October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

what's the WIS (sparky) logic or sorting order for optimizing a saved lineup?  my lead off hitter is "optimized" to the cleanup hole, while my best power hitter is sorted to the leadoff spot.  it seems i am not the only one to notice its' interesting choices. 
10/22/2015 11:04 PM
We just pushed an update. View Details.
10/23/2015 9:20 AM
don_wide - if you can reproduce the pitching staff bug you mentioned, can you provide steps? we cannot reproduce.

gotigers17 - we verified copy/paste from clipboard to forums being an issue. we will fix.

wrecks - I could not duplicate the issue you mentioned. If you are still seeing this, can you provide any more details? We just tried your steps with your team and it worked.  Let us know device, browser & browser version.

carpetbagger - you are right. the "Order" logic is producing different results compared to the "Optimize" logic. We will track down and fix.  The AI uses the "Optimize" logic, so this is limited to users choosing the "Order" button (thankfully).

World Office - notifications are now only displayed if there are any. Previously, we showed every one even if it was 0. Now, we only show if > 0.

10/23/2015 9:39 AM (edited)
Copy to all lineups in the minors is now working properly, and staying in the correct league for me. Optimize working too, haven't tried lineup but I see its currently having issues
10/23/2015 11:42 AM
Posted by gdmetz on 10/22/2015 9:52:00 AM (view original):
I can't speak for alogman1, but I think the 'advanced details' in the player card should be viewable w/o a click.  that's where I look for the information.

^
10/23/2015 12:36 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/23/2015 9:39:00 AM (view original):
don_wide - if you can reproduce the pitching staff bug you mentioned, can you provide steps? we cannot reproduce.

gotigers17 - we verified copy/paste from clipboard to forums being an issue. we will fix.

wrecks - I could not duplicate the issue you mentioned. If you are still seeing this, can you provide any more details? We just tried your steps with your team and it worked.  Let us know device, browser & browser version.

carpetbagger - you are right. the "Order" logic is producing different results compared to the "Optimize" logic. We will track down and fix.  The AI uses the "Optimize" logic, so this is limited to users choosing the "Order" button (thankfully).

World Office - notifications are now only displayed if there are any. Previously, we showed every one even if it was 0. Now, we only show if > 0.

1) SP1 to T4A
2) T4A to SUA
3) T4B to SUA
4) Rest to T4B
5) Rest to SUA
6) SP2 to SP1
7) SP3 to SP2
8) Rest to SP3
9) Save Roles
10) " You may not have 2 pitchers in the same role".
11) Save Roles
12) Roles successfully saved.

Android 5.1
Chrome
10/23/2015 2:58 PM
From my Android phone through chrome... It appears that there is a problem when trying to optimize 'vs RHP' PH assignments. When you are under the RH tab and hit optimize, it refreshes/reloads and has you back on the vs LHP tab. Not good!
10/23/2015 4:19 PM
Sent a ticket on this, Android phone using Chrome the quick links box is covering the bottom 3 teams the trade chat screen.
10/24/2015 11:47 AM
So, players with multiple true max offers in free agency no longer wait until the sign coaches cycle of free agency to make their decision on who to sign with. I'm curious why the player base was not informed of this change before it was implemented.
10/24/2015 12:59 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/24/2015 12:59:00 PM (view original):
So, players with multiple true max offers in free agency no longer wait until the sign coaches cycle of free agency to make their decision on who to sign with. I'm curious why the player base was not informed of this change before it was implemented.
How do you know this?   You don't have a team that's in the Free Agency phase.
10/24/2015 1:06 PM
I know other owners who do. Feel free to read the world chat in LOCO.
10/24/2015 1:14 PM (edited)
alleyviper - this logic did not change. there has always been variance with when a player will decide to sign. Tied to his patience rating.
10/24/2015 3:37 PM
In my experience, it has never happened in any other world I've ever been in (and I've been through this exact process in at least 6 other worlds with max contract FAs and it's worked the exact same every single time). I've seen variance in guys who *aren't* debating max contract tiebreaker scenarios, but never once have I seen a true max guy sign before the 'end coach negotiations' cycle (PM Part 2, ~3pm EST). Minor league coaches start signing the PM2-2 cycle the day after coach hiring opens, the major league coaches begin signing in the cycles following that, generally the PC/BU guys don't decide until the AM-2 cycle on the morning of the 'end coach negotiations' day, and player signings are processed in the sim before coach signings so it takes an extra cycle for your coaching staff to be reflected and therefore change the tiebreaker. The entire system worked like clockwork (which to me lends credence to the idea it would need to be changed, so that smart owners who've figured it out can't continue to win max tiebreaker scenarios).
10/24/2015 4:12 PM
Right, I've never seen this play out in any different way in any world. That could mean that it's a very edge case for it not to play out that way, it could mean that the logic is inconsistent, or any number of other things. But 100% of contested max players that I've seen in all of my seasons have signed at the coach signing date, and the remarkable consistency with which myself and others have experienced it, combined with a general lack of transparency on how certain facets of the game work, make it tough to wrap one's head around it always being this way.
10/24/2015 6:32 PM
For what it's worth, I've seen contested max players sign, before this update, as early as day 3 (of 4) PM cycle 2.  They don't all wait the full distance.  
I wasn't one of the bidders, so I can't tell you offhand if all bidders' PCs had been hired, or if someone had the loyalty bonus.  But this isn't new. It isn't common, but it isn't new.
10/24/2015 7:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.