Posted by mullycj on 7/8/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
...and WHEN you thought it couldn't get any better.........

"And there they will sit until the start of the second period or even until the start of the last day, stuck at Seble's arbitrary and capricious red light, watching the schools in D1, with their recruiting money advantage, take whomever they wish. The D2/D3 school cannot even respond, just can just watch with their hands tied while the legitimate recruiting effort they put into a recruit goes out the window. No D3 budget can withstand that even once. It will only take getting stuck at that red light once or twice before a D2/D3 coach realizes what it means to him that the game is now openly rigged. Not just massive prestige advantage, massive scouting and recruiting money advantages, not just that 10 D1 AP's counts for more than 10 D3 AP's -- those were behind the curtain. Now it is out in the open. Welcome to the back of the bus, new D3 coaches. As the D1 coaches are so fond of saying, "Sit down and shut up.""

Wow....imaging that....DIII teams are not being allowed the same chance to get DI players as DI teams. Such bigotry!
Come on Mully, you know in real life D3 is right on par with DI. Brandon Ingram was really struggling between Duke and NC Wesleyan. Think of all those recruits who say "I'm sorry Coach Calipari, Kentucky is a great program, but you're recruiting 4 players, including me. Philadelphia Biblical has only been calling me, I can't turn down that kind of devotion."
7/8/2016 11:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Here's the latest from the Spudster-
"What is bad for the game is when new coaches are told to go sit in the back of the bus, WIS doesn't want your money. The game is now openly rigged -- a D2/D3 team must sit at Seble's arbitrary and capricious red light, unable to do anything until the second period or even the last day, impotent, not allowed to make further recruiting efforts on the player. Telling a JUCO coach or a sim coach that WIS doesn't want their money doesn't have that same effect, does it?"

So I responded with-
"Spud, the adults are talking. Go in your room and play with your power rangers."

Then Seble asked we keep things civil-
"Let's keep it respectful. Everyone has a right to an opinion."

Seriously, Seble should just ban Spud from the beta. He's offering nothing at all. In fact, he's contributing less than nothing. He's causing conversations to just be completely derailed. More time is spent arguing with Spud and explaining very basic things than actually working through solutions. It's ridiculous.
7/8/2016 12:42 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/8/2016 12:19:00 PM (view original):
why should D3 be able to recruit on par with D1, I've never actually heard his argument for that besides calling everyone background noise who disagrees with him.

I wouldn't have believed it but I almost hate someone here more than seble in spud

I swear seble made this account to deflect anger away from his true posts, let spud take it all in
I know he posts mostly in the beta, but this is a point that I'd really like to hear him address. I, and many others I assume, would really like to know why he thinks that D3 and D1 should be on even ground as far as recruiting goes. Why should a tiny D3 team have the same recruiting "power" as Duke? That's not "background noise" that's a legitimate question.

So there it is Spud, set up specifically for you. In case you're easily confused or missed it the first time, why do you think that ALL schools (D1, D2, and D3) should be on equal footing when it comes to recruiting a player? Why should my D2 Henderson State team have the same recruiting "pull" as SEC Arkansas? Why should Rose-Hulman (a D3 team in Terre Haute, IN) be on equal footing as BIG 10 Indiana University? I am truly interested in your thinking on this issue?

But, of course, I'm sure that you'll just use your "background noise" excuse to avoid the question altogether. Don't take the coward way out Spud, let us know why YOU believe that every school should be on equal footing in regards to recruiting?
7/8/2016 2:40 PM
Honestly Emy, I wouldn't even bother. He won't even offer up a reason why. It's been asked over and over again. He just goes back to "D1 has all the power. It's going to ruin D3" blah blah blah. He literally can't comprehend that D1 and D3 are separate games. Even though it's been explained over and over and over.

Also, the dude doesn't even play D3 but he's claiming all the D1 coaches are trying to kill it.
7/8/2016 3:06 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/8/2016 12:42:00 PM (view original):
"What is bad for the game is when new coaches are told to go sit in the back of the bus, WIS doesn't want your money. The game is now openly rigged -- a D2/D3 team must sit at Seble's arbitrary and capricious red light, unable to do anything until the second period or even the last day, impotent, not allowed to make further recruiting efforts on the player. Telling a JUCO coach or a sim coach that WIS doesn't want their money doesn't have that same effect, does it?"

So I responded with-
"Spud, the adults are talking. Go in your room and play with your power rangers."

Seriously, Seble should just ban Spud from the beta. He's offering nothing at all. In fact, he's contributing less than nothing. He's causing conversations to just be completely derailed. More time is spent arguing with Spud and explaining very basic things than actually working through solutions. It's ridiculous.
Spud is entitled to his opinions, but I have to agree his stubbornness and fundamental lack of understanding of college basketball is extremely counterproductive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for zombie attacks and full frontal nudity in the next beta cycle.
7/8/2016 3:30 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/8/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):

So I responded with-

Spud is entitled to his opinions, but I have to agree his stubbornness and fundamental lack of understanding of college basketball is extremely counterproductive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for zombie attacks and full frontal nudity in the next beta cycle.
I wouldn't ask for full frontal nudity, I doubt the WIS user base bears any resemblance to Scarlett Johansson.
7/8/2016 3:33 PM
Posted by acn24 on 7/8/2016 3:33:00 PM (view original):

So I responded with-

I wouldn't ask for full frontal nudity, I doubt the WIS user base bears any resemblance to Scarlett Johansson.
I am D3 in attractiveness, Scarlett is D1... in Spudball we are equals and should both have a chance at recruiting you. I can win if I put in enough effort!
7/8/2016 3:51 PM (edited)

So I responded with-

Sure everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm all for free speech and whatnot. But if you have no idea what you're talking about, it's not useful. Should I share my opinion about immigration policies of China? Well considering I know nothing about it, maybe not.

Or for a more relevant example- I have no idea about D1 and EE's because I've never played D1. So should I be offering my opinions on what should be done and how it should be done? Or when someone offers a counter opinion explaining why I'm wrong, I just tell them they're background noise? Is that helpful to solving the problem or developing a solution? We then spend the next 20 posts telling me to shut up instead of addressing the real issue.

But to his credit, Seble appears to be ignoring Spud (thank god).
7/8/2016 4:00 PM
acn24 on 7/8/2016 11:11:00 AM:
Come on Mully, you know in real life D3 is right on par with DI. Brandon Ingram was really struggling between Duke and NC Wesleyan. Think of all those recruits who say "I'm sorry Coach Calipari, Kentucky is a great program, but you're recruiting 4 players, including me. Philadelphia Biblical has only been calling me, I can't turn down that kind of devotion."
-----------------------------------
don't forget in the beta that player preferences can actually list a recruit wanting to play for a bad team over a successful team
7/12/2016 12:19 PM
oh seble has a great idea, lets give you this cash and then not let you use it on anything because we are going to cap campus and home visits.

Now it just comes down to luck(who matches better with preferences) and who has the most attention points(hello 6-0-6 structures!)

sounds even better than before
7/13/2016 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.