3 star recruit to D2 Topic

Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/11/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
2 seasons ago I was at D2 and saw that there was a 4 star rated around 40 on the top 100 that only had a SIM on them. It was UNC so it had an A prestige but I wanted to see if I could beat them. This guy definitely wasn't a 4 star quality guy and he would have been just OK on a D2 team.

So at the start of the 2nd session I went all in and bumped the SIM from VH down to Low. This guy was a late signer so he didn't sign right away and waited 4 more cycles to sign. Every cycle the sim got closer and closer and eventually knocked me down to High. He signed with the VH over my H so I lost the dice roll but I was VERY close to getting him if he hadn't taken so long to sign.
Yeah, recruits with a signing preference of "Whenever" also take way too long to sign. As you note, it's all to help the higher prestige D1 coaches, because, you know, they're the ones who need so much help.
There is no division 1 welfare no more?
2/11/2017 11:32 AM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 2/11/2017 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/11/2017 9:57:00 AM (view original):
I did see a 4 star guy go to a D2 team in Smith. Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - William Christian - Ratings - Smith - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports

They beat out a ton of Big 6 D1 programs for him.
wow, great player. I can't imagine those DI teams put in a ton of effort on him though if they weren't able to beat a DII.
He was a late signer, and he signed the first cycle of the second session before any oof the Big 6 programs could make a strong effort in the second session. I would like to see at least one cycle run before teams can sign once the second session starts. I also lost out on a 5 star guy to St. Josephs that same year, even though he wanted me to visit the campus, etc. I just got too late of a start on him. Granted I could have started earlier, but I didn't sign my first session guy until the end, so I didn't have time to put effort into him without sacrificing the AP I needed for the first session battle.
2/11/2017 11:38 AM (edited)
"As you note, it's all to help the higher prestige D1 coaches, because, you know, they're the ones who need so much help."

Um no, I did not say this. And I wouldn't say this because I'm not a huge whiner.
2/11/2017 11:39 AM
◂ Prev 12
3 star recruit to D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.