The Wait Is Over Discussion Thread Topic

From Tzentmeyer's Critical News Post:
All,

The Hardball Dynasty upgrade will be taking place Thursday, October 15th.  Starting around 8:00 AM ET, HBD will be seeing it's biggest overhaul in the game's history.

Here's what you should expect:

• The game will look radically different, but the gameplay will remain the same
  • The game will be playable on any device
  • We've overhauled many pages to provide easier way to accomplish common tasks
  • The game will be more social and will include better ways to market your world to outsiders 
Once this update is out, we will begin marketing the game during the MLB playoffs and offseason to help drive more users into the game to help your worlds fill faster.

We've had 60+ owners helping us test for the last couple months so the game has been pretty thoroughly tested. But we know there will still be bugs (there always are).  We'll be creating a special forum thread Thursday for everyone to post any issues they see. We'll be monitoring all day Thursday and Friday to verify and fix as quickly as possible.

We hope you're as excited about the upgrade as we are.

Sincerely,
WhatIfSports

Do we have any screenshots or idea of what this will be? Are UI changes where this overhaul stops?
10/12/2015 4:40 PM (edited)
I wonder if some or all of those awful team logos are redesigned.
10/12/2015 4:48 PM
LOL hypnotoad. Wonder if new stadiums are included? I use Charlotte a lot and the dimensions are different than the old park. 
10/12/2015 4:53 PM
Would love to hear feedback from those who have play tested the new mobile format.
10/12/2015 5:01 PM
"Gameplay will be the same." Yawn. Just aesthetics. Another yawn. I'm half expecting the need to login through Facebook.
10/12/2015 5:05 PM
Posted by ramonshaw on 10/12/2015 5:05:00 PM (view original):
"Gameplay will be the same." Yawn. Just aesthetics. Another yawn. I'm half expecting the need to login through Facebook.
What is boring about an attempt at finding new owners? I'm looking forward to it!
10/12/2015 5:20 PM
A UI overhaul is a big step towards marketing to new users.  So is mobile gameplay.  Much appreciated!
10/12/2015 5:22 PM
Lets give it a chance and see if it makes a difference.
10/12/2015 5:52 PM
Jersey numbers
10/12/2015 6:11 PM
Suck it, FanDuel. What if sports is going to take away all your ad time now!
10/12/2015 6:17 PM
Seriously, though, this sounds like good news. I use an iPhone to play the game, so if they're making it easier to do that, I'm on board.

And the advertising is something that people have been calling for for years, so sounds like a good thing.
10/12/2015 6:19 PM
You might be on to something with disillusioned Fanduel/Draftkings players - if they like *daily* fantasy, they should love thrice daily.
10/12/2015 6:30 PM
Posted by plague on 10/12/2015 5:52:00 PM (view original):
No, let's complain about how it sucks before we even know what it is.

Oh, wait, nevermind.   That already started.
10/12/2015 6:32 PM
MLB playoff advertising sounds like a great idea. Plus, if it's easier to advertise my league open spots on Facebook and twitter I'm all for it.
10/12/2015 8:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/12/2015 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by plague on 10/12/2015 5:52:00 PM (view original):
No, let's complain about how it sucks before we even know what it is.

Oh, wait, nevermind.   That already started.
No kidding. First post I saw in any of my worlds: "Great time to F our game up."

What is the downside to improving the mobile/tablet interface, advertising to drum up new owners and adding self-promotion features? If WIS posted that they were giving way free money, within 10 minutes someone would complain that it's not enough and it would immediately be followed by a complaint that it should be in Bitcoin, not dollars.
10/12/2015 8:57 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
The Wait Is Over Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.