For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 6/15/2016 12:10:00 AM (view original):
yeh if we just blindly followed seble and kept our mouths shut just think how bad this update would be, jesus christ the horror.

and anyways seble just dodges any actual questions of substance calling them haters and just listens to the 4 people following him around like a god and those out working to make the update benefit them by getting rid of their competition

I don't think seble has adressed:
-why jobs wasn't fixed besides just saying it wasn't a plan
-why recruit generation isn't being touched besides "it wasn't in the plans"
-why recruit rankings at least won't be fixed
-has avoided the impact of EE's except for I believe the punishment of walkons being reversed after extensive posting on that issue
-avoided rebuild time except for the crap response to my question in the dev chat forever ago
-avoided saying how this actually helps D1 and does not change D2/D3
-avoided why superconferences should be eliminated besides saying there should be other reasons to be in a super conference and hoped conference prestige factor would be enough of a bone
-avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description
-avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige
-avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative
-avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams(emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides "no need to appease those leaving because they are haters"
-avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN and comcast where he apparently was preaching a new business model where monopolistic companies got rid of the lube and just went in dry instead

seble confirmed hillary clinton

*if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart

he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets
I think this is a helpful post as far as understanding the concerns of many owners.
It looks like there are 12 grievances, but to me, who started HD in September 2013, i really couldn't care less about most or all of the 12 items, certainly without any sort if strong passion:

1. "jobs fixed"... i think getting to Div-1 is too long a slog, but to me i just wanted to know what was required and i was happy... originally someone posted to me that 1 NT in Div-2 qualified me for Div-1, but it ended up i needed 3 NT's. Once i learned to correct requirements then i was fine. Job firings, i guess i never understood the strong passion behind wanting owners canned. Since i joined in HD, there have always been Big Six openings available. Ok, sometimes you have to wait a couple more years for a certain Sim team's prestige to tank... but so what, and i don't care cuz I've always enjoyed rebuilds better than stepping into a plum situation.

2. "recruit generation"... as exciting a topic as Gerald Ford's "Whip Inflation Now" campaign... zzzzzzz... some veterans told me I'm supposed to get excited about this, though i like more good players in the pool so that i can find some hidden gems.

3. "recruit rankings"... another snoozer issue about a semi cosmetic change... zzzzz... actually poor recruit rankings helps low Div-1 teams because many can't recruit Top 25 guys per position... bad rankings allow talent to slip thru cracks... see Whiz Kid Kris Mireles on Crum Holy Cross season 79.

4. "Early Entry" fixes... i've been playing for 3 earth years, and EE nhas never affected me except that each year UConn and Boston College are guaranteed to have 4 or 5 openings which screws me here in New England. For anyone who is affected negatively by the EE problem, well as Solozzo said to Don Corleone, "tu salute!"

5. "Avoided rebuilt time"... i agree if you're saying that Seble should have checked in more frequently on a regular basis and made little changes to let us know he cared.

6. "Didn't answer how it helps Div-1 and keeps Div-2/3 the same"... i think the Div-1 part has been explained a lot... all divisions will now avoid having recruiting simply be backing up the biggest dumptruck full of cash and depositing it on the roof of a recruit's house.

to be continued...

I will say the posts by Rednu and mullyc and others that explained their concerns in depth are helpful, as is this one by theonly.
6/15/2016 8:24 AM (edited)
7. "avoided why superconferences should be eliminated"... superconferences are a problem because there is little incentive for conference mates to battle each other for recruits, because the postseason bonus money can be such a great cash cow. Though there aren't any secret pacts between conference mates, there is an unwritten rule about how unwise it is to fight your conference comrades, and each season there is usually a Coaches Corner where someone is questioned on this. I'm in 1 superconference, coincidentally with Theonly, and after 2 years I'm not sure I remember any head to head recruiting battles between our conference mates... nothing wrong with that, and I'm part of it, but that's the glaring problem of having superconferences.

8. "avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description"... I think the 2 signing periods are a good thing based on this past Beta season, and can be improved further with two additional items... by (1) including a recruit's preference to sign across 3 or 4 possible gradations, like ASAP, or very late, or somewhere in between... and (2) adding additional recruits to the player pool for the 2nd signing period, to create some strategies regarding late-bloomers... sign a solid guy early, or wait for a potential stud... would allow low Div-1 schools an improved chance to get solid recruits.

