Posted by hughesjr on 11/4/2015 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Well .. I think that there should be a limit on the number of seasons on can stay with one team at Division-1 in consecutive seasons.

Division-2 and DIvision-3 are pretty equal with respect to a given team and their ability to win.  Some teams are around more recruits (more populated locations closer), but there are also more schools there.  Prestige and other calculations there make the playing field fairly level.

But in Division-1, there are very elite teams.  If one has an elite team, right now they can keep it as long as they want.  If seasons are supposed to be years, one coach at the same team for 80 years is kind of unrealistic.  I would think that a 50 season (or 40) max at any individual school would be realistic, you have to take a job somewhere else.  And of course, real firing logic.  

I agree. It people want realism in Div 1...coaching 30-50 years at same school is not it.
11/5/2015 1:12 AM
I wouldn't improve the SIMS that much, we don't want SIMS to start winning NT, that'd be counterproductive. Just make em a bit better at recruiting.

As for staying 50 years, I don't mind. But if you remain 50 years with no success whatsoever... get the firing going.

It's as simple as that. And make the D1 job offers a bit easier, not much easier, just a bit easier.
11/5/2015 8:08 AM
Posted by zorzii on 11/5/2015 8:08:00 AM (view original):
I wouldn't improve the SIMS that much, we don't want SIMS to start winning NT, that'd be counterproductive. Just make em a bit better at recruiting.

As for staying 50 years, I don't mind. But if you remain 50 years with no success whatsoever... get the firing going.

It's as simple as that. And make the D1 job offers a bit easier, not much easier, just a bit easier.
firing should be way before 50 years lol
11/5/2015 4:53 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.