Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Posted by CoachSpud on 1/11/2017 1:02:00 AM (view original):
HD 3.0, poncho ... HD 3.0. It hasn't been "a few seasons" of 3.0 in any world yet.
That's very interesting Spud, because I don't have any 2.0 recruited players left on my teams. What is your definition of a few? HD3.0, Spud ... HD3.0
1/11/2017 8:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2017 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Are EE more spread out now or are individual teams still suffering from 3-5 a season?
Phelan just finished S101 last night and Kansas lost 3 EEs (2 x JRs, 1 x SO, all recruited under HD 3.0) and now presently has 6 unfilled openings now heading into RS2. Likely back to the drawing board for them...
1/12/2017 12:57 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 1/12/2017 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Are EE more spread out now or are individual teams still suffering from 3-5 a season?
Phelan just finished S101 last night and Kansas lost 3 EEs (2 x JRs, 1 x SO, all recruited under HD 3.0) and now presently has 6 unfilled openings now heading into RS2. Likely back to the drawing board for them...
Do transfer player announce their intention at the same time. I am hoping he will
go.
1/12/2017 1:13 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/12/2017 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Do transfer player announce their intention at the same time. I am hoping he will
go.
I would think nothing has changed when the departing players declare (they just don't publicize news about it anymore to keep transfers hidden). If Scholl hasn't informed you via mail that he's out of there, its likely you're stuck with him for RS2 unless you cut him (at which point you still won't get funds for him since you recruited him).
1/12/2017 1:45 PM
They did get #6 overall in RS1. Not sure "back to the drawing board" is all that accurate.
1/12/2017 2:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
They did get #6 overall in RS1. Not sure "back to the drawing board" is all that accurate.
This isn't the NBA where one player like LeBron can dominate. HD recruits are only marginally better than their peers who stay all 4 seasons (and there is no way to differentiate between those that stay and those that decide to leave).

Let me keep this guy or this guy for their SR season (both of which were listed as Likely Going but didn't go EE) instead of having that new guy to replace him if the latter leaves after his SO season.

Playing FR with crappy IQ (even elite ones) does not lead you to post season success against high level competition.

Do you think Kansas will be able to find at least 4 guys to sign in RS2 that will let him compete with my UCLA squad when we meet in OOC?
1/12/2017 2:26 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 1/12/2017 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
This isn't the NBA where one player like LeBron can dominate. HD recruits are only marginally better than their peers who stay all 4 seasons (and there is no way to differentiate between those that stay and those that decide to leave).

Let me keep this guy or this guy for their SR season (both of which were listed as Likely Going but didn't go EE) instead of having that new guy to replace him if the latter leaves after his SO season.

Playing FR with crappy IQ (even elite ones) does not lead you to post season success against high level competition.

Do you think Kansas will be able to find at least 4 guys to sign in RS2 that will let him compete with my UCLA squad when we meet in OOC?
Do you think they should get 4 studs in any class?
1/12/2017 3:27 PM
Actually, I know the answer so don't bother.

You're not going to like 3.0 at all. It's not designed for the same 12-15 teams to get all the elite players then fight one another for the championship. It's more good 3-4 season run, reload for a season, repeat. I think most would be pretty damn happy with 1 top 10 recruit.
1/12/2017 3:35 PM
Honestly, it looks like Kansas took three walk-ons in preparation of EE departure. He probably knows what he's doing.
1/12/2017 3:37 PM
Since I've played Kansas every season for 30 seasons, I'm fairly confident he's a good coach.

He ended up taking 3 walk-ons because he had 3 EEs last season (S100) as well: Gallman, Kempf, and Benson.

When you have so many late openings *AND* having to fight for top recruits in RS1, there is no way right now to open up back-up options legitimately unless other coaches decide to not battle you. If they come after your back up options, you have to look elsewhere or just take the walk on.

Allowing the lower level D2/D3 to battle for these EE backup options just makes it that much tougher to do.

But yeah the non-D1 coaches still know how difficult it is trying to keep an elite D1 program competitive...
1/12/2017 4:58 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 1/12/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Since I've played Kansas every season for 30 seasons, I'm fairly confident he's a good coach.

He ended up taking 3 walk-ons because he had 3 EEs last season (S100) as well: Gallman, Kempf, and Benson.

When you have so many late openings *AND* having to fight for top recruits in RS1, there is no way right now to open up back-up options legitimately unless other coaches decide to not battle you. If they come after your back up options, you have to look elsewhere or just take the walk on.

Allowing the lower level D2/D3 to battle for these EE backup options just makes it that much tougher to do.

But yeah the non-D1 coaches still know how difficult it is trying to keep an elite D1 program competitive...
"But yeah the non-D1 coaches still know how difficult it is trying to keep an elite D1 program competitive" They don't and shouldn't express and opinion on the subject when they aren't qualified for the matter.
1/12/2017 5:02 PM
Not interested in having a "D1 teams just can't stay on top forever" discussion. This is really all that needs to be said:

You're not going to like 3.0 at all. It's not designed for the same 12-15 teams to get all the elite players then fight one another for the championship. It's more good 3-4 season run, reload for a season, repeat. I think most would be pretty damn happy with 1 top 10 recruit.

1/12/2017 5:07 PM
FWIW, those having success at D1 haven't cracked some secret code. They haven't cured cancer or discovered a way to world peace. They got good at a computer simulation game on the internet. Hell, they might work part-time scrubbing toilets and live at home at 29.

The superiority complex some of you have is laughable. "You're not in D1 so you just don't understand!!!"

LOL
1/12/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, those having success at D1 haven't cracked some secret code. They haven't cured cancer or discovered a way to world peace. They got good at a computer simulation game on the internet. Hell, they might work part-time scrubbing toilets and live at home at 29.

The superiority complex some of you have is laughable. "You're not in D1 so you just don't understand!!!"

LOL
This is exactly right, "You're not in D1 so you just don't understand!!!" take your own advice.
1/12/2017 5:14 PM
Buh-bye, special needs troll.
1/12/2017 5:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.