The Beta -- a blog Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 6/5/2016 10:23:00 PM (view original):
if I could cash out my existing seasons and credits, I would leave immediately - but since those costs seem sunk, I'm playing out the string.

Possioble that I'll be impressed enough by the new game to continue perhaps one team - but I'm expecting to move on

BUT, if folks who say quit now can convince WIS to cash out unused seasons and credits, I would be out the door immediately
I would quit now as well if the money I spent and being held for a product I dont want. nor did I buy that particular product, was returned.
6/6/2016 4:03 AM
Come on Tania, you guys don't even know how it will be... Be patient, let the process be discovered, let the bug be treated. I mean, people are so worked up about nothing, it is as if something really strange was going on... It's BETA, it's the same old game except for SCOUTING, and RECRUITING, the rest hasn't changed. And I bet recruiting will have a similar feel. So if SCOUTING does not work, they will change the way it is done.
6/6/2016 9:42 AM
lol seble admit mistakes and fix something... its not changing a bit, id eve be surprised seble fixes the ac coach scout let alone many of the other glaring issues people have been pointing out.
6/6/2016 9:46 AM
Posted by zorzii on 6/6/2016 9:42:00 AM (view original):
Come on Tania, you guys don't even know how it will be... Be patient, let the process be discovered, let the bug be treated. I mean, people are so worked up about nothing, it is as if something really strange was going on... It's BETA, it's the same old game except for SCOUTING, and RECRUITING, the rest hasn't changed. And I bet recruiting will have a similar feel. So if SCOUTING does not work, they will change the way it is done.
Possibly Zorzii: But shutting the game down for possibly several months is not what I expected. Then how many years will it take to fix the new problems created in this format when for YEARS NO effort was put into some simple fixes of the current system in the job hiring and firing, in marketing, in making school preference or close to home-far away from home count and so many others problems they ignored.

I dont trust them, judging from their past performance, to have solved any of the problems and the few problems this new format may have fixed maybe GREATLY out numbered by the the new ones they have created and will again ignore.

I tolerated the current systems faults because I understood them from years of playing and realized that they would not be fixed by an indifferent company. Now I should spend years and dollars learning a new systems faults?

A SIMPLE solution is to have two systems......let those that want to play either the old one or the new one or both do it.
6/6/2016 10:12 AM (edited)
the best part is we wont even know how these changes affect the game for better or worse in the long haul because the beta is so short and unrealistic, why would you pay to continue beta testing as its going to be a year or more before we start to know the true impact it has on D1 parity and how it affects D2/D3 long term
6/6/2016 10:25 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/6/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
the best part is we wont even know how these changes affect the game for better or worse in the long haul because the beta is so short and unrealistic, why would you pay to continue beta testing as its going to be a year or more before we start to know the true impact it has on D1 parity and how it affects D2/D3 long term
If you got to design the entire update, the same exact concern could be expressed with equal, or more, validity.

Moreover, the Beta seemed "short" because you were ejected so early. No one else is confused by that.
6/6/2016 11:49 AM
Posted by rogelio on 6/6/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/6/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
If you got to design the entire update, the same exact concern could be expressed with equal, or more, validity.

Moreover, the Beta seemed "short" because you were ejected so early. No one else is confused by that.
yes and if I had designed the beta I wouldn't have a 2-3 season beta like SEBLE SAID HE WAS PLANNING ON DOING, which has nothing to do with me being booted out early.

A 2-3 season beta does not show the impact the updates have on D1 parity and how D2/D3 schools are affected and that was originally one of the things that I started going off on earlier.

I really don't understand how you can't see that?

here test drive this car we ran it through 1 or 2 tests but not all because that should be enough information and we think it should handle the rest fine.
6/6/2016 12:11 PM
The update its going to ruin D-3 and D-1 in my opinion. I thought about jumping up to Ohio State in one of my Worlds. but what is the point when I will get no benefit from being at a Big 6 school? At a C- in the new system it will be difficult to get out of there because Ohio, Dayton, Toledo, Miami (Ohio). Xavier, ect who have no business recruiting with Ohio State will be able to.

