Posted by joshkvt on 11/19/2015 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alogman1 on 11/19/2015 10:03:00 AM (view original):
There's a precedent for them replacing abandoned owners after 14 days without question?   I must be an outlier because I have been asked to provide additional information several times.   There's a precedent for them being the ones to obtain the additional information if there are questions?  I must be an outlier there too, because when additional information was required to complete a transfer, WIS was the one to obtain the information, to borrow a quote from your buddy josh, exactly 0% of the time.
I'd love to see an example of them asking you to find out why an owner wants out.

The fact that I agree with Mike on this and many other issues — leaning toward good-of-the-world over possibly angering one owner — does not make me his buddy. We're in 1 world together, ironically both as replacements who were brought in without the commish having to jump through hoops. A glance at WC would show just how much we are buddies. Not. He thinks I'm a wordy "jackass" and I think he's a smug know-it-all. That we agree on many issues does not make us buddies.

"There's a precedent for them replacing abandoned owners after 14 days without question?" Yes. As noted by at least three owners in this thread.
"There's a precedent fpr them being the ones to obtain the additional information if there are questions?" No. There's precedent for them accepting "replace me" as meaning "replace me," and if the request was not that clear asking us to have owners involved confirm the request. There's no precedent — unless you can show us one — for them asking a commissioner to find out why someone wants to leave.
My bad for assuming you were buddies with Mike, duly noted that is not the case. Funny, I actually had you pegged as the smug know it all. OK boys, it's been fun, back to business, good luck treading the waters against these "oppressive" levels of customer service we're facing.
11/19/2015 1:00 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 11/19/2015 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Whoops. Hadn't seen your last post before responding. Mystery solved. Being intentionally stupid for the fun of it it is. My bad for taking the bait.
You're a little slow on the uptake.    He's been being stupid, intentional or not I can't say, for roughly 24 hours. 
11/19/2015 1:04 PM
Posted by alogman1 on 11/19/2015 12:12:00 PM (view original):
What facts are involved here?  It's all opinions on what is an acceptable level of customer service.   Mike feels he is entitled to have CS do everything his way, the way he wants it, when he wants it, and anything less is horrible customer service.   I disagree.  
Well, either my way or in a consistent manner so I can understand THEIR way.    Because, as it is, it seems to be "A" team vs. "B" team way.  

I've said, many, many times while defending CS that it's the worst job I can imagine if you're not standing knee deep in ****.   But, if you can't get the same answer on a different day, CS makes their job that much worse.   Because people say "WTF?   You did this yesterday and now there are extra steps?"

11/19/2015 1:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/19/2015 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alogman1 on 11/19/2015 12:12:00 PM (view original):
What facts are involved here?  It's all opinions on what is an acceptable level of customer service.   Mike feels he is entitled to have CS do everything his way, the way he wants it, when he wants it, and anything less is horrible customer service.   I disagree.  
Well, either my way or in a consistent manner so I can understand THEIR way.    Because, as it is, it seems to be "A" team vs. "B" team way.  

I've said, many, many times while defending CS that it's the worst job I can imagine if you're not standing knee deep in ****.   But, if you can't get the same answer on a different day, CS makes their job that much worse.   Because people say "WTF?   You did this yesterday and now there are extra steps?"

Fair enough, I understand your frustration with the extra step and agree that a more transparent process that is consistently enforced would alleviate some of the frustration when you've already put in extra work to line up a replacement.
11/19/2015 1:17 PM
That was relayed in the 2nd post.

11/18/2015 11:17 AM MikeT23
I would mind. You have a trade chat from an owner saying "I'm out. Find a replacement." Now, rather than transfer the team as he requested, you're making me, and the owner who asked to be replaced who has not checked this specific team since 11/2, jump thru a hoop.

This is why people blast customer support. The inconsistency is the only consistent thing. I asked, a week ago, if CS would add a few players to the BL roster for STL in Moonlight Graham. It was done almost immediately to stave off fatigue while we waited for the 2 week absentee period to pass. This time, after 15 days of absenteeism and a 15 day old TC requesting replacement, we get this.

