The Wait Is Over Discussion Thread Topic

I know i`m old and just generally hate change so i wasn`t the target demographic here but after seeing these changes i`m not renewing the 2 teams i have finishing this week.I need to start weening myself off WIS.Changing things just to change them without any added benefit doesn`t make a lot of sense to me.I certainly don`t see how it`s more user friendly.It seems like the time and money would`ve been better spent on the marketing side than doing something that inevitably was going to be a drawback for a decent percentage of their established customer base without adding anything to the actual game itself.
10/15/2015 12:26 PM
Look, assuming they actually intend to follow through on this...

The site has been looking like 2006 for awhile now.  The numbers say that many more people use the web via mobile these days.  Any viable website now HAS to have mobile functionality, plain and simple.

It's been said before in these forums, if they want to attract new users in 2015 - guys who were teens when I first got here, in some cases, they can't do it with a 2006 website.

Now that they have the house looking saleworthy, NOW they can start looking for new buyers.  I can follow along with that.

10/15/2015 12:43 PM
Site looks great! However, implementing the "redirect after post" pattern would increase usability a lot! I keep swiping and having the site attempt to resubmit my POSTs.
10/15/2015 12:52 PM
When copying and pasting a player profile...  there used to be clipboard and then WIS icon.     Now... there is clipboard..  but no WIS icon as 2nd step.   When I paste from just clipboard alone... it is pasting something from last week.    Where is the WIS icon for pasting profiles???
10/15/2015 12:55 PM
miket - what version of IE are you running into problems with? Any specific pages worse than others?
10/15/2015 1:01 PM
Anyone swallow a gun due to the new changes yet?

(FWIW I think they are very good.)
10/15/2015 1:06 PM
This is going to take a little bit to get used to.
10/15/2015 1:15 PM
I'm unable to clipboard player links and add them to tradechats or world chats..  

I used Chrome
10/15/2015 1:24 PM
Posted by damag on 10/15/2015 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Look, assuming they actually intend to follow through on this...

The site has been looking like 2006 for awhile now.  The numbers say that many more people use the web via mobile these days.  Any viable website now HAS to have mobile functionality, plain and simple.

It's been said before in these forums, if they want to attract new users in 2015 - guys who were teens when I first got here, in some cases, they can't do it with a 2006 website.

Now that they have the house looking saleworthy, NOW they can start looking for new buyers.  I can follow along with that.

^This.  It looks fantastic.
10/15/2015 2:08 PM
Is there any way to reduce the text size or display? I understand that they want the menus and pulldowns to be easier to see/use, but trying to look at the ratings on the 'player cards' is super-annoying when you have to scroll all over the place.
BTW - I'm on an android mobile device using chrome. Maybe it looks better on a desktop, but thought the whole point of this was to make it better on phones, and it seems much more cumbersome to view certain things... at least with what I'm seeing so far.
10/15/2015 2:40 PM (edited)
Posted by tecwrg on 10/15/2015 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mikeschless on 10/15/2015 9:13:00 AM (view original):
Is Franchise Center gone?  I like to read my team's play-by-play from Franchise Center since when going to the Office page, the Emails would show an injury and spoil my reading of the play-by-play.. 
Franchise Center will still be there.

One of the new options you have with the new World Office page is that you can optionally get a pop-up that says "You have a new boxscore" for your ML game the next time you check-in after the next ML game sims, and the rest of the page is "blurred" out so that you can't see standings, inbox, etc.  And the new boxscore is tabbed such that you can go through the play by play in one tab, and see the boxscore and linescore in the other.

That was another new feature that I neglected to describe in my previous post from a couple of days ago.

So how do you hide the results and use the play by play?  Haven't found this setting yet.
10/15/2015 2:40 PM
Will I be getting a box score popup after each game cycle? And is there a way to remove it.  As a side note, I haven't used IE since the 90's but once Windows 10 came I've been using their Edge browser. I hate the new look..
10/15/2015 2:40 PM
Posted by psap on 10/15/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/15/2015 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mikeschless on 10/15/2015 9:13:00 AM (view original):
Is Franchise Center gone?  I like to read my team's play-by-play from Franchise Center since when going to the Office page, the Emails would show an injury and spoil my reading of the play-by-play.. 
Franchise Center will still be there.

One of the new options you have with the new World Office page is that you can optionally get a pop-up that says "You have a new boxscore" for your ML game the next time you check-in after the next ML game sims, and the rest of the page is "blurred" out so that you can't see standings, inbox, etc.  And the new boxscore is tabbed such that you can go through the play by play in one tab, and see the boxscore and linescore in the other.

That was another new feature that I neglected to describe in my previous post from a couple of days ago.

So how do you hide the results and use the play by play?  Haven't found this setting yet.
"Management Console" page.  There's a new section for "Game Result Settings".
10/15/2015 3:03 PM
Posted by ramonshaw on 10/15/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Will I be getting a box score popup after each game cycle? And is there a way to remove it.  As a side note, I haven't used IE since the 90's but once Windows 10 came I've been using their Edge browser. I hate the new look..
Yes, and yes.  See the post immediately before this one.
10/15/2015 3:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/15/2015 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ramonshaw on 10/15/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Yes, and yes.  See the post immediately before this one.
Thanks, Tec.
10/15/2015 3:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
The Wait Is Over Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.