"Because possum he spent the entire BETA ripping long tenured coaches with insulting innuendo. Every other post he made was derogatory to the coaches who contributed greatly to this game."

Very true. He was very annoying in Beta. It really broke down so many threads because he would just stir stuff up for no reason.
9/2/2016 12:49 PM
Posted by Bbeebe17 on 9/2/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
As a new guy, and if anyone cares, i joined WIS for following reasons

ONE--I've always wanted to try a WIS and I chose college basketball for a few different reasons....the biggest reason being I have always enjoyed building a dynasty in different video games.

TWO--I've heard good things about WIS dynasties, had a couple buddies who went deep in a MLB dynasty while in college.

THREE--I am bored. hahaha. But seriously I'm looking forward to giving it a shot despite some of the headaches which some people seem to be having regarding the switch to the upcoming update.

I chose Allen simply because it was the next single-game a day season which was coming up for a new season. I'm hopeful for a great inaugural season in the game. I didn't realize the importance of conference prestige / postseason success and its relationship with recruiting points.....my initial suggestion may be to somehow include both team AND conference openings when first-time users in a world are choosing their teams.

"my initial suggestion may be to somehow include both team AND conference openings when first-time users in a world are choosing their teams."

Not a bad idea to show it explicitly when you choose a team. However, you can see how populated conferences are by sorting by conference. I joined in the same conference with a few friends and in order to choose our conference, we just looked for one that had a bunch of teams available indicating that it was pretty empty.

Also, the importance of conference success has actually DECREASED with the new game. Yes there is now a preference for it, but you used to get bonus money for how good your conference was in the postseason. It was a huge advantage when combined with 100% roll over (I did it once at D3 in Phelan and I was rolling in the dough).
9/2/2016 12:55 PM (edited)
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 11:13:00 AM (view original):
The forum was already a better place before you showed up Spudtard. Try taking 6 months off while you create a 3rd ID and lets see if it gets better.
Hey mully - I don't really care if you disagree with spud or his point of view - there are many people who do, but who do so rationally and with constructive criticism and intent.

So why do you persist in personally attacking the guy with the use of such insulting, bullying and bigoted name calling? The name by which you refer to him is deeply troubling. It's not funny, it's not cute, but it is offensive and speaks more to your character (or lack thereof) than it will ever speak about spud.
Because possum he spent the entire BETA ripping long tenured coaches with insulting innuendo. Every other post he made was derogatory to the coaches who contributed greatly to this game.

If you think I am picking on him for NO reason, then you are sadly mistaken. And you don't know anything about my character, nor I do of yours. So maybe you should shut it right there.
Really? Which long tenured coach did I personally insult or call juvenile names?

Perhaps you didn't like my tone - I get that - but I argued ideas and premises related to the game. Many, if not all, of which you disagreed with. But I said nothing about any specific coach on a personal basis.

There is a difference between debating theories, (questioning opinions, requesting facts and explanations) and using offensive terminology to attack people personally with no constructive purpose other than as an attempt to intimidate.

So again, please refrain from using offensive personal attacks.
9/2/2016 1:02 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 11:13:00 AM (view original):
The forum was already a better place before you showed up Spudtard. Try taking 6 months off while you create a 3rd ID and lets see if it gets better.
Hey mully - I don't really care if you disagree with spud or his point of view - there are many people who do, but who do so rationally and with constructive criticism and intent.

So why do you persist in personally attacking the guy with the use of such insulting, bullying and bigoted name calling? The name by which you refer to him is deeply troubling. It's not funny, it's not cute, but it is offensive and speaks more to your character (or lack thereof) than it will ever speak about spud.
Because possum he spent the entire BETA ripping long tenured coaches with insulting innuendo. Every other post he made was derogatory to the coaches who contributed greatly to this game.

If you think I am picking on him for NO reason, then you are sadly mistaken. And you don't know anything about my character, nor I do of yours. So maybe you should shut it right there.
Really? Which long tenured coach did I personally insult or call juvenile names?

Perhaps you didn't like my tone - I get that - but I argued ideas and premises related to the game. Many, if not all, of which you disagreed with. But I said nothing about any specific coach on a personal basis.

There is a difference between debating theories, (questioning opinions, requesting facts and explanations) and using offensive terminology to attack people personally with no constructive purpose other than as an attempt to intimidate.

So again, please refrain from using offensive personal attacks.
I think you misread Mully's post. He was saying Spud was ripping long tenured coaches, not you.

And I'm not saying I don't get where you're coming from or what you're saying. I get it, take the higher road.
9/2/2016 1:14 PM
Fair enough Benis ... You're right I misread that, my apologies. But its not just taking the higher road. The use of the term he uses is what I object to. There's no real reason for it.
9/2/2016 1:19 PM
i mean, i generally get where you are coming from possum, but the guy clearly has something coming. it may not be the best word choice, but its not like mully is disparaging of the mentally handicapped in general. i don't think he means to imply that spuds behavior is that of someone who is actually retarded, that would be insulting, yes, but i don't think he means that. its just a less than ideal name for a less than ideal individual. seems like you are trying to walk the line - saying, if he called him spud the *******, or whatever, that would be A-ok, but if you cross the PC line, its not? or maybe i misunderstand. if its the principle in general, not crossing the PC line, then make it about the principle in general.
9/2/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Fair enough Benis ... You're right I misread that, my apologies. But its not just taking the higher road. The use of the term he uses is what I object to. There's no real reason for it.
Your statement that I don't always take the high road is absolutely correct. It IS a character flaw of mine.