11/19/2015 1:24 PM
I guess I've come to accept the inconsistency of CS as a given.  I was frustrated too the times I was asked to take extra steps on a transfer.  I also played a major role in orchestrating a merger, submitted the ticket, and it went completely unresponded to for four weeks, when the merger partner ended up filling when they became the featured world.  Not a word, no quick note to say that they couldn't do it right now because of the updates but it could happen on this date or a "sorry that happened" after.   A second merger was orchestrated, and I bowed out due to my frustration with the process.  Others just wanted to play with their teams and moved forward.  And what do you know, they put it through two days after the ticket was submitted and those owners are merrily enjoying their first season in a merged world despite all of the frustration of the previous attempt. 

I will continue to weigh the frustration of such inconsistencies in determining my future participation in the game.  And if I decide I've had enough, I probably will be easily replaced in those worlds as I was in the above mentioned merger, because there is still a demand for the game, even given certain inconsistencies in customer service levels.   
11/19/2015 1:54 PM
As I said, I've been accused of being a WifS apologist.    Rightly so because, in most cases, I think tickets are comprised of well-intentioned but poorly explained solutions to a very specific problem.    Or, in some cases, muddled whining full of jumbled grammar and gross misspellings that leave CS with no choice but to go "WTF?"   So I've said we need to do better to get better results.

But I've never had a problem with team transfers, until my June request and now this one, that followed pretty specific guidelines.  I can even give them a pass on June as I pasted a forum quote with no thread reference(easy enough to find but that would require effort on their part).   But, with this one, meets the guidelines and they have a very specific place they could check for authenticity(even though it meets the other guideline).  There's just no excuse to leave an abandoned team in this instance.   None. 

11/19/2015 4:09 PM

This is the way around 98% of my requests for team transfers go.  Maybe it's my good manners that cause things to go smoothly.

10/12/2015 3:03 PM tecwrg
Good afternoon,

The owner of the Rochester franchise (NL East) in Mantle has asked to be replaced. I have found a new owner who is willing to take over his team.

Please transfer the Rochester team in Mantle from current owner spudpicker with new owner rcoffey45.

Please refer to the trade chats between me and spudpicker for confirmation of his request to be replaced, and to the sitemails between me and rcoffey45 for his agreement to take over the team.

Thanks,

Tec
10/13/2015 1:38 PM Customer Support
Hi Bill,

We have transferred this team to rcoffey45.

Please let rcoffey45 know that they are taking over the team as is and they are now responsible for all win/loss records at all levels of the franchise.

Thank you.
10/13/2015 1:48 PM tecwrg
Thanks!
11/19/2015 10:20 PM
And this isn't well-mannered?

11/17/2015 8:19 PM MikeT23
Please transfer the Tacoma franchise to bigpop34. TC from dwoolery(also gone since 11/2):

dwoolery 10/31/2015 3:37 PM
This new format only made it worse. I'm gonna send you the $50 credit for the contest and ask if you could try to find a replacement for my team. Sorry to bail, and good luck.

Thanks
Mike

11/20/2015 9:27 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/20/2015 9:27:00 AM (view original):
And this isn't well-mannered?

11/17/2015 8:19 PM MikeT23
Please transfer the Tacoma franchise to bigpop34. TC from dwoolery(also gone since 11/2):

dwoolery 10/31/2015 3:37 PM
This new format only made it worse. I'm gonna send you the $50 credit for the contest and ask if you could try to find a replacement for my team. Sorry to bail, and good luck.

Thanks
Mike

I had two "please"s and one "thanks".  You only had one "please" and no "thanks".

Me >>> you.

11/20/2015 9:33 AM
WTF???  Do you not see the "thanks" at the end?
11/20/2015 9:44 AM
My bad.

That changes it to:

me  >> you.

11/20/2015 10:05 AM
Suck up.
11/20/2015 10:57 AM
maybe they did it just to f with you because they knew you'd respond exactly the way you did, and just wanted to get a rise out of you. I'd have done the same thing, maybe learn some socialization skills
11/20/2015 3:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.