As an accused WifS sympathizer, somewhat justly so as I've usually gotten quick, reasonable response, I guess we all have our prolems.   First, the good:

11/10/2015 9:02 AM MikeT23
We have an owner who has been missing since ST started(season starts today). I know I can't replace him until the 16th but he only has 7 PP and 9 P on his BL roster. Can you promote 3 PP and 3 P from AAA to hold off fatigue? Pitchers will be playing positions and they'll be wasted by game 10.

Thanks
Mike
11/10/2015 10:49 AM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

What is the username of the owner?

Thanks.
11/10/2015 10:52 AM MikeT23
I suppose that would help. polley070. STL franchise.
11/10/2015 11:03 AM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

We have made these moves for polley070.

Please note that since we had to log in as polley070, we kept note that his last log in was 11/2, which would make the date eligible for replacement 11/16.

Thank you.
11/10/2015 11:19 AM MikeT23
Thanks. Next time someone gripes about CS, I'll mention the quick response on this one.

Mike
11/10/2015 12:35 PM Customer Support
Haha.

Thanks for having our back, Mike.

There will always be people who aren't happy with our resolutions.
11/10/2015 12:39 PM MikeT23
What people fail to recognize is that, while they know exactly what they're talking about, you're starting from scratch. Sort of like me not giving you the team name.

And, half the time, the wording is so horrible that even if you had an idea what they wanted, you still couldn't be 100% certain you'd be addressing the problem.

Thanks again.

11/18/2015 2:36 PM
And, now, the ridiculous:

11/17/2015 8:19 PM MikeT23
Please transfer the Tacoma franchise to bigpop34. TC from dwoolery(also gone since 11/2):

dwoolery 10/31/2015 3:37 PM
This new format only made it worse. I'm gonna send you the $50 credit for the contest and ask if you could try to find a replacement for my team. Sorry to bail, and good luck.

Thanks
Mike
11/18/2015 10:30 AM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

It looks like dwoolery has checked into the site recently.

Would you mind having him send in a ticket with this reference number, 134521?

Thank you.
11/18/2015 11:17 AM MikeT23
I would mind. You have a trade chat from an owner saying "I'm out. Find a replacement." Now, rather than transfer the team as he requested, you're making me, and the owner who asked to be replaced who has not checked this specific team since 11/2, jump thru a hoop.

This is why people blast customer support. The inconsistency is the only consistent thing. I asked, a week ago, if CS would add a few players to the BL roster for STL in Moonlight Graham. It was done almost immediately to stave off fatigue while we waited for the 2 week absentee period to pass. This time, after 15 days of absenteeism and a 15 day old TC requesting replacement, we get this.

Incredible. Do whatever you see as fit.
11/18/2015 12:26 PM Customer Support
Mike,

We are only asking for this due to dwoolery still checking into the site.

We would also like feedback from him on why he is leaving.

Thank you.
11/18/2015 1:20 PM MikeT23
And I am telling you he asked to be replaced on 11/2. I did a copy/paste of his request. You can see, he has not checked this particular world since he made that request. What, exactly, do you think his intentions are regarding his team in Foxx?

Beyond that, I do not share his other world. I have no idea if he's checking sitemail nor do I have a direct line to his house. So, in lieu of replacing him, do you think Foxx should play with an abandoned team until someone can contact him so YOU can get feedback on why he's leaving? Do you not have any information on him? Am I the only person capable of contacting this anonymous person on a simsports site?

Do not bother to respond. A) I don't really care B) Whatever reason you give will make absolutely no sense to me.

11/18/2015 2:37 PM
Am I being unreasonable?    I know I can be but, in this specific case, am I?
11/18/2015 2:38 PM
FWIW, I only posted this because A) they closed the ticket(although, to be fair, I said "Don't respond"   B) they did not transfer the team.    So I'm led to believe they are just fine with an abandoned team in Foxx until I manage to contact an owner who asked to be replaced and hasn't checked the world since 11/2.

Good job, WifS, good job indeed.  

11/18/2015 2:42 PM
I wondered why the team had not shown up for me yet, since the team has been abandoned for more than 2 weeks.
11/18/2015 3:25 PM
At this point, the fact that he asked to be replaced is irrelevant.  He has not checked into Foxx since 11/2, 16 days ago, and that is past the long time WIS standard of 14 days for an abandoned team.

You're not being unreasonable.  They should do the transfer, no questions asked.

11/18/2015 3:27 PM
But I'm the only person on earth capable of contacting him for his feedback on why he's leaving.   How could they possibly get that info if I don't do the legwork for them?
11/18/2015 3:42 PM
Why did you wait 14 days to put in the ticket if he volunteered to give up the team?  Also, it's a public world that you aren't commissioner of and are a third party to the transaction.  I could see them giving it extra scrutiny given the circumstances.  If it was one of the worlds you were commissioner of, it might have been a different story.  
11/18/2015 4:14 PM
if Mike is not commissioner, why are they asking him to get the details? isn't that their job?
11/18/2015 6:33 PM
I waited 14 days for two reasons.  A)  I thought maybe he was having a bad day that turned into a bad week and might change his mind   B)  I was hoping to avoid the nonsense they decided to attempt to put me through anyway.    Now I have a question for you.    What are the circumstances that require extra scrutiny?   I see an owner who abandoned the team and basically said he was abandoning it before he did so.      And, yes, before you ask, they have replaced absentee owners in this very world at my request.    In a public world, everyone is commissioner. 
11/18/2015 9:30 PM
If an owner is still logging into the site, they aren't going to replace him based on an 18 day old trade chat without further corroboration.  Even if he hasn't logged into the specific team for two weeks.  I think that's the difference between your past requests in that public world and this one. 
11/18/2015 10:16 PM
Do you know their guidelines to replace an owner?   I'm guessing you do not.    Please refer to tec's 3:27 post.

Now that you're educated on WifS' policy, what circumstances require extra scrutiny?

11/18/2015 10:32 PM
Wrong guess.  I'm guessing I've replaced more owners than you have.  And my experience with it is where I speak from.  Your case is one based on my experience where they would not replace the owner without further corroboration.  The circumstances that require extra scrutiny are a) the request is based on a trade chat that is 18 days old and b) the owner is still logging into the site.  Makes sense to me.  I guess it doesn't to you. 
11/18/2015 10:57 PM
Replacing owners is the biggest crapshoot of all in terms of hoping the right person handles the ticket. Usually sending TC/SM confirmation with the ticket gets it done. Occasionally the support response asks me to have the leaving owner confirm that his message asking to be replaced means he wants to be replaced. Whether an owner has checked in on other worlds has never been a factor. If it is a factor, logically it would reinforce the request, not cast doubt on it. I've replaced many owners who were still active in other worlds and that has been brought up exactly 0 % of the time.

If there were some reason for extra scrutiny, support should be doing that instead of asking someone else to do it. Especially in a public world. If the update being mentioned triggered the response, it should have been "We want to check in with Owner X to make sure our recent mods have not caused him to change his mind. If we don't hear back from him in X hours, the request will be approved." Though again, the fact that he is checking on other teams and not this one pretty much confirms the request.
11/18/2015 11:16 PM
The whole "Support should be doing that" angle reminds me of the many worlds I've seen that aren't filling where owners are complaining that WIS should do something to fill their world instead of them having to go out and put in effort into recruiting.  It would be nice if WIS would do everything for us, but it's just not how it works. 

As far as replacing an owner, they're basically taking something away from the owner that they purchased and not giving them a refund.  Can't really blame them for getting the extra confirmation, when the request is based on 18 day old correspondence and the owner is still logging into the site. 

11/18/2015 11:34 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.