October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

trade screen is pretty wonky if you're adding cash -- sometimes it updates correctly and sometimes not.  It tells me I don't have enough in my budget even if I add enough to cover the whole deal
10/30/2015 10:44 AM
I just lost out on a free agent in Kaline. For the second time I received a 'i don't want to get booed out of the stadium due to expectations, try changing the amount, or length of the contract. I offered every possible type of contract you could. I kept getting the same response. He finally signed with another team, for 4 million less, plus a minor league contract. I was wondering if you could please explain this to me. I had never seen this in the old format. While I am at it, the playoff brackets are horrible. Used to check them often, I don't anymore. I hate that the interface has so little color. I find it difficult to read, and it is beginning to be more like work to me. I am a longtime owner, and frankly, I am disappointed. It just looks like a cheaper looking site than what it was. I Enjoy your game, hopefully you work things out, as I would really like to keep playing it. I missed more cycles since the update, then I did the past year.
10/30/2015 9:15 PM

The free agent thing you describe is nothing new.  It's a safeguard that's always been there to prevent somebody from overpaying for a mediocre player.

Can you link the player?

10/30/2015 9:33 PM
Has anyone seen the screen where you can see B and T handedness for all of your players?  I thought I used to find this under Player Search / Status Info, but I'm not seeing it.  I'm looking for this info in the off season for pasting into a spreadsheet.
10/30/2015 11:24 PM
Under reports on the World drop-down menu, click on the team rosters option. Your team should be the default.
10/31/2015 3:41 AM
Thanks drummer.  New layout threw me off.
10/31/2015 9:28 AM
I still can't set the lineup with my Kindle Fire. I've sent in tickets. Please!
10/31/2015 8:31 PM
Please stop moving things for the sake of moving things. It was efficient to have the World, GM, Manager and Admin headings listed on the home screen. It's like a daily game of hide and seek to figure out where things moved. If having them in a dropdown menu is needed for mobile, why not also leave them where they were since they were not taking up any space?
10/31/2015 8:48 PM
I've found what works for me is ignore everything but the orange 'hamburger' lines on the upper right of the home page. If you click that you get menu options that mimic the old setup. It works best for me.
10/31/2015 8:55 PM
I can't set my lineup while on my Kindle. Any chance we can get that fixed soon?
10/31/2015 9:34 PM
I find it easier to do things on my tablet and phone than the previous setup.  On my laptop the old system was better but I'm slowly adjusting.
11/1/2015 8:45 PM
i've lost most of my desire to go to the page / site.  i just found that i now have to click on "advanced details" on each player card to see basic things that used to be visible from the beginning.  can we have a cranky old man / more raw version that doesn't try to make things look good?
11/2/2015 11:55 AM
Are we seeing an uptick in new users as a result of what was essentially a marketing effort? Would be nice to get some updates on the business side of things to see if the changes actually validate the number of users whom the changes alienated.  Seeing several veteran owners either question whether to return or drop their teams as their seasons wrap up (and I'm only in a handful of leagues).  Not really hearing much about an influx of new users though.  It's tough to see good owners leaving, but keeping us updated on the returns (still very early) in terms of new users/world fill times would be a good start, especially if world fill times are not noticeably faster (and are quite variable to begin with). 

I've all but stopped using the site on my phone at this point.  Condensing all the content down into a one-size fits all page just hasn't been working for me.  With the previous site you could zoom both in and out to fit the content correctly to the screen.  Now it's pretty much landscape view or bust in terms of fitting stat lines and ratings onto the screen (or you can scroll back and forth in portrait mode to view a string of condensed, bunched together numbers).  The extra click just to open the menu that allows you to navigate the majority of the content is an unnecessary, and for some reason, incredibly frustrating step.  The team/world selection drop down could be shrunk and icons for World, Manager, GM, and Admin could be added (among other options). 

Allowing for layout customization would go a long way towards remedying some of the issues I have with the mobile version, but since it isn't an app I doubt the feasibility of such a feature.

I also still have issues with the PC layout (contrast and spacing still being at the forefront), but at least the navigation is not all that different from the previous version (still weird looking to the right half of the screen to navigate), though I used the drop down menus far more for navigation with the old setup than the quick links that were at the top center of the page.
11/2/2015 2:21 PM
There are only 4 open worlds.   When this began, there had to be more than a dozen.    So worlds are filling.   It appears to me that it's only been 4-5 "new" owners in the ones I checked but public worlds seem to be getting a good benefit.    I don't think the same can be said for private worlds.  Of course, an influx of new owners was never going to help private worlds with admission standards.  At least not until the new guys get some experience.  I've ran across a few owners in my worlds who are giving up HBD due to the new format.    Maybe they were getting burned out and this pushed them over the edge but I've lost a couple. 
11/2/2015 2:27 PM
We've got to get this working on the Kindle Fire. It's the primary way I access the site and I can't set a lineup. I'm just about to drop from 3 to 2 leagues and that may drop durther. I've been playing since '07!
11/2/2015 8:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.