'A' Prestige D-I Loses to D-II -- Both Very High! Topic

Posted by snafu4u on 1/4/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Success at D1 should be hard.
It is. You should try it.
I'll get there. Hopefully, the whinemongers won't have made it easier when I do.
1/4/2017 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/4/2017 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Recruits should be pre-interested in a few non-Sim schools appropriate to their level when recruiting starts.

This was one great missed opportunity in the 3.0 preference system.
Why, noteamguy?
Pass.
1/4/2017 8:06 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/4/2017 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Recruits should be pre-interested in a few non-Sim schools appropriate to their level when recruiting starts.

Why, noteamguy?
Pass.
I understand. You don't want to say "So D2/D3 would be scared off then D1 human teams can out recruit the SIM teams."

I just wanted to see if you'd say it. Thanks for your semi-participation.

You don't find it even vaguely weird to not have a team but still follow the forums?
1/4/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Well, that was 10 years ago but not exactly.

I didn't have the desire to fight for several more seasons to turn terrible VaTech into an ACC contender when the hot, new HBD had come out. I'm a baseball guy anyway. HBD had a much more level playing field from Day 1 and I enjoyed it more. That said, I found HBD public worlds too easy so I started two private ones and filled them with users who knew what they were doing. Because I don't like easy.

Do you think success at D1 should be easy? Because, and I'm sort of trolling you, every gripe I see is requesting some change that makes success at D1 easier.
Yeah I know you see it that way. I personally don't based upon my own situation.

My main teams are D3. I have 1 D1 team and it's at a low major. None of the modifications or changes a lot of folks are suggesting would aid me in any way but I think they make sense and make the game better. I don't think my D3 teams should be able to recruit talent that a D1 team would want. That's not protection for my D1 team, that's because I think it makes the game worse.

Low and mid D1 has been made way easier with the changes to 3.0. I personally think the pendulum has swung too far and needs some correction.

1/4/2017 8:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):

Why, noteamguy?
Pass.
I understand. You don't want to say "So D2/D3 would be scared off then D1 human teams can out recruit the SIM teams."

You don't find it even vaguely weird to not have a team but still follow the forums?
Pass.
1/4/2017 8:12 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:11:00 PM (view original):

I didn't have the desire to fight for several more seasons to turn terrible VaTech into an ACC contender when the hot, new HBD had come out. I'm a baseball guy anyway. HBD had a much more level playing field from Day 1 and I enjoyed it more. That said, I found HBD public worlds too easy so I started two private ones and filled them with users who knew what they were doing. Because I don't like easy.

Do you think success at D1 should be easy? Because, and I'm sort of trolling you, every gripe I see is requesting some change that makes success at D1 easier.
Yeah I know you see it that way. I personally don't based upon my own situation.

My main teams are D3. I have 1 D1 team and it's at a low major. None of the modifications or changes a lot of folks are suggesting would aid me in any way but I think they make sense and make the game better. I don't think my D3 teams should be able to recruit talent that a D1 team would want. That's not protection for my D1 team, that's because I think it makes the game worse.

Low and mid D1 has been made way easier with the changes to 3.0. I personally think the pendulum has swung too far and needs some correction.

I'll say again that I don't mind, at all, D3 staying out of D2/D1 and D2 staying out of D1. I'll add that I'd be against D1 or D2 dropping down because that opens the door for a user quitting to screw a user he doesn't like for ***** and giggles.

But, alas, that's not the way the game is designed. It's a big ol' pool of players and it is what it is.

EE-too hard
Competing against D2 in RS2-too hard
Competing against lower level D1-too hard

Every damn suggestion is based on making it easier for B6 schools to replenish themselves and continue going 32-2.
1/4/2017 8:18 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/4/2017 8:12:00 PM (view original):

Why, noteamguy?
Pass.

Pass.
Any chance you could do that BEFORE making your next post, noteamguy?
1/4/2017 8:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:18:00 PM (view original):

I'll say again that I don't mind, at all, D3 staying out of D2/D1 and D2 staying out of D1. I'll add that I'd be against D1 or D2 dropping down because that opens the door for a user quitting to screw a user he doesn't like for ***** and giggles.

But, alas, that's not the way the game is designed. It's a big ol' pool of players and it is what it is.

EE-too hard

Every damn suggestion is based on making it easier for B6 schools to replenish themselves and continue going 32-2.
Not every B6 School can go 32-2.
1/4/2017 8:19 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/4/2017 8:12:00 PM (view original):

Why, noteamguy?
Pass.

Pass.
Any chance you could do that BEFORE making your next post, noteamguy?
Pass.
1/4/2017 8:22 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):

EE-too hard

Fair enough.

Rephrase "Every damn suggestion is based on making it easier for B6 schools to replenish themselves."
1/4/2017 8:27 PM
what its like when mike gets invested in a thread...

1/4/2017 8:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):

EE-too hard

Fair enough.

Rephrase "Every damn suggestion is based on making it easier for B6 schools to replenish themselves."
The way I see it, B6's advantages from 2.0 have been neutered. Big time. They don't need to worry about D2 or D3 for vast majority of the time.

But they now need to worry about me and my D prestige NMSU team because I can now beat them. They can't just coast along. I think we all agree on this right?

Now think about this. Look at how much has changed to B6. Is everyone screaming and crying about losing postseason money or rollover? No, they've accepted it.

They're complaining that it is now MUCH harder and aren't even given full resources when having an EE to have a fair fight with. That's the biggest difference IMHO.
1/4/2017 8:37 PM
So they get the benefit of the great player but there should be no risk? Huh?
1/4/2017 8:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:38:00 PM (view original):
So they get the benefit of the great player but there should be no risk? Huh?
The risk is they lose the player and don't have him anymore.

Also, it's not just B6 that is having EEs.
1/4/2017 8:40 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 1/4/2017 8:29:00 PM (view original):
what its like when mike gets invested in a thread...

I've been avoiding the whine threads but I accidentally clicked this one and saw noteamguy posting. Not sure why but that just seems weird to me. I'm not lurking the SLB or FC threads because I don't have teams. It's just weird.

Anyway, I read a couple more posts and got caught up in "D1 is too hard" nonsense. I'll be out of here shortly.
1/4/2017 8:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...13 Next ▸
'A' Prestige D-I Loses to D-II -- Both Very High! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.