seble within ten words of indispensible....wow
9/8/2016 10:19 PM
I would think increasing revenue would be a more solid strategy than having an indispensable skill set for an undesirable product.
9/8/2016 10:20 PM
well, i can't quote taniajane's post, for some reason. so, just pretend i did! tania posted that seble might be destroying the game intentionally for job security.

the job security aspect isn't inherently a ridiculous suggestion, there are definitely people like that. however, i am 99.9% positive seble is not intentionally destroying the game. that 0.1% is the odds he'd pull something to get back at fox for what they did to WIS - not for his own benefit. that's just not the kind of guy he is.

seble is a well intentioned guy, that has never been the problem. there are plenty of things you could say about seble, about his limitations or lack of experience, and i might couch those things differently, but fundamentally, i wouldn't say you were wrong. however, when it comes to him as a person, saying he has bad intentions or doesn't care about the users, i think that is dead wrong. seble and i deeply disagree about many things, but over the years, i have gained respect for his genuine concern for the game and the community. he really has tried to work with the community, to get their feedback and to incorporate that into his vision. that doesn't mean hes the guy to serve as visionary or any of that, and i can certainly see why people wonder why he does the things he does, and think it could be maliciousness or apathy. but over the years, i've gotten to interact with seble significantly more than most, and although many of those interactions caused me great frustration, i am extremely confident it is not maliciousness or apathy. its a combination of limited resources, limited abilities, and limited experience with this game. seble struggles to empathize with a good range of situations the users are in. is it because like many programmers (including myself), his interpersonal skills aren't the best? is it because he never has experienced this game in a competitive way, like most users do at least at some point? who knows.

anyway, i don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is no way seble is making the changes he is making for job security. even if you give him 0 credit as a person, his actions make no sense, if that was his goal. instead, he would be making numerous undocumented changes, reducing visibility (i.e. not creating the projection report and draft board), and adding complicated logical elements to the game. the amount of communication he's done about his changes basically singularly disproves the notion that he is going for job security. also, so does the fact that his first major act was to rewrite the thing in .NET ;) for non-technical folks, that would be like taking someone's memoirs written in their eclectic brand of cursive, and to make sure they stayed secret, rewriting them in clear print.
9/8/2016 10:30 PM
i can't quote any messages! is it because i just dropped my team on this ID and have none maybe? any of you guys have the same issue? trying to reply to benis... page 9... did i put that horrible their/there stuff in there intentionally?

yes, of course! and then some. the intent was to make emy's head explode (see his post like 5 above mine). i haven't seen him post in a few days, maybe i succeeded?
9/8/2016 10:35 PM
I couldn't quote the post either. Wondered if I'd lost my posting rights!
9/8/2016 10:50 PM
Quoting posts isn't working. All you get is an error message about non-standard characters. I think we have plenty of non-standard characters around here already .
9/9/2016 12:27 AM
I was having the same issue yesterday on a different thread. Once I took out the hyperlink, it went through. But yeah, same error.
9/9/2016 7:53 AM
Seble is not destroying the game! You guys are truly getting pessimistic. He needs to figure out what to do with Ees. There adjustments still needed in scouting cause it's damn tough at d3 and d2. And if there is too much luck involved in recruiting, he will tweak it down as he has been doing in beta. It could mean raising the value of prestige in d1, getting ap to unlock features faster as time passes by during recruiting and lessen value of preferences. But I think overall, once we get right where it needs to be, the game will be improved.
9/9/2016 8:14 AM
No...I can't quote as well and opened up a ticket. Unless we are all banned from quoting, there is a bug.
9/9/2016 8:48 AM
zorzii, I understand that no game is released in a flawless state but the issues you are bringing up should have been corrected in the beta environment prior to it going live.
9/9/2016 8:54 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You keep telling yourself that Zorzii, as you become one of the last human coaches still playing this game.
9/9/2016 10:30 AM
“Seble is not destroying the game! You guys are truly getting pessimistic. He needs to figure out what to do with Ees. There adjustments still needed in scouting cause it's damn tough at d3 and d2. And if there is too much luck involved in recruiting, he will tweak it down as he has been doing in beta. It could mean raising the value of prestige in d1, getting ap to unlock features faster as time passes by during recruiting and lessen value of preferences. But I think overall, once we get right where it needs to be, the game will be improved.”

It's all a matter of perception and opinion. I agree that unquestionably the game isn't "destroyed." It has been my experience in beta that after the first season or two, scouting wasn't tough at all. Recruiting budgets at D2/D3 are awfully tight, but not impossible. Prestige seems too tilted in favor of the upper level schools, but again not impossible. Unlocking features a bit faster in session two than in session one could be considered, as well as possibly a close look at EE's (though I believe EE's will work themselves out as coaches learn not to pile on multiple EE's in a season). Preferences are off to a good start, though the success preferences and long-time coach preference may tilt it overall too much in favor of the top dogs. All in all, I think beta is headed in a good direction and I may add a team when the beta ends, or even before.
9/9/2016 10:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^Seble/WIS apologist (see above)^^^^^^^^^^^^
9/9/2016 10:40 AM
Seble would have done well to listen to the really, really long time coaches like Vandydave. The guy has been around since damn near day one (and maybe actually since day one) and was once the most respected voice in the game. I still remember the survey you did Dave, way back when, in about my second calendar year of playing that was damn near 100 questions long. I remember thinking that only the truly successful coaches got a copy of that survey and that by receiving one that I truly belonged. That I was considered to be one of the better coaches in the game and believe it or not, I was proud to get that damn survey! If only we would have had something similar to that before this nightmare of an update occurred, then maybe Seble could have gotten a better grasp of where the community wanted to go with the game. Not implying that it was your responsibility to do another one, by any means, that should have come from WIS itself. Still, what would it have hurt by asking?
9/9/2016 10:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.