Best geographical conferences D2/D3 Topic

Probably USAS, University, Heartland, maybe NJ conference sneaks into top 4? and upstate #5 even though it has a few bad ones (In that order)

GLV, Heartland, Central Atlantic, South Atlantic, Southern? Cali?

3/17/2016 10:03 PM
I would say University is #1 in D3 and Heartland is #1 in D2. I do like the NAAA in D2 because you can have loads of quality coaches without poaching each other for recruits, but I don't think the individual schools are placed nearly so well as some other conferences.
3/17/2016 11:16 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 3/17/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
I would say University is #1 in D3 and Heartland is #1 in D2. I do like the NAAA in D2 because you can have loads of quality coaches without poaching each other for recruits, but I don't think the individual schools are placed nearly so well as some other conferences.
I always thought the USAS had better jobs than University, their best schools are better than the UAA's best job imo, and I feel the USAS worst jobs are slightly better than the UAA's

Something like:
PBAU Dallas
Greensboro Emory
Oglethorpe Southwestern
Methodist Stillman
La Grange Millsaps
North Carolina Wesleyan Louisiana
Shenandoah Sewanee
Averett Rhodes
CNU Ozarks
Piedmont Hendrix
Chowan Trinity
Ferrum Centre

I agree with Heartland the worst job is Oklahoma Pan Handle but otherwise everything is very good it looks like. Maybe the Southern but it's a bit crampled in the AL/GA. GLV has too many Kentucky teams and is too close. Maybe the South Atlantic. North American is very spread out but has a lot of bad schools and same with the Great Northwest conference

The upsate howevrer has the best division imo for D3.

NYU, Chicago, Rochester, Case Western Reserve, Brandeis, Washington(MO)

so NYC, Chicago, Rochester and close to buffalo, then Cleveland, Boston, and St. Louis recruiting areas, pretty much 0 overlap in elite recruiting areas for 4 schools, STL is a slight notch below and rochester is 2 notches below but both are good.. unfortunately the north division sucks, with maybe 2 average schools.
3/17/2016 11:45 PM (edited)
Wherever the most D2 recruits are available for pull/drop downs, that's where the best D3 conferences are.
3/18/2016 9:24 AM
Colarado, North Carolina, California, florida
3/18/2016 7:49 PM
For me I actively loathe the California recruiting market at d3
3/18/2016 10:45 PM
I've only got the one school I blindly picked when I started HD so I might not be the best judge, but I always thought Bridgewater in ODAC could be a good spot at D3. 360 mile radius would give you most of VA, NC, WV, PA, OH, and DC/MD, which is pretty fertile ground. Especially if the relevant D2 conferences (WVIAC, South Atlantic, and CIAA) don't have a lot of human coaches. Am I off base on that? And is there a way to tell if those D2 conference are populated before signing up in another world?
3/19/2016 5:37 PM
The easiest recruiting I ever had in this game was in SoCal in Smith
3/19/2016 9:46 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/19/2016 9:46:00 PM (view original):
The easiest recruiting I ever had in this game was in SoCal in Smith
was it an empty conference? I've had some good success in Cali when not crowded, but left a full cali conference because recruiting was a nightmare and I was a *****

I'm back at it in Tark however it's nocal and it's very hit or miss on recruit generation even socal hasn't really seemed that great, I only have 4 players from cali on my team and its not because I lost out on the talent, I've gotten the best no cal has to offer and 1 low starting core but a lot of blues from so cal and thats it. haven't really had any great recruit generations yet, but also the Tark D2 cali conference is really strong which makes it harder I assume.
3/19/2016 9:56 PM (edited)
Maybe averaged 8 guys while I was there. 3 to 4 deep run contenders and 6 to 7 postseason teams.
3/19/2016 10:04 PM
definitely a misnomer to think pbau is fertile recruiting grounds. it's surrounded by water to the east and about 150 to the south and 200 miles to the west. so you can only go north. Locally, you're competing with the D2 Sunshine State Conference for recruits. Northern Florida is already > 360 miles away and then you're competing with alabama and georgia teams. Sure every now and then there is a large concentration of recruits in SoFla, and the Sunshine State Conference didn't do well the last season and none of their teams needs too many recruits, while you have a ton of carryover and post season recruiting cash to help with 5/6 openings. But those circumstances will benefit any team, anywhere.
3/20/2016 9:57 AM
I really had an easy D3 recruiting at Ponoma-Pitzer. I think Ohio is a tough state in D3, really tough. I have been in Ohio Wesleyan for a while and I always need to find ways to get players outside of Ohio and surrounding states are all contested. In D2, I felt Missouri was really tough.
3/20/2016 10:02 AM
Posted by sullytoo on 3/20/2016 9:57:00 AM (view original):
definitely a misnomer to think pbau is fertile recruiting grounds. it's surrounded by water to the east and about 150 to the south and 200 miles to the west. so you can only go north. Locally, you're competing with the D2 Sunshine State Conference for recruits. Northern Florida is already > 360 miles away and then you're competing with alabama and georgia teams. Sure every now and then there is a large concentration of recruits in SoFla, and the Sunshine State Conference didn't do well the last season and none of their teams needs too many recruits, while you have a ton of carryover and post season recruiting cash to help with 5/6 openings. But those circumstances will benefit any team, anywhere.
How come it's a top 3 program of all time then? I believe it produces more recruits and talent than Colorado, which I just took over. Recruiting there is easy I get anyone I really want since there is no D3 schools and pretty much 0 D2 schools, Colorado has the advantage of nearby states like KS NE SD for some extra talent, but PBAU performs better than any other team than maybe Greensboro, who yu could argue has a slight adv over PBAU in NC where tns of talent is located sometimes with some competition though.
3/20/2016 12:17 PM
i'd like to see someone run the numbers on how many d3 and d2 recruits there are within 200 and within 360 miles of pbau and then how many coaches are in the sunshine state conference per world and compare the numbers to g'boro and colorado. i can't imagine the numbers are favorable to pbau. in fact, it was easier for me to recruit at suny potsdam than pbau when sunyac and the other d3 ny area conferences were empty...which i believe is still the case in most worlds.
3/20/2016 6:55 PM
At SUNY PLattsburgh (Phelan).....100 D3 recruits within 200 miles, 28 D2 recruits. Within 360 roughly miles, roughly 350 recruits, and 89 D2 guys.

There are 35 D3 human coaches north of DC and east of the Appalachians. There are 12 humans in d2 in that area. Roughly, I might have missed a few.

3/20/2016 8:20 PM
12 Next ▸
Best geographical conferences D2/D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.