9. "avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige"... I like the idea of recalibrating baseline prestige (Illinois and Clemson shouldn't be so high by 2016 performance)... not sure what you mean about the weighting of it, but it's based on the past 4 years, and that could be adjusted I guess.

10. "avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative"... I think he's talking to many people on both sides, but how do you talk to a raving lunatic who threatens "do what I want or I shoot your dog"...? Or who threatens to quit HD altogether if any changes are made outside of fixing job firings and Early Entry stuff?

11. "avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams (emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides 'no need to appease those leaving because they are haters'..." you have 12 main concerns (listed here) that many owners don't really give a snot about, and demand that action be taken on these items... you did the hashtag thing and have been completely out of control, throwing yourself on the gears of the mechanism, destroying the village in order to save it, all that good stuff... I guess owning the most teams gives you a bigger microphone, whether it's you, emy, angmar, etc...

12. "avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN..."... sorry, I don't understand the joke...

13. "seble confirmed Hillary Clinton"... sorry, don't understand the joke...

14. "if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart"... many of your items no one really cares about... I think he's addressed many of them anyway, like definitely superconferences and 2 recruiting periods.

15. "he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets"... he is focusing on those things a lot, I agree.
6/15/2016 10:09 AM (edited)
Posted by npb7768 on 6/15/2016 10:09:00 AM (view original):
7. "avoided why superconferences should be eliminated"... superconferences are a problem because there is little incentive for conference mates to battle each other for recruits, because the postseason bonus money can be such a great cash cow. Though there aren't any secret pacts between conference mates, there is an unwritten rule about how unwise it is to fight your conference comrades, and each season there is usually a Coaches Corner where someone is questioned on this. I'm in 1 superconference, coincidentally with Theonly, and after 2 years I'm not sure I remember any head to head recruiting battles between our conference mates... nothing wrong with that, and I'm part of it, but that's the glaring problem of having superconferences.

8. "avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description"... I think the 2 signing periods are a good thing based on this past Beta season, and can be improved further with two additional items... by (1) including a recruit's preference to sign across 3 or 4 possible gradations, like ASAP, or very late, or somewhere in between... and (2) adding additional recruits to the player pool for the 2nd signing period, to create some strategies regarding late-bloomers... sign a solid guy early, or wait for a potential stud... would allow low Div-1 schools an improved chance to get solid recruits.

9. "avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige"... I like the idea of recalibrating baseline prestige (Illinois and Clemson shouldn't be so high by 2016 performance)... not sure what you mean about the weighting of it, but it's based on the past 4 years, and that could be adjusted I guess.

10. "avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative"... I think he's talking to many people on both sides, but how do you talk to a raving lunatic who threatens "do what I want or I shoot your dog"...? Or who threatens to quit HD altogether if any changes are made outside of fixing job firings and Early Entry stuff?

11. "avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams (emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides 'no need to appease those leaving because they are haters'..." you have 12 main concerns (listed here) that many owners don't really give a snot about, and demand that action be taken on these items... you did the hashtag thing and have been completely out of control, throwing yourself on the gears of the mechanism, destroying the village in order to save it, all that good stuff... I guess owning the most teams gives you a bigger microphone, whether it's you, emy, angmar, etc...

12. "avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN..."... sorry, I don't understand the joke...

14. "if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart"... many of your items no one really cares about... I think he's addressed many of them anyway, like definitely superconferences and 2 recruiting periods.

15. "he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets"... he is focusing on those things a lot, I agree.

You totally hit the nail on the coffin with theonlyis
6/15/2016 10:19 AM
Things I've wanted to see adjusted that haven't happened, but which I'm not flipping out about:

1. Re-alignment of conferences... I drew up a perfect one last year. You're welcome.
2. Creating high school pipelines... sign a recruit from Westerly High School in Rhode Island, and get bonus points towards future Westerly High kids.
3. Renaming "St. Louis" as "Saint Louis". Renaming "Detroit" as "Detroit Mercy". Renaming Div-3 "Rhode Island" and Div-3 "Connecticut" as "Rhode Island College" and "Connecticut College".
4. Adding a holiday tourney feature, where you could qualify for the Maui Classic, Great Alaska Shootout, etc, and get a prestige boost of some kind. Or adding a "neutral site" feature in non-conference.
6/15/2016 10:23 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/15/2016 10:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 6/15/2016 10:09:00 AM (view original):

You totally hit the nail on the coffin with theonlyis
I'm non-aligned with any owner or any group of owners... I want to stay independent here... I'm not in anyone's corner and I'm not outside anyone's corner, and I have no problem with theonly though we had a disagreement in the past that I've forgotten what the topic was... trying not to take sides, just giving my opinion... just that after a couple of weeks with Beta I happen to think it's kinda cool and has good potential...
6/15/2016 10:26 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 6/14/2016 8:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 6/14/2016 5:19:00 PM (view original):
you have Zero clue on how this game will be...yet claim others that have been customers longer are clueless. The #17 Div 1 PF recruit in the country signed with a div 3 with a simple scholarship and a VERY few letter-call AP now. That is insane in real life or Sim Life.