As far as your posts in BETA. I think I agreed with some and not others. But you clearly put thought into them. I have never had a problem with your posts whether I agreed with your thoughts or not.
9/2/2016 1:44 PM
In fact there was only one person in BETA who I thought contributed nothing and instead derailed several threads. From here on to be referred to as Nameless.
9/2/2016 1:48 PM
Mostly agreed with gil above. I guess my other point would be that if you have a beef with what he says then call him on it by asking him questions and genuinely debate the issue. That can be done without calling him names.

Spud says a lot of things, but not everything he says is off base. Interspersed in his musings are some valid points now and again. He's certainly entitled to make them.

It would just be nice if we could keep things civil.
9/2/2016 1:48 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Mostly agreed with gil above. I guess my other point would be that if you have a beef with what he says then call him on it by asking him questions and genuinely debate the issue. That can be done without calling him names.

Spud says a lot of things, but not everything he says is off base. Interspersed in his musings are some valid points now and again. He's certainly entitled to make them.

It would just be nice if we could keep things civil.
I agree with you possum, most conversations can be handled with asking questions and debating issues respectfully. Unfortunately, that does not work with Spud. At all.

I'm okay with having an opinion. No problem with that. But you can't flat out lie and then say "it's my opinion". Spud has stated many times that D1 coaches were whining and that's why Seble added this "red light" thing (which he called Seble's red light but in fact, it's his own name so it should be Spud's red light). This is false. It's a fact, not an opinion, that many non D1 coaches thought this change was good for D2 and D3. Many D3 coaches shared very valid reasons why it could be bad for D3 if coaches could recruit D1 players. It's a FACT that many of us D3 coaches had this opinion so Seble changed it after the 1st season of Beta.

But Spud still keeps saying over and over again that it was just D1 coaches whining, despite it being PROVEN that he is wrong. No longer an opinion here, he's just lying because he wants to. Other people who weren't in Beta might believe his lie and then where does that get us? No where. How does that help? It doesn't.
9/2/2016 2:08 PM
possum - this was from puds last quote "And, debater, it isn't just the game. 3.0 is just an excuse for loud, petty, self-indulgent departures....."

So he once again insults a group of coaches for NO OTHER reason than to stir the pot and be rude. This is his MO over and over again. Then he acts surprised when someone responds back. Kind of hard to defend him when you have personally seen him do this >20 times in just the last few months.
9/2/2016 2:25 PM (edited)
Yawn......this is my Last season.......or is this wrong thread?
Many people will like the 3.0. BUT please dont blow smoke at me and tell me it is fresh air. It is For ALL intents and purposes a Completely different game not even close to the scale of the change that potential created. It will have faults that No one has a clue about yet since not a single person has Actually done a complete season with it (Beta was always a work in progress every abbreviate season of it). I am not even sure if the major complaint for years has been addresses in Job hiring and firing (maybe a mute problem now that a U of Penn can be as dominant as a Duke or Kentucky). The customers better pray they receive better help from WIS than in the past or they will once again live-pay with a game with faults (Perhaps very major ones this time) and simple neglect from the programmer.

I dont want to scout for weeks even if only for 30 mins a day. I have other more important to me personally ways to spend my time and money,
As I stated, Many will like these changes.

People are not even allowed to say goodbye to fellows who were competitors for years with out the Cult of 3.0 jumping in to its defense. Pathetic.
9/2/2016 2:24 PM
Tanja- again, its not a cult of people. Its one guy. And he's not doing it because he loves 3.0 so much. He does it because he wants to rile people up.
9/2/2016 2:38 PM
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 2:25:00 PM (view original):
possum - this was from puds last quote "And, debater, it isn't just the game. 3.0 is just an excuse for loud, petty, self-indulgent departures....."

So he once again insults a group of coaches for NO OTHER reason than to stir the pot and be rude. This is his MO over and over again. Then he acts surprised when someone responds back. Kind of hard to defend him when you have personally seen him do this >20 times in just the last few months.
Mully - I get it. He can be annoying. I don't begrudge you being critical of his views and I'm not trying to defend him or his views.

But in truth I've learned much more from this post where you have actually identified an issue you find problematic than most of the posts where you just call him a name.

Your prior comments were just bothering me personally and I thought it was more appropriate to say something to you than send a ticket. Didn't really intend to be an *** about it but also don't think there is much constructive in even addressing him because it clearly doesn't deter him.
9/2/2016 2:57 PM (edited)
Feel free to PM me also if you have issues so as not to bore everyone else with our commentary :)
9/2/2016 2:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.