New, more clear poll re: update Topic

Let's be honest. 
Communism does sell well to the masses! Too bad it doesn't work in real life or encourage competition for excellence.
9/18/2015 12:35 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/18/2015 12:18:00 PM (view original):
interesting so far. not surprisingly, the initial rush was all negative. the really active guys skew that way. definitely will continue to moderate as a larger sample comes into play. i really am interested to see how it plays out. i am guessing the support for the release in general (q1) is roughly mixed, 40-60%, and that the folks who think its widely viewed negatively will be surprised. i actually think change and seble are more widely supported in this community than many folks think. but, i do think the trend will continue to support the mega update just being too enormous in scope at this time. i suspect if we took the top 10 changes, and polled on support for them individually, as in, their own update, the support for the individual changes here would be much larger than the whole release - which stems from people generally being pro-change here, but that optimism being dampened by the sheer enormity in scope.
e·nor·mi·ty
[i'nôrmite]
NOUN
(the enormity of)
the great or extreme scale, seriousness, or extent of something perceived as bad or morally wrong:
"a thorough search disclosed the full enormity of the crime"
a grave crime or sin:
"the enormities of the regime"
synonyms: wickedness · evil · vileness · baseness · depravity · [more]

While some people may indeed really dislike the update, well, might be overdoing it(g)

(Just some good natured ribbing here, really)
9/18/2015 12:38 PM
I only have one id. FYI. 
9/18/2015 1:01 PM
Can't really vote accurately in stewdog's first poll.  Seble's overhaul of recruiting and tweaking recruit generation both fall into the "yes" category, but I'm all for the latter and not so much the former.
9/18/2015 1:14 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 9/18/2015 12:38:00 PM (view original):
interesting so far. not surprisingly, the initial rush was all negative. the really active guys skew that way. definitely will continue to moderate as a larger sample comes into play. i really am interested to see how it plays out. i am guessing the support for the release in general (q1) is roughly mixed, 40-60%, and that the folks who think its widely viewed negatively will be surprised. i actually think change and seble are more widely supported in this community than many folks think. but, i do think the trend will continue to support the mega update just being too enormous in scope at this time. i suspect if we took the top 10 changes, and polled on support for them individually, as in, their own update, the support for the individual changes here would be much larger than the whole release - which stems from people generally being pro-change here, but that optimism being dampened by the sheer enormity in scope.
e·nor·mi·ty
[i'nôrmite]
NOUN
(the enormity of)
the great or extreme scale, seriousness, or extent of something perceived as bad or morally wrong:
a grave crime or sin:

While some people may indeed really dislike the update, well, might be overdoing it(g)

fair enough. i am a techie, i suck at words, i didn't realize enormity necessarily carried a negative context. i was going for the hugeness side of it, and the part about how it usually has a scale beyond what people are necessarily seeing at first glance. i felt i'd overused the word "huge" already... so that was my fallback :) got something better for me?
9/18/2015 1:30 PM
I suspect you're right. I'd really love to see a more gradual rollout, but if they're just rewriting things because it's so hard to tweak, that will be difficult. Just hoping that seble will be really willing to tweak based on beta
9/18/2015 1:31 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/18/2015 1:30:00 PM (view original):
e·nor·mi·ty
[i'nôrmite]
NOUN
(the enormity of)
a grave crime or sin:

fair enough. i am a techie, i suck at words, i didn't realize enormity necessarily carried a negative context. i was going for the hugeness side of it, and the part about how it usually has a scale beyond what people are necessarily seeing at first glance. i felt i'd overused the word "huge" already... so that was my fallback :) got something better for me?
That's one of those words that is misused so often we shld probably just add a secondary definition without the negative denotation
9/18/2015 1:32 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 9/18/2015 1:32:00 PM (view original):
e·nor·mi·ty
[i'nôrmite]
NOUN
(the enormity of)
a grave crime or sin:

That's one of those words that is misused so often we shld probably just add a secondary definition without the negative denotation
:  the quality or state of being huge :  immensity <the inconceivable enormity of the universe>

Like that one from Merriam-Webster you mean?
9/18/2015 1:39 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/18/2015 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Can't really vote accurately in stewdog's first poll.  Seble's overhaul of recruiting and tweaking recruit generation both fall into the "yes" category, but I'm all for the latter and not so much the former.
Tweaking recruit generation is not in consideration from my understanding. Did I miss something? 
9/18/2015 1:39 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/18/2015 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarvolon on 9/18/2015 1:32:00 PM (view original):
e·nor·mi·ty
[i'nôrmite]
NOUN
(the enormity of)
a grave crime or sin:

:  the quality or state of being huge :  immensity <the inconceivable enormity of the universe>

Like that one from Merriam-Webster you mean?
fair enough. remove the "should," replace with "did" 
9/18/2015 1:40 PM
Posted by stewdog on 9/18/2015 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Tweaking recruit generation is not in consideration from my understanding. Did I miss something? 
Maybe I didn't really understand the intent of the question then.  You asked, "How many people think that fixing recruiting will fix the issues this game has? "

The first thought I had when reading the question was 'fixing recruit generation will fix some of the issues.'  But if your question was specifically geared towards Seble's overhaul, then disregard.  
9/18/2015 1:58 PM
Yes agreed.  I voted "yes" but with the expectation that meant fixing recruit generation, NOT with the way recruiting is currently done.
9/18/2015 2:07 PM
Posted by stewdog on 9/18/2015 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Problem with beta testing is that it cannot possibly take into account d1 conference inequity and the massive number of sims that hinder the development of mid majors. You can simulate certain things well... but lateral movement up the chain, accumulation of conference coaches, etc. can't be simulated in less than a year. 
They did the baseball beta "right". We played like 20 seasons or more in like a week. I think this beta will take longer and need more seasons though.
9/18/2015 2:18 PM
Posted by stewdog on 9/18/2015 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Let's be honest. 
Communism does sell well to the masses! Too bad it doesn't work in real life or encourage competition for excellence.
Feudalism isn't too great either.

[enters manor bedchamber where you're nailing 4 milkmaids]
[takes hat off, keeping eyes lowered] 
Will there be anything else, my lord?   Now if you'll excuse me, my lord, I've got to get back to the forge so I can finish casting next year's HD championship trophy for you.   I am here to serve you.  And thank you for allowing me to till your land for you and letting me sleep in your corn crib.  
[takes a deep bow, turns for quick peek at milkmaids' bottoms, puts hat back on, exits]
9/18/2015 2:24 PM
Can someone explain the point of gradually introducing the changes?  Would the beta only be for a few things at a time as well so we would have multiple beta's?

Doesn't it seem like it would actually take longer to get things understood completely if we just kept adding things slowly.  I mean does everything really seem so complicated to the point we aren't smart enough as a group to figure things out with a beta and then a few seasons in real worlds?

What exactly is so big that we need to slowly implement?

The biggest thing is recruiting and scouting, where the knowledge and how we actually gather it is changing(but we know exactly what we are still looking for).  Recruit preferences we should find out how they work within a few seasons in the beta.  Then fixing the timeline with EE's and coach transfers.

I'm mean it just seems like we are all thinking it is so big that we can't handle it...

I would garentee within 20 seasons we would have a full working knowledge of the current proposed changes.
9/18/2015 2:27 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New, more clear poll re: update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.