October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

I think 9 years of essentially the same interface is remarkably consistent. Hell even Snopes has changed it up in that time period.
10/15/2015 8:44 PM
Is the old interface completely gone? perhaps there's an alt address.method the oldtimers/diehards can access the game from? (ex: Amazon forces me to their mobile site on my phone, but if i wish to use the normal full site I can click on their link.. and although it's small... I can still use the full fledged website on my phone?)

I think the tablets are an improvement... (good job!) ... the pc will just take some getting used to (and right now... is my preferred method of using the new interface)... I generally use my phone to access the site the most and right now I cringe because I don't care for it...  any tricks/suggestions for usage? 

10/15/2015 10:07 PM
Overall, I think the update was a success. My one big complaint is there seems to be no need for so much space in between the stat/rating columns (especially on the player card). All that extra space makes it so we have to constantly be scrolling to the side.
10/15/2015 10:38 PM
The columns on the league leaders stats page are only sortable one way--they'll sort from best to worst, but not worst to best. This doesn't seem to be the case for the team stats.
10/16/2015 12:35 AM
I like it, and I know it will only improve from here. Initially, of course, I was skeptical and thought somebody had ruined my escape from reality. That being said, it didn't take long for me to become accustomed to it. I do a lot with the phone and am very pleased with that as well. I will let everyone else nitpick about what is wrong with it. I know the necessary adjustments will be made. Keep up the good work.
10/16/2015 12:58 AM
OK... I finally got a chance to look at the changes on a desktop PC.  Much more acceptable and easier to adjust to it there than on my phone.  Google chrome both places, but on my Android mobile device, the new interface is a nightmare.  I can adjust to it on the PC, as many of the screens are similar in feel to the old way, but I thought the whole reason for this change was so it was more user-friendly on mobile devices?  It has had the opposite effect from what I see on my phone.  Maybe it is geared more towards iPhone users or something?  To me, the mobile experience reminded me of an online bill pay for mobile devices.... just a bunch of pulldown menus and not very dynamic.  With online bill pay, you find your link, pay your bill and get out.  However, this is supposed to be a deep and rich game experience, and the mobile device style menus and pulldowns fail with that.  And then, the pages that ARE supposed to have stats and ratings and the good stuff require an ungodly amount of scrolling.

Hopefully, it will improve with feedback over the next few days, but as it stands now, I'm going to have to get to a desktop PC to feel like I'm not handicapped by the functionality of the mobile device screens and all the scrolling, etc.  I'd be fine with the changes as it looks on my PC, but would really like an option to revert to the previous/classic WIS HBD look on my phone.
10/16/2015 1:02 AM
using PC XP(SP3) & firefox:  minor beefs - when looking at active worlds, we used to be able to click on heading columns to sort worlds by commissioner, days left, name, etc.   can't do this now.  everything else seems to work fine for this dinosaur.  the line contrast colorings (edit rosters, FA's etc) could stand to be a little brighter.  after the dust settles, i'll have a logic question on optimizing lineups. 
10/16/2015 1:46 AM (edited)
When viewing recommendations, previously the roster list would shade to blue to provide a visual cue that you were looking at recs. Is it possible to return this feature when using optimize?
10/16/2015 1:46 AM
Using IE on a desktop - in management console selected "All" so that (in theory) all game results would be hidden. But - no pop up alert to new ML result. So I found out immediately that my big league team had lost (again). The minor league results were hidden, though... hooray. Can you look at that? The fundamental enjoyment for me is scrolling through the play by plays without knowing results in advance.
Also - standings automatically on the office page - any chance of removing/having an option to hide that? That gives the game away (in a figurative rather than Elvis Andrus sense) too.
Also - I agree with the comment about popups including player profiles appearing in whole screen format on desktop. Much easier to use.
Overall - I'm not going to run away, and the interface looks smart, but there are issues with operations on the office page.
10/16/2015 4:19 AM
And there are display issues on my PC at work (don't tell anyone at work!), using IE... can't read edit roster page, menus all jumbled at the top on office page. Maybe I will run away after all.
10/16/2015 5:33 AM
I found the update works well on my laptop and tablet, though I have not nitpicked for bugs. The general location of everything seems similar so I glad no problem finding things. However, on my iPhone, the new pages are problematic. I used to be able to resize the web page so I could see everything I needed in one screen. Now the font is too big so I have to scroll and that is not acceptable. Like most people, I often monitor my teams while I am on the road, so it is important that the phone experience be usable in every sense. I suggest you allow the user to resize the webpage.
10/16/2015 8:05 AM
Posted by julian1962 on 10/16/2015 5:33:00 AM (view original):
And there are display issues on my PC at work (don't tell anyone at work!), using IE... can't read edit roster page, menus all jumbled at the top on office page. Maybe I will run away after all.
IE not working right for me either. Same issues. Many pages do not format properly and I can't adjust lineups or positions in IE. Works OK with Chrome. The only issue with Chrome I see so far is the Playoff Brackets aren't quite formatted properly, with some things overlapping. As to game results, just click the "see boxscore" option on the main page and you go directly to the play-by play. 
10/16/2015 8:05 AM
I echo Julian's thoughts above - interface looks entirely scrambled at work - PC/IE 11.0.9600 - to the point of being entirely unusable.   looks fine on Mac/Chrome at home.
10/16/2015 8:14 AM
On my kindle fire, I'm unable to move a player from bench to my lineup. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was able to change my lineup on my phone but not my kindle.
10/16/2015 8:29 AM
Are there any plans to go back to or allow an owner to change to the old box score/play by play layout? It's nice to be able to look over a box score, see how a particular player did, and then simply scroll up and down to see where they did what, then scroll right back up to the box in one fell swoop. Especially for pitchers where, say they had a rough game, you can look to see if it was isolated to an inning or two or just dinked and dunked over the course of a game. It's a mild thing but I'm already finding myself spending less time looking at the boxes than I used to.
10/16/2015 8:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.