October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Posted by hockey1984 on 1/30/2016 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Admin needs to correct something with prospect positions in the Amature draft.

Have a look at:

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/ProspectProfile.aspx?pid=7755026

Top of the player card it says C but then in the expanded view it says DH. The player has the projected stats to be a C so I assumed that's how they were saved as on the draft board.

I'm in the NL so I have my DH weight set to picking 0. No point. My turn in the draft comes around and my team passes on this guy for one that I had ranked higher (this guy also said would sign for slot money).

I'm not sure how to correct this, but I think something should be done. I'm not going to put 'pick 1 DH'. In my draft settings. In another draft, this guy may be gone and I'd end up with a DH I can't use as my first rounder.
I'm not going to say "needs to correct" but you're right in that it can be misleading in that it can trip up someone who doesn't know what to look for.

I did the opposite in the same draft.  I saw a DH but his projections said he could play C, so I moved him up in my rankings and got him in the middle rounds.  I used to set my DH weight to zero but these days I set it to 1.

Not patting myself on the back here, but I know this can happen.  Same thing with 2Bs who can be CFs and vice versa.  It depends on how much you go over your pre-rankings, and I know some owners don't have the time or inclination to.

1/30/2016 9:45 AM
It's a lesson learned for me for sure, it's just a bit of a disappointment, having a C on my draft list and not knowing he was saved on the board as a DH.
1/30/2016 10:25 AM
Understood, mind you, we are talking about players with arm/PC projections in the 50s and low 60s.  You and I will use players like that at C, but I know there's a group of owners who "would never."  So this discussion is immaterial to them.

1/30/2016 10:46 AM
I had Pizzano projected at 71 PC with 18 mill in HS scouting. Granted his arm strength was only projected at 54. Maybe that's why he was projected as a DH. (Arm accuracy projected at 78).
1/30/2016 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.