Better option at PG (DII) Topic

"PG" skills are important in two major "events" in the sim engine.   In the baseball game we called this the event tree.

The first decision is:  "Is a shot taken?"   I believe the PG plays a huge roll in this and the most important stats for this are, in order, SPEED, BH, PASS, ATH (with IQ being in there somehow).

The sim then calculares who will "shoot".

The second pg related event is the "does the shot go in?" event. I believe that team passing rating (heavily weighted towards PG) is used in this decision.

IMO, that's why Pass is so important.   I can't refurt dahs' numbers but there are certainly more FGA's than TO in every game so the PASS rating affects more decisions.

As an aside, pass is LESS important for teams who live on the FT line because of the reduced chance of FGA's being successful.  Conversely, the 3 point shooting teams benefit more from high pass because of the value of the shot.

2/10/2016 8:55 AM (edited)
This PG www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx

90+ Speed, 80+ PASS but only 53 BH is why I believe my NYU team has been so offensively efficient during the NT (~ 50% for 2FG and 43% for 3FG).  Granted, I have four pretty good scoring option, but that sort of efficientcy in the NT is unheard of on my defense based teams.
2/10/2016 8:55 AM
◂ Prev 12
Better option at PG (DII) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.