IBA D2 Season 85 Topic

Looks like we're all trying to chase down bistiza's 12 upperclassmen at CSU, Los Angeles. We've got a good scoring team, but nothing like what bis is working with overall.

How does your squad look?
3/9/2016 2:31 PM
our 5 best players are guards.....so we're pretty solid, but very lopsided in talent. we should have thought to recruit a big man that can make a shot from more than 2 feet from the basket, but it just didn't occur to us.
3/12/2016 11:34 PM
I am surprised at how well we are doing. Our starting lineup is very, very tough. But we have basically zero depth. We've had some lucky breaks to get to where we are at.

Biggest surprise for me has been the Peach battling the Heartland for #1 conference RPI! It's a battle we will end up losing, but cool to see us in the fight. We've settled into 3rd place with the occasional battle with the CVAC for 2nd lately.
3/15/2016 1:00 PM
And you won the Yarnell... again.
3/15/2016 2:20 PM
Posted by hackerhog on 3/15/2016 2:20:00 PM (view original):
And you won the Yarnell... again.
My "slow it down, make it ugly, hit a few 3s" strategy has been pretty beneficial. I think I've only won the Yarnell in years that I also won the NT. I'd say that streak will definitely break this year!
3/15/2016 5:36 PM
We're pretty good from the perimeter, no inside game at all. Carson is having a great undefeated run with Anderson in the CVAC - and there are a lot of other solid teams over here as well.Limestone is strong as well this season
3/25/2016 11:16 AM (edited)
Posted by bbunch on 3/25/2016 11:16:00 AM (view original):
We're pretty good from the perimeter, no inside game at all. Carson is having a great undefeated run with Anderson in the CVAC - and there are a lot of other solid teams over here as well.Limestone is strong as well this season
The turnaround at Anderson has been impressive. How does the CVAC always get such good coaches?! In the Peach, Georgia College has turned around pretty well by jthieme. The Peach is looking at 7 NT teams, which is a high for us.
3/26/2016 10:30 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 3/26/2016 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bbunch on 3/25/2016 11:16:00 AM (view original):
The turnaround at Anderson has been impressive. How does the CVAC always get such good coaches?! In the Peach, Georgia College has turned around pretty well by jthieme. The Peach is looking at 7 NT teams, which is a high for us.
I think that muskies and I have worked hard to recruit good coaches via sitemail from time to time - but we've also had some luck in that regard as well
3/28/2016 9:49 PM
I would not call myself that good of a coach. I have only gotten past the sweet 16 once, and that was when I had 6 seniors and 6 juniors. Last season I got extremely lucky in the NT, and this season I have had a very easy schedule and will easily be defeated in the NT when I go up against a decent team.
3/30/2016 2:43 PM
Posted by carson333 on 3/30/2016 2:43:00 PM (view original):
I would not call myself that good of a coach. I have only gotten past the sweet 16 once, and that was when I had 6 seniors and 6 juniors. Last season I got extremely lucky in the NT, and this season I have had a very easy schedule and will easily be defeated in the NT when I go up against a decent team.
You're good, carson. Anderson has sucked for forever, and now they are (very) competitive....and for that we in the CVAC thank you.
3/30/2016 6:50 PM
Yeah, I am taking care of Carson in the CT!!! His perfect season will go down the drain! He has done an incredible job at turning the program around though. But Kevo is also having a great season at Belmont Abbey.

I am a bit surprised North Florida is not on top in the Peach. I would not say TeamVip is struggling (SOS 2) but I am expecting him to get to the final four.

My early prediction for final four :

CSU Los Angeles (....)
North Florida
Johnson C. Smith (happy he is peaking this season, that's the closest campus to Pfeiffer)
Incarnate Word

I think Incarnate Word can drop CSU Los Angeles. And if TeamVip can get his offense to click on all cylinders for a game, he could drop CSU Los Angeles too.

4/2/2016 1:23 PM
Thanks zorzi, hope you're right!. And I'm not on top in the Peach because I can't seem to figure out getbedarded's Lander team! 6 of my last 8 losses have come against him including a ridiculous 4x last season (CT AND NT). Gonna have to dig into my bag of tricks if we meet again!

Definitely be nice to make another deep run this year especially since rebuilding time is right around the corner. CSU Los Angeles is scary though. I'm also really glad to see the CVAC looking so strong again. They were the bullies on the block when I first started but got hit with some attrition for a while. Certainly gonna make recruiting the Southeast even fiercer though.
4/2/2016 11:31 PM
Posted by zorzii on 4/2/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I am taking care of Carson in the CT!!! His perfect season will go down the drain! He has done an incredible job at turning the program around though. But Kevo is also having a great season at Belmont Abbey.

I am a bit surprised North Florida is not on top in the Peach. I would not say TeamVip is struggling (SOS 2) but I am expecting him to get to the final four.

My early prediction for final four :

CSU Los Angeles (....)
North Florida
Johnson C. Smith (happy he is peaking this season, that's the closest campus to Pfeiffer)
Incarnate Word

I think Incarnate Word can drop CSU Los Angeles. And if TeamVip can get his offense to click on all cylinders for a game, he could drop CSU Los Angeles too.

I think we are also most likely to have a WTF loss. We are the most likely of that group to miss the Final Four.
4/6/2016 8:17 PM
6 games until we crown CSU Los Angeles!

Johnson C Smith has to be unhappy with a #2 seed after being on the #1 line all season long. At least they drew the weakest #1.

Bracket thoughts?
4/7/2016 4:36 PM
Posted by davefilby on 4/7/2016 4:36:00 PM (view original):
6 games until we crown CSU Los Angeles!

Johnson C Smith has to be unhappy with a #2 seed after being on the #1 line all season long. At least they drew the weakest #1.

Bracket thoughts?
I'm still surprised we got a 1 seed. I think we will be an early exit this year.

Pretty proud of the Peach for leading D2 in bids, as well as having two 1 seeds! After a very brief inspection, the East looks like the toughest bracket.
4/7/2016 5:58 PM
123 Next ▸
IBA D2 Season 85 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.