Seble may and probably will fix some of these problems...but He and WIS Ignored problems for years and suddenly this is a fix instead of working on a system that worked with a few problems

I have ZERO faith the new system and problems will be FIXED.......WIS has shown that indifference for years and I see no change nor do I see the previous problems solved other than glossed over with color and more problems created
Since the top 100 recruits are public knowledge to everybody, I must ask! If it is a fact that the #17 recruit went to a D3 school with minimal effort and no attention points then HE MUST BE AWFUL!!!

If he was so great, why, TELL ME WHY no D1 Coach recruited him. You are not going to tell me that ANY OF YOU put 400 attention points and 7 HV and a CV and he still went to a "friggen" D3 School who only put forth a minimal effort.

Instead of whining and being part of the problem, and you can honestly tell me you put all that effort in to recruit the #17 kid in the nation, then that my friends is a serious BUG that needs to be reported, and not sit on your rump and complain! I can only read the same complaints so often, and I will tell you all the same thing my favorite supervisor once told me.

Complaining without stating proof and reporting facts is only "belly aching". And "Belly Aching" only will defeat you and not the problems!
I have a better Small Forward that was unranked overall and is going to score 20+ pts easily.

http://test.whatifsports.net/whatifsports/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=51532

wvufan is soooo right!
6/15/2016 10:38 AM (edited)
Well said, npb!!! Some of these "WHINERS" remind me of half cocked lawyers, who just like to argue, to hear the sound of their voices. But, real substance is lacking.
6/15/2016 10:47 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/15/2016 3:28:00 AM (view original):

only, hes already made a half dozen changes (plus probably two dozen bug fixes) and hes got a list of about 10 more changes he wants to get done in the next round, with more to come. how can you say he's not listening to anyone with sense? he's not listening to you, but if he was, he'd be proving your point.

seble has been acting on feedback from guys like OR and chapel, and many other reasonable HD coaches. you are so blinded by your bias its incredible.
ah I see he's changed budgets, negated the walkon penalty, and added the ability to see signing tendency(instead of fixing the signing logic)

congrats I think thats what the majority of negative coaches were totally complaining about....
6/15/2016 11:38 AM
1. "jobs fixed"... i think getting to Div-1 is too long a slog, but to me i just wanted to know what was required and i was happy... originally someone posted to me that 1 NT in Div-2 qualified me for Div-1, but it ended up i needed 3 NT's. Once i learned to correct requirements then i was fine. Job firings, i guess i never understood the strong passion behind wanting owners canned. Since i joined in HD, there have always been Big Six openings available. Ok, sometimes you have to wait a couple more years for a certain Sim team's prestige to tank... but so what, and i don't care cuz I've always enjoyed rebuilds better than stepping into a plum situation. wow then you don't care about the problem that is either #1 or #2 to most people glad that doesn't bother you so I guess it doesn't need fixing. It's a joke when teams like this, this. this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this are still not firing their coaches for performances that should get you fired in under 6 seasons and in 1-2 seasons in real life, Indiana accepting an 0-27 season after already so many seasons of shittyness is a pure money grab by not firing coaches who are paying full seasons for their jobs. While having coaches who make the NT 3-4 times in 4/5 seasons not qualified for any big 6 job except for the wonderfully sim built C- shitholes.

2. "recruit generation"... as exciting a topic as Gerald Ford's "Whip Inflation Now" campaign... zzzzzzz... some veterans told me I'm supposed to get excited about this, though i like more good players in the pool so that i can find some hidden gems. again this is #1 or #2, recruit generation is about as realistic as a Sanders presidency. Teams are nothing but 90+ ath/def and eliteones are 95+ ath/def. Instead of creating even more super humans it needs be cut down to where there is maybe 5 recruits like this and make them valuable, I think 2k series does a great job of rating players and not just making everyone a monstar from space jam.

