The NuHD Update Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 8/7/2016 9:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/7/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):
The beta has flaws and I'm hoping they can fix some of these potential killer issues but overall.... its not s h i t. Some of it is really cool and fun. Also some of the new features I REALLY like. Its still evolving so hopefully it will continue to improve.

I think its going to be fine in the long run if they can attract some new coaches. But... that is another topic on how they will do that.
We have no idea if the beta system is going to allow for acceptable competitive balance yet. We won't know until about 6 seasons have run and this "anyone can recruit anyone" system plays out on a recruiting platform that WIS hasn't massively changed from season to season.
Yup that's my biggest concern. Spudball.

But that is something that can easily be changed my opinion. You can add caps if its messed up. But the overall system with AP and stuff can be worked out.

Scouting can still use some work. Delete level 1!!
8/7/2016 10:32 PM
The most interesting thing to see in my opinion will be how many beta bashers eventually swallow their pride and return to HD. By the time the update actually rolls out, new HD will look a lot like the old. I expect a lot of guys will get the itch to come back and at least give it a try once some kinks are worked.
8/8/2016 8:11 AM
"... new HD will look a lot like the old..."
8/8/2016 8:13 AM
Posted by trail on 8/8/2016 8:11:00 AM (view original):
The most interesting thing to see in my opinion will be how many beta bashers eventually swallow their pride and return to HD. By the time the update actually rolls out, new HD will look a lot like the old. I expect a lot of guys will get the itch to come back and at least give it a try once some kinks are worked.
I'm looking forward to returning to HD and trying the new game once all the Spudball stuff is fixed. The timetable for that is up to WIS.

I'm not sure how anyone's pride factors in. If the game looks fun, people will play. I wouldn't be reluctant to return just because I expressed concerns during beta.
8/8/2016 12:11 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/8/2016 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by trail on 8/8/2016 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I'm looking forward to returning to HD and trying the new game once all the Spudball stuff is fixed. The timetable for that is up to WIS.

I'm not sure how anyone's pride factors in. If the game looks fun, people will play. I wouldn't be reluctant to return just because I expressed concerns during beta.
So many things said there, so little words to reply. Some will like it, mostly at the expense of 8/10ths their paid for teams...some won't, at the expense of 10/10ths their teams. And those of you thinking 'spudball' is getting fixed, let along those who can't believe it's actually a real f^cking thing, live in some never neverland just like micheal jackson. His [spud, cubs, shoes, etc] voice is sadly, unfortunately the future of the game...
8/8/2016 12:46 PM (edited)
new HD will be a lot like the old is not a strong endorsement

for me, based on discussion and looking on line at a buddy's participation in the beta, it seems crystal clear that the new game will take a good bit more time for scouting. I'm definitely reducing my teams. I may or may not keep a team in the new game at all.
8/8/2016 2:28 PM
Posted by mullycj on 8/7/2016 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hitman1979 on 8/7/2016 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Can't wait to pay to further beta test for them.
He means they usually roll out unfinished products and then the paying customers end up "testing" it for a few seasons until the major bugs are fixed.
Fair enough.
8/8/2016 5:37 PM
For anyone who isn't tracking the beta forum, seble just posted that an announcement on rollout schedule should be posted either later today or tomorrow.
8/9/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/9/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
For anyone who isn't tracking the beta forum, seble just posted that an announcement on rollout schedule should be posted either later today or tomorrow.
I hope you forward it to here.....I stopped looking at the Beta forum when gave up playing the Beta....I just wish to know how much time in the good game is left
8/9/2016 1:22 PM
Posted by taniajane on 8/9/2016 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/9/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
I hope you forward it to here.....I stopped looking at the Beta forum when gave up playing the Beta....I just wish to know how much time in the good game is left
My guess is they'll post it here since rollout affects the production environment, not the test environment.
8/9/2016 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 12
The NuHD Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.