes down early like that, say 10-0, 12-2, 14-3, etc., they inevitably always seem to come back to win.  I actually LIKE seeing myself down early like that because I know by the end of the game, we'll end up with more points.  It's "almost" like clockwork.  I'm also not the only one who has noticed this "phenomenon".  Plenty of veteran coaches that I've spoken to say they have seen the same thing happen over and over and over.

Of course, this really only applies to pretty evenly matched teams.  A badass human team against a just plain bad Sim team is going to keep widening that margin.  But two fairly even human teams?  The team that starts out really slow almost always comes back to win.  It's a definite flaw in the engine. 

9/24/2015 9:27 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/24/2015 9:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 9/24/2015 7:46:00 AM (view original):
I've noticed that when a team goes down early like that, say 10-0, 12-2, 14-3, etc., they inevitably always seem to come back to win.  I actually LIKE seeing myself down early like that because I know by the end of the game, we'll end up with more points.  It's "almost" like clockwork.  I'm also not the only one who has noticed this "phenomenon".  Plenty of veteran coaches that I've spoken to say they have seen the same thing happen over and over and over.

Of course, this really only applies to pretty evenly matched teams.  A badass human team against a just plain bad Sim team is going to keep widening that margin.  But two fairly even human teams?  The team that starts out really slow almost always comes back to win.  It's a definite flaw in the engine. 

Yes. I call it the HD engine correction. Especially if the team that is behind early is the favorite going in. 
9/25/2015 9:53 AM
Certainly an inorganic feeling. "Ah crap, I'm up 16-4."
9/25/2015 11:04 AM
Ive played less games then everyone else commenting but I still notice this a lot. I try and chalk it up to the team "saving energy" or the better team just slacking off. I know it's a flaw in the engine but I try and legitimize it and make the play-by-play a little more fun/realistic to read. All that being said, you do see this happen in college sometimes where an elite team takes an underdog lightly for a relatively extended period of time. 
9/25/2015 12:45 PM
Posted by davefilby on 9/9/2015 3:53:00 PM (view original):
At least we are running away with the SOS title. If you're looking for a common opponent when evaluating the top seeds come tourney time, look no further than Incarnate Word. We have 9 games scheduled against the current top 12 on the projection report, more if the CT breaks right (wrong?).

Here are the results so far:

Vs Ouachita Baptist, 70-63 L
vs Adams St, 78-75 L
at New Mexico Highlands, 79-75 L
vs Mercyhurst, 101-98 OT L
vs CSI, Los Angeles , 75-62 W
vs Montevallo, 75-74 OT L
vs St Mary's (TX), 80-76 W
at Montevallo, 97-95 W
vs Rockhurst, 94-88 L

I've learned
1) there are some damn good teams in D-II Iba
2) I'm scheduling some sims next season

Ended up playing all 4 Final Four teams:

Lost to Rockhurst by 6
Lost to New Mexico Highlands by 4
Lost to N Kentucky by 10
Beat CSU, Los Angeles by 13

Tonight's final is between two powerhouses. Good luck to both.
9/26/2015 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 12
Iba Season 81 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.