3. "recruit rankings"... another snoozer issue about a semi cosmetic change... zzzzz... actually poor recruit rankings helps low Div-1 teams because many can't recruit Top 25 guys per position... bad rankings allow talent to slip thru cracks... see Whiz Kid Kris Mireles on Crum Holy Cross season 79. you clearly show no sense of understanding this game with your responses to the past 3 topics as these are 3 of the biggest problems, recruit rankings are terrible and bring us wonderful rankings of guys with sub 20 ath/def being in the top 50, worst I saw was a #50 PF with 1 ath. I'm fine with a not perfect ranking system, but guys that are not even D3 players being ranked is terrible, I believe GPA is still used in determining player rankings which is about as helpful as durability being used in the physical category.

4. "Early Entry" fixes... i've been playing for 3 earth years, and EE nhas never affected me except that each year UConn and Boston College are guaranteed to have 4 or 5 openings which screws me here in New England. For anyone who is affected negatively by the EE problem, well as Solozzo said to Don Corleone, "tu salute!" oh another it hasn't affected me so its not a problem seriously come up with something better. this was in response to the problems that has always been brought up from the beginning of the update in the dev chats about how schools are being punished for having a lot of EE's and seble continuously avoids this question except for saying the 2nd recruiting period will allow them to get players avoiding anything on why they should be punished and miss out on the first recruiting period etc. dac had a good thread again seble ignored and let dac talk to clowns like shoe who don't have any experience with EE's like dac and think dynasties should be banned from D1

5. "Avoided rebuilt time"... i agree if you're saying that Seble should have checked in more frequently on a regular basis and made little changes to let us know he cared. no this is on the topic of how rebuilds are now pretty much an extra season as you don't get to the first recruiting period if you move jobs so you lose out on a lot of recruits similar to EE's and seble has ignored me in the dev chats and forums before I went crazy and ignored forums posts in the beta like this

6. "Didn't answer how it helps Div-1 and keeps Div-2/3 the same"... i think the Div-1 part has been explained a lot... all divisions will now avoid having recruiting simply be backing up the biggest dumptruck full of cash and depositing it on the roof of a recruit's house. ah yes it just turned into who can drop the most at 7:55 and snipe, or get lucky since its a complete joke with "random" signings because there isn't enough luck already in this game. please explain to me where seble has explained how it helps D1, besides non major schools can get lucky in recruiting and we will **** teams over with EE to appease ****** D1 coaches.

7. "avoided why superconferences should be eliminated"... superconferences are a problem because there is little incentive for conference mates to battle each other for recruits, because the postseason bonus money can be such a great cash cow. Though there aren't any secret pacts between conference mates, there is an unwritten rule about how unwise it is to fight your conference comrades, and each season there is usually a Coaches Corner where someone is questioned on this. I'm in 1 superconference, coincidentally with Theonly, and after 2 years I'm not sure I remember any head to head recruiting battles between our conference mates... nothing wrong with that, and I'm part of it, but that's the glaring problem of having superconferences. lol i must be doing superconferences wrong then because I **** over my conference mates without hesitation unless I talk to them regularly. You must've missed me bowing or taking recruits against guys like scoop, lunardi, and others in our tightly packed bubble, ignored questions about it saying "there has to be other reasons for being in a superconference" and ignored how at D3 most conferences are so tightly packed without the extra budgets you just end up running into each other and making conference mates worse and worse and then leads to the idea that it's better ot be in an empty conference and location because you might have a slightly weaker rpi/sos you are not going to be competing with other schools are super confernce teams no longer have the ability to recruit at a distance over other schools to keep the talent level high in power conferences.

8. "avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description"... I think the 2 signing periods are a good thing based on this past Beta season, and can be improved further with two additional items... by (1) including a recruit's preference to sign across 3 or 4 possible gradations, like ASAP, or very late, or somewhere in between... and (2) adding additional recruits to the player pool for the 2nd signing period, to create some strategies regarding late-bloomers... sign a solid guy early, or wait for a potential stud... would allow low Div-1 schools an improved chance to get solid recruits. I've been against this from the beginning, tarvolon even admitted it was a bad idea which I give him props for finally realizing the idea was ******.

