Conference Camaraderie Topic

Posted by zorzii on 1/17/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):
I think It's interesting to have conference's goals. It always is fun to be the top conference in any division. I truly dislike non active conference or empty conference. To be honest, except for some aliens, I doubt people are inclined to stick around when they are by themselves in a conference.
I am not a reptilian sorry.
1/17/2017 10:04 AM
Posted by zorzii on 1/17/2017 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/17/2017 9:43:00 AM (view original):
I agree, but I think there should be a reward for doing well in the NT. I liked that about 2.0.
I'm with you. I think we already get strong conference preference though. It's an advantage. I know in IBA, RUPP D2, my two teams get VERY GOOD. It's not an edge though in D2... Cause we just go for D1 or D2 players unchallenged. I have yet to battle in D2... I did in D3 though but was switching job.

In D1, that preference plays a part though. It's battles everywhere.

I suggest strong conference with good NT success could get something.
I really don't get why people don't consider the monetary credits enough of a reward. Hey, you won, here's $35! Why isn't that enough? Why do they need more than that?
1/17/2017 10:15 AM
I don't think there should be a reward for being in a conference that is filled. That said, I am always shocked to see conferences with no human owners. You can build a strong enough team and get a decent NT seed via strong scheduling in the non-conference. Especially if you're more likely to go 16-0 in conference play. The new system doesn't give you the benefits of being in a conference with other owners which is probably better for an even playing field. New owners benefit more from playing in a vacant conference. Making the PIT or NT is enticing to stay.
1/17/2017 10:22 AM (edited)
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 12:43:00 AM (view original):
It always seems unusual that camaraderie exists when you are paid for it more than when you are not paid for it.
Considering you only play in SIM conferences where you can beat up on SIMAI, that's not surprising
LOL. Besides being a hater you are so f8cking ignorant.
1/17/2017 10:20 AM
If you prefer to play by yourself, wouldn't it be better to buy some sort of game and play it on your timetable?

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm

BTW, took me about 3 minutes to find one.
1/17/2017 10:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 10:21:00 AM (view original):
If you prefer to play by yourself, wouldn't it be better to buy some sort of game and play it on your timetable?

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm

BTW, took me about 3 minutes to find one.
Play in a solo conference, schedule human coaches in the non-conference. Stay active on the boards.
1/17/2017 10:23 AM
People leave this game because they don't like losing, not because of the fun factor. At least that's my feeling with new coaches.
1/17/2017 10:24 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 1/17/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
People leave this game because they don't like losing, not because of the fun factor. At least that's my feeling with new coaches.
You will lose. Bad class balance... Two tough years will come. An ineligible not showing up, your NT run is doomed... I mean, if you can't handle losing, you do not understand that with the losses came the knowledge. It's a tough game. Now, with the flip coin in D1... You need plan B, C and D to remain on top.
1/17/2017 10:28 AM
Posted by zorzii on 1/17/2017 10:28:00 AM (view original):
You will lose. Bad class balance... Two tough years will come. An ineligible not showing up, your NT run is doomed... I mean, if you can't handle losing, you do not understand that with the losses came the knowledge. It's a tough game. Now, with the flip coin in D1... You need plan B, C and D to remain on top.
I agree completely, losing is inevitable, but most people join looking for instant success, maybe even a little bit will make them stay. So joining a conference filled with other coaches isn't going to accomplish that.
1/17/2017 11:00 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 12:43:00 AM (view original):
It always seems unusual that camaraderie exists when you are paid for it more than when you are not paid for it.
Considering you only play in SIM conferences where you can beat up on SIMAI, that's not surprising
LOL. Besides being a hater you are so f8cking ignorant.
Aww what's the matter little man? Background noise getting under your skin. Take some time out in your "happy space" until you feel better.
1/17/2017 11:16 AM
+1

When it comes to video games, most everyone has a God complex, myself included; my baseball player on The Show is always a 99 and leading the league in every offensive category; when I used to play Madden (before it became sh*t), I was always the star player, the face of the franchise.

And so everyone here wants to be good. Maybe not top-of-the-hill Duke or Kentucky, but they want to win championships and recruit star players. I would guess, though I might be wrong, a lot of coaches aren't willing to go through the down years to get to the good.
1/17/2017 12:38 PM
Exactly. I see it in my own kids with their video games. They are given so much of an advantage (whether it be madden etc) that when they don't win easily they quit.
1/17/2017 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 12
Conference Camaraderie Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.