Who wins the AFC Championship? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 2/3/2016 3:28:00 PM (view original):
This won't make the Seahawks or their fans feel any better: In the days leading up the Super Bowl -- and The Interception -- the Patriots' scout team ran the same pass play we saw from Seattle's offense late in the fourth quarter that made cornerback Malcolm Butler the unlikeliest of heroes.

And Butler was beaten.

“I was at practice, and the scout team ran the same exact play,” Butler told Dan Patrick on Wednesday, via PFT.com. “And I got beat on it at practice because I gave ground. ... Bill Belichick, he came and said to me, ‘Malcolm, you’ve gotta be on that.’”
It's still a gamble, because if the receiver does his job and is "on that" himself, Butler never catches that ball, because the receiver doesn't get knocked down - he's standing his ground or doing the knocking.

At best Butler disrupts the receiver or gets a hand in the way, and at worst he gets run over for a TD and would now be known as the guy who got flattened as his team lost the Super Bowl.
2/3/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 2/3/2016 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Brady will be considered one of the best QB's of all time if not the best.  But he has a perception problem.  It's more than just the cheating.  It's people don't like him.  Likablility goes a long way when it comes to Legacies.  Michael Jordan will always be considered one of the best players ever, not just because of the championships, but because almost everyone liked him, even when he is was winning.

Tom Brady, 95% of the people think he's a crybaby and they do not like him.

I think Carolina is the best overall team, so I'm picking Carolina.   But this Denver defense is phenomenal.  They remind me of the Ravens, Bucanneers, and the 85 Bears teams who defensively dominated everyone they played.  So Denver's defense is special, but so is Cam Newton.
Brady is only considered anything great because he's over rated. He's not actually great - he's just a good game manager who has had the fortune to play for the same great coach on the same great team with a lot of other talented players for a long time.

Sure, I don't like him, but  the main reason I don't like him is because he is over rated. If most people actually saw him for what he is and didn't create or buy into the hype, I'd dislike him a lot less.

For the record, Jordan was actually great because he had difference making skills. Of course one of the plays he was best known for - the final shot against the Jazz in 98 - should have had him called for an offensive foul for shoving Byron Russell away to get open, but that's for another thread.

2/3/2016 3:58 PM
Cmon Scotty. Give it up. At least you're not busting out your old pal Shawnfucious to agree with you.

2/3/2016 4:03 PM
Ok I'm tired of wasting my time here, it's like arguing with a block of wood that won't bend, if you catch my drift. Sorry about what Tom did to your wife and your mom that's totally not cool and uncalled for, kind of disgusting in my opinion.
2/3/2016 9:30 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/3/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Cmon Scotty. Give it up. At least you're not busting out your old pal Shawnfucious to agree with you.

I can'a do it, Cap'n Kirk. I do'ana have the pawwr.
2/4/2016 5:44 PM (edited)
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/3/2016 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Ok I'm tired of wasting my time here, it's like arguing with a block of wood that won't bend, if you catch my drift. Sorry about what Tom did to your wife and your mom that's totally not cool and uncalled for, kind of disgusting in my opinion.
You're tired of arguing with someone who has a better argument than you do. That's fine, but don't pretend it's about anything else.
2/4/2016 2:15 PM
Bistiza

I know my Brady facts and I am right. He is right there in the conversation for best ever and probably will be considered top 3 once he retires.
2/4/2016 2:16 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/4/2016 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Bistiza

I know my Brady facts and I am right. He is right there in the conversation for best ever and probably will be considered top 3 once he retires.
I know my Brady facts, and I agree with you - he will be considered top 3 by the hype machine and the talking heads once he retires...

which will guarantee he remains the most over-rated player in the history of major professional sports.

Looks like we're both right in the end.

2/4/2016 2:38 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/4/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/3/2016 9:30:00 PM (view original):
You're tired of arguing with someone who has a better argument than you do. That's fine, but don't pretend it's about anything else.
If that makes ya feel good about yourself, then sure
2/4/2016 7:07 PM
I hate Brady quite a bit but I think you gotta let this one go man...
2/4/2016 7:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Who wins the AFC Championship? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.