Why So Many Open D1 Elites? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 12/15/2016 9:00:00 AM (view original):
I wasn't really dismissing them. I was just mocking the gloom and doom "D1 WILL DIE LIKE THIS!!!!!" folks. It's hard to tell people, and even harder for them to accept, that the EE problems will resolve themselves but they likely will. It's kinda like your super bitchy girlfriend dumping you out of nowhere. It sucks for a few days, WHAT DID I DO?!?!?!?, but you're better off in the long run. While the super teams with the super classes probably won't feel that THEY are better off in the long run, HD will be.
Not really sure how half empty big 6 conferences is resolving the issue, but we'll see after a few seasons.
12/15/2016 11:02 PM
Posted by zorzii on 12/15/2016 7:45:00 AM (view original):
People are moving into solid jobs in Phelan D1. It's nice to see Phelan being still a solid D1 world.
This.
12/16/2016 6:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/16/2016 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 12/15/2016 7:45:00 AM (view original):
People are moving into solid jobs in Phelan D1. It's nice to see Phelan being still a solid D1 world.
This.
Yeah, big 10 is eleven out of 12... things are moving, we just lost Trey to UConn, the ACC is moving on with new owners, thewizard just took Wake Forest. People are still going for strong divisions and good base prestige teams.
12/16/2016 8:10 AM
The better users are still going to be the better users. It makes perfect sense for those who were good at the game, but locked out because they got there too late, to take the high level teams. While I can see EE being a legit problem for those losing 3-4 in the first couple of 3.0 seasons, everyone will be on equal footing once that clears.

That said, I can also see the A10-types being able to compete with the ACCs of the world and users being just fine stopping there. I just don't think D1 is going to be a wasteland as predicted by some naysayers.
12/16/2016 8:23 AM
I expect DI and BCS conferences to be reasonably full, depending on the overall success of the game

I would predict that we will not see all human BCS conferences because a number of incentives now argue against that. We'll see what the long term equilibrium is, but I bet 7-9 humans in prestige conferences. Partly, this will happen because such schools have lots of fans who will want to get there.

Personally, I enjoyed coaching at my low DI school I actually attended and at elite schools that I like in real life or just in the game. I also enjoyed coaching at schools and in conferences that I just thought were cool.

So, hard to know. I bet we see good but not full BCS conferences.
12/16/2016 9:51 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Why So Many Open D1 Elites? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.