Round 1 Sound Off, 2021 Topic

I don't want to waste time doing this if everybody is not on board. How about a quick poll..
8/20/2021 3:01 PM
Who should create the Round 2 themes?
Votes: 20
(Last vote received: 8/21/2021 8:11 AM)
8/20/2021 3:02 PM
I have complete faith in either schwarze or ozomatli creating and posting the themes for round 2.
I suggest someone check with ozo. Obviously, he has lots going on right now and he might welcome Jeff stepping in to run round 2 so he can concentrate on his business and new marriage.
Or he might be 9/10s of the way done already and will be upset if someone takes over at this point.
I vote with whatever ozo decides is best
8/20/2021 3:36 PM
I voted waiting for ozo, but someone needs to tweet at him, call him, or whatever, because it’s been two weeks since he said he’d release Round 2 themes
8/20/2021 3:42 PM (edited)
Posted by ronthegenius on 8/20/2021 3:36:00 PM (view original):
I have complete faith in either schwarze or ozomatli creating and posting the themes for round 2.
I suggest someone check with ozo. Obviously, he has lots going on right now and he might welcome Jeff stepping in to run round 2 so he can concentrate on his business and new marriage.
Or he might be 9/10s of the way done already and will be upset if someone takes over at this point.
I vote with whatever ozo decides is best
I totally agree with this - if he's 9/10th done then it wouldn't be cool to pull the rug out from ozo right now.
8/20/2021 3:45 PM
I voted waiting for ozo... but I'm going to note right now that I'm not ok waiting "however long" it takes for ozomatli to return. I say give him a week or so and somone get a hold of him if they can.

If ozomatli is still radio silent after another week... we should ask schwarze to create the round 2 themes.
8/20/2021 4:22 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/20/2021 3:42:00 PM (view original):
I voted waiting for ozo, but someone needs to tweet at him, call him, or whatever, because it’s been two weeks since he said he’d release Round 2 themes
I sent him a DM on Twitter.
8/20/2021 5:07 PM
Pretty amazing we could get 14/24 votes within such a short amount of time. The draft could be started if we had one...
8/20/2021 5:08 PM
I agree with most statements up to a point. If Mike feels he will have them ready in a few days, then I agree to wait. Otherwise, I am ready (and thankful) for Jeff to step in. We don't know if Mike is close to being ready, or if he even desires to continue leading this segment. It might be a relief for him to not have this looming over his shoulder. It just seems to me that if he was close to being caught up in RL, he would have posted a quick note here.

I appreciate all the work Mike does for this tourney and think he does a great job. However, we need to know what is going on and to have some type of timetable in moving forward.
8/20/2021 5:15 PM
Posted by mensu1954 on 8/20/2021 5:15:00 PM (view original):
I agree with most statements up to a point. If Mike feels he will have them ready in a few days, then I agree to wait. Otherwise, I am ready (and thankful) for Jeff to step in. We don't know if Mike is close to being ready, or if he even desires to continue leading this segment. It might be a relief for him to not have this looming over his shoulder. It just seems to me that if he was close to being caught up in RL, he would have posted a quick note here.

I appreciate all the work Mike does for this tourney and think he does a great job. However, we need to know what is going on and to have some type of timetable in moving forward.
I agree with all of this. Couldn't express it better.
Hoping Mike checks his DM soonish.
8/20/2021 5:23 PM
Mike got caught up with life, it happens. So designate a replacement. Let schwarze pick the themes. Or they talk to each other and come up with a solution.
The only thing I am always opposed to is letting the players vote on the rules or themes. Never a good idea.
8/20/2021 5:37 PM (edited)
Exactly why schwarze who ran this tourney for how long.....? Is a perfect replacement
8/20/2021 5:44 PM
I have put together five themes that I think will be enjoyable to research and do a roster-build. (The sixth theme, $110M is already determined from Round 1). Just let me know when you want me to post them.
8/20/2021 6:00 PM
I'm against moving away from Ozo without making contact first. I originally assumed he already had themes in mind, but if he is A) contacted and B) doesn't have themes ready and C) isn't reliable at this time, then have Schwarze do them.

I'm also not against having a singing competition to determine the winner.
8/20/2021 6:03 PM
I'm willing to wait a week or two for Ozo, but if it is going to take longer than that or if he is too busy, then I vote schwarze. It doesn't matter to me who creates them, just anxious to get started.
8/20/2021 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25 Next ▸
Round 1 Sound Off, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.