In D-3 I have a blast trying to recruit. It is not as easy to recruit nationally as Seble makes it out to be and it takes skill to find the gems. My recent rebuild has recruits from 12 different States (none from my own). because I was unable to battle the 11 other coaches for recruits. Recruiting with a budget big enough to scout your State and a few others is worthless, not only that, but you cant recruit long distance recruits anyway. This is going to destroy the fun of D-3. No longer will there be conferences with great coaches in it, it will be 1 maybe 2 coaches in each conference. My 2 favorite conferences have multiple elite coaches in them, but its difficult to be elite when there are 12 coaches in California with no other way to get out-of-state kids.

I have a lot more gripes about the game, but my opinions do not matter regardless.

I am not fond of what the update is going to do to the game. I do like the beta better than I expected, but it does not change the fact that D-3 will no longer be as competitive and with the parity in D-1 peoples ultimate goals will be worthless.
6/6/2016 1:06 PM
6/6/2016 1:27 PM
Posted by zorzii on 6/6/2016 9:42:00 AM (view original):
scouting and recruiting is one the most ESSENTIAL parts of the game. I hope you are right in that they will change the scouting and/or recruiting if necessary! So far, it doesn't look good.

6/6/2016 1:34 PM
um whats going on here you are supposed to be arguing with me that the game is perfect and seble knows what he is doing.....
6/6/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by qb4usf on 6/6/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
The update its going to ruin D-3 and D-1 in my opinion. I thought about jumping up to Ohio State in one of my Worlds. but what is the point when I will get no benefit from being at a Big 6 school? At a C- in the new system it will be difficult to get out of there because Ohio, Dayton, Toledo, Miami (Ohio). Xavier, ect who have no business recruiting with Ohio State will be able to.

In D-3 I have a blast trying to recruit. It is not as easy to recruit nationally as Seble makes it out to be and it takes skill to find the gems. My recent rebuild has recruits from 12 different States (none from my own). because I was unable to battle the 11 other coaches for recruits. Recruiting with a budget big enough to scout your State and a few others is worthless, not only that, but you cant recruit long distance recruits anyway. This is going to destroy the fun of D-3. No longer will there be conferences with great coaches in it, it will be 1 maybe 2 coaches in each conference. My 2 favorite conferences have multiple elite coaches in them, but its difficult to be elite when there are 12 coaches in California with no other way to get out-of-state kids.

I have a lot more gripes about the game, but my opinions do not matter regardless.

I am not fond of what the update is going to do to the game. I do like the beta better than I expected, but it does not change the fact that D-3 will no longer be as competitive and with the parity in D-1 peoples ultimate goals will be worthless.
QB : I think prestige will work as it does now. So it won't ruin D1. It will just give mid-majors and other D1 teams a better chance at getting a gem or someone who wants to play for a specific team. I don't expect to able to grab a top recruit from a A+ team while I am at C+... If it does happen, Seble has lost his mind. There will also be caps, so a D2 team, for example, won't be able to grab a 560 overall rated player from D1... even if it's A+, just like it is right now. I am not worried about recruiting.

There are legitimate concerns about DIII and we have to see how it will develop though. Scouting seem to be really hard. In D1, we have no trouble scouting whatsoever.
6/6/2016 1:42 PM
Where has it been said there is caps? It seems everyone is recruitable (just not likely for some situations) unless seble has clearly stated there is a certain point where you can't get players
6/6/2016 1:56 PM
zorzi: I am all for the mid majors getting a Gem. That, as many other complaints shouted to an echo from seble could have been accomplished easily in the current system. Make close to home count heavily, make promised starts and or minutes count heavily, make accumulated GPA over a 3 year period count *for actual scholar athletes, and I am sure many other ideas.
I don't know, nor any one know, how this new system will work to solve the problems. I do believe the old system had the ability to correct many of the complaints much simpler but no one cared to fix them.
6/6/2016 2:03 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/6/2016 2:03:00 PM (view original):
zorzi: I am all for the mid majors getting a Gem. That, as many other complaints shouted to an echo from seble could have been accomplished easily in the current system. Make close to home count heavily, make promised starts and or minutes count heavily, make accumulated GPA over a 3 year period count *for actual scholar athletes, and I am sure many other ideas.
I don't know, nor any one know, how this new system will work to solve the problems. I do believe the old system had the ability to correct many of the complaints much simpler but no one cared to fix them.
Taniajane : you are right about that. But it seems their business model made them go another direction. But that does not mean it won't solve problems. It could very well be designed to solve problems while making the game more attractive. Will see. Can't wait to start recruiting.
6/6/2016 2:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...16 Next ▸
The Beta -- a blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.