9. "avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige"... I like the idea of recalibrating baseline prestige (Illinois and Clemson shouldn't be so high by 2016 performance)... not sure what you mean about the weighting of it, but it's based on the past 4 years, and that could be adjusted I guess. no right now prestige is calculated 50% current prestige and 50% baseline prestige so if for example UNC was 100 baseline and 75 current they are 88 actual prestige and a team with 50 baseline and 75 current are 63 actual but with a calculation where it's weighted 75-32 current/baseline it allows baseline to still be a slight advantage but gives enough weight to current prestige so that most schools can be built up strongly so 100 baseline and 75 current UNC in now 81 actual and 50 baseline school at 75 current is now 69 prestige, making top schools that perform poorly not able to hang around B prestige and capping most non majors at B prestige. Also having the PI hurt Big 6 schools gravitating towards a C baseline and a NT 1st round gravitating towards B baseline instead of PI bringing schools to B and NT bids to A at Big 6 jobs.

10. "avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative"... I think he's talking to many people on both sides, but how do you talk to a raving lunatic who threatens "do what I want or I shoot your dog"...? Or who threatens to quit HD altogether if any changes are made outside of fixing job firings and Early Entry stuff? I see him ignoring dac, mully, therewas, tania, maxmet, and many other coaches and before I went crazy ignored me and than made a pathetic 2 sentence response to my sitemail ticket. I guess OR is really the only person. He basically said he is ignoring those that are "negative" instead of tryingrealize he forgot about the major complaints people have had for the past few years.

11. "avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams (emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides 'no need to appease those leaving because they are haters'..." you have 12 main concerns (listed here) that many owners don't really give a snot about, and demand that action be taken on these items... you did the hashtag thing and have been completely out of control, throwing yourself on the gears of the mechanism, destroying the village in order to save it, all that good stuff... I guess owning the most teams gives you a bigger microphone, whether it's you, emy, angmar, etc... lol your a ******* retard, I won't even bother bringing up countless threads where we literally repeat the same problems over and over and over all which were ignored and you thinking they aren't problems means they aren't problems either. I was against this from the beginning and continously brought things up and was ignored before realized sebles and ******* joke and went off

12. "avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN..."... sorry, I don't understand the joke... your stupid

13. "seble confirmed Hillary Clinton"... sorry, don't understand the joke... your stupid

14. "if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart"... many of your items no one really cares about... I think he's addressed many of them anyway, like definitely superconferences and 2 recruiting periods. are you ******* serious many of my causes no one cares about are you literally ******* blind. everything you said is negated by that you have no ******* clue what is going on just like everyone else who supports seble and give me a link to a good response about superconferences and 2 recruiting periodsbesides oh there is other reasons to be in a power conference and a good reponse to how EE's and rebuilds are not ******* over by 2 recruiting periods/

6/15/2016 12:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/15/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):
the ******* fact you said half the things I brought up are only complaints of mine show what a ******* fraud you are literally recruit generation, jobs, recruit rankings, and prestige calculation has been what the forums have been begging seble for with that opinion you literally become lower than cubcub and coachdud on the idiots supporting seble because its a ******* job you think those things are problems. and of course we get another ****** coach with 20 seasons who didn't read any of your non substantial responses supporting you and cubcub with another completely irrelevant post about who knows what the **** blindly sucking sebles dick

and your ****** realignment is pointless i should thank you for wasting your time for something that will not be changed and really doesnt have a big impact on the game outside utah for hawaii and maryland->notre dame its never going to happen it wouldnt do anything really
My favorite thing about your rant is that you wrote it initially at 12:30pm, then decided it needed editing at 1:15pm, but you still kept in the crackpot stuff... I love it, freakin perfect...
6/15/2016 1:21 PM
its always funny anytime someone supporting the beta realizes they can't put out a good response they resort to laughing because they no longer have anything to say. you wont respond to what i wrote because you cant argue with it because its right and you forgot what the forums have been clamoring for for years just like seble
6/15/2016 1:34 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/15/2016 3:28:00 AM (view original):

only, hes already made a half dozen changes (plus probably two dozen bug fixes) and hes got a list of about 10 more changes he wants to get done in the next round, with more to come. how can you say he's not listening to anyone with sense? he's not listening to you, but if he was, he'd be proving your point.

seble has been acting on feedback from guys like OR and chapel, and many other reasonable HD coaches. you are so blinded by your bias its incredible.
Thank you, gillispie1. A couple of those guys are having their kicks trolling me and making up names that would make a fifth grader proud, such as Coach Dud. Ignore them. I do. That's what I mean by background noise, they aren't really part of any conversation about beta.
6/15/2016 1:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Recruiting is not working nor is scouting... Seble is making changes, will see.
6/15/2016 2:02 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...10 Next ▸
For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.