Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

Mike : there is not enough difference in effort between D1 and D2. If they don't get any ap into a recruit that could become a back-up plan, it's their problem. But until you in the clear, money won't be spent on back-ups... That's the problem. And as I said all along, have ees declare in the first session. We were all saying this in beta.
12/21/2016 8:27 AM
I've already said EE should probably declare part way thru the first session. But, nonetheless, you can't scream REALISM!!!! as long as the following two situations exist:

1. Coaches don't have term limits. No real-life human coaches at a school for 60+ seasons. Smith had 36, Boeheim has 40(I think). They are the exception not the rule. Let's see how many long-term users want to lose their job after 40 seasons.

2. HD coaches have no contact with recruits until late in the 1st session, early in the 2nd session. Real-life signing periods are in Nov and April(I think). No college team is contacting a player in March that they've shown ZERO interest in up until that point. It just doesn't happen unless, maybe, they find some previously undiscovered 7 foot kid dunking goat skulls in Zimbabwe in March.

Do you disagree with either of those points?
12/21/2016 8:46 AM
For instance, Mr. Duck has been at Oregon for 38 seasons. He should be wrapping up his time there. Dude has to be in his late 70s/early 80s. Retirement home time.
12/21/2016 9:16 AM
Mike : I don't mind somebody being there as long as they have success. Job firing in Big Six needs to be happening. As for your number 2, I agree. Open interest in a recruit with AP in session 1... No need to get that many in.
12/21/2016 10:03 AM
Enhanced firings should have been implemented YEARS ago.

My personal approach would have been to give any fired coach a free season, usable ONLY in that world - to increase the chances of retention.

Firings would have created more movement, more opportunity etc

Still a good idea, but I would not change that right as folks get used to 3.0
12/21/2016 10:27 AM
I'm not in any way recommending coaching term limits. Just pointing out that many of the LT coaches complaining about realism conveniently overlook that CBB coaches aren't at one school for 30-40 seasons. It just doesn't happen with any regularity.
12/21/2016 10:46 AM
Elon is beating Duke at halftime. Suck it, elitists!!!!!
12/21/2016 6:59 PM
The Kennard kid is from my area. Elon put a lot of effort into recruiting him and he was going to go there. Then Duke called during the 2nd recruiting period..... dropped a few AP on him, offered and did a home visit. Kid was a Blue Devil before the first phone call ended. REAISM!!! Screw the user playing as Elon!
12/21/2016 8:29 PM
Am I the only one who giggled at "7 foot kid from Zimbabwe dunking goat skulls"? Yes?
12/22/2016 11:34 AM
Probably. My sense of humor is wasted here. WASTED, I SAY!!!!
12/22/2016 11:47 AM
Posted by mbriese on 12/22/2016 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Am I the only one who giggled at "7 foot kid from Zimbabwe dunking goat skulls"? Yes?
? No idea what you're referring to?
12/22/2016 12:12 PM
Posted by metsmax on 12/21/2016 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Enhanced firings should have been implemented YEARS ago.

My personal approach would have been to give any fired coach a free season, usable ONLY in that world - to increase the chances of retention.

Firings would have created more movement, more opportunity etc

Still a good idea, but I would not change that right as folks get used to 3.0
I don't think they have to do much to firings right now. It would be disastrous to the population - worse, I think, than the 3.0 rollout - to start implementing tough criteria just to keep a big 6 job once you get there. Giving a guy that just got fired (because he lost 5 of 6 rolls over a 2 season span at UNC and goes 2-14 in conference as a result) a free season isn't going to mean anything to him. He spent lots of money and real years to get there. If he's stayed through rollout, he's probably at least ok with the idea that sometimes the rolls aren't going to go his way; but to fire him over it would be just ludicrous.

3.0 structure lends itself to ease that logjam by itself. There will likely be a number of big 6 jobs open every year, without conference cash incentives to make doormats playable. And mid-majors are more playable than they were in the last version. I really don't think they need to do anything to firing. Hiring is what could use a tweak.
12/22/2016 2:25 PM
generally agree - under 2.0 firing/hiring was high on my list of needed improvements

now, hiring deserves attention and after things settle down think about firings
12/22/2016 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.