Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Busy weekend, I just entered my teams in Schwarze’s tournament, I’ll get to sending him my WISC rosters tonight
9/13/2021 6:07 PM
Posted by wink0094 on 9/11/2021 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ronthegenius on 9/10/2021 7:52:00 PM (view original):
We are going to need ozomatli to check the 110m friend rosters as he’s the only one with the matching team info from round one.

I’m done the 3x3, the quick draft was a disaster, most of the way done the HOF, haven’t really considered the variable slugging, and am completely psychologically destroyed by my attempts to bring the clone team under 100m
I have access to last rounds $110M rosters. I can share the google sheet with d_rock or whomever wants to verify rosters.

<edit> Just remembered that we sent our round 2 rosters to ozo. Those I don't have those.
I do too, I just have to check which R1 league our final 24 were in.
9/14/2021 12:44 AM
Yeah, I have all the 110M rosters. We'll be fine there
9/14/2021 3:47 AM
Posted by discodemo on 9/13/2021 4:41:00 PM (view original):
d_rock has volunteered to commish all 6 leagues; anyone have any objections? I'm fine with that.
d_rock will commish all 6
9/14/2021 3:48 AM
Posted by discodemo on 9/10/2021 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Given the lack of communication from ozo, I have asked schwarze to be the final decision maker on rules interpretations and disputes. We need someone in charge. Hopefully he jumps in.
This is fine. Thanks for taking the initiative and thanks to schwarze for being willing to jump in
9/14/2021 3:49 AM
Order of operations should be:
  1. Someone (ideally schwarze, if he's up for it) validates d_rock's rosters. I can validate his 110M roster. This should happen by Friday.
  2. d_rock creates league numbers per guidance I send him. This should happen by Saturday.
  3. d_rock sends out league numbers. This should happen on Saturday.
  4. People enter their teams and schwarze or d_rock and 06gsp validate them. We won't assess penalty points for missing the Sunday timeline for having 3 teams in. If anything, I should give myself penalty points for Round 1 next year lol.
I genuinely wish I was able to do more and I'm sorry it's been a bit of a shitshow. Advice: never try to plan a wedding + honeymoon while you're at the early stage of starting a venture backed tech startup — it's 3am right now and this is the only time I've had to dig in here all week. Unitl we raise another round of funding and can hire more people, I just don't have time for hobbies.
9/14/2021 3:54 AM
Thanks for the update Mike...hope things turn your way soon. Also thanks to schwarze and d_rock for accepting a great deal of responsibility. Agree with the decision not to assess penalties, it's been a struggle to get the rules straightened out.
9/14/2021 7:23 AM
That's the worst(?) part — everything is going great, just less time than ever. For context, I have ~2 live teams right now (which I haven't checked in weeks). I normally have somewhere between 30 and 50.
9/15/2021 1:24 AM
And yes, huge thanks to schwarze, d_rock, and also everyone else who's been trying to wrangle a path forward here in the forums. I'm making a commitment to myself to check in at least once a day going forward, even if it's only here in the forums, or late at night like tonight. Just to make sure things are progressing.
9/15/2021 1:30 AM (edited)
Chatted with d_rock over sitemail. Sounds like schwarze has approved his rosters.

I'm going to send him some notes on league settings tomorrow, and we'll be ahead of schedule (ha) with league numbers up no later than Thursday.

Penalty points will not be assessed for Sunday's deadline of having 3 teams in.
9/15/2021 1:27 AM
Posted by hawkkev on 8/24/2021 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 8/23/2021 4:33:00 AM (view original):
$120M: 3x3=9
Choose 3 seasons and 3 franchises. Combine them so you have 9 unique teams. All 25 players must come from one of those 9 teams.

No more than 3 players per team are allowed and every team has to be represented at least once. So the only combinations are:

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-2-2 = 25
3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-1 = 25

Details
Seasons: All
DH: Yes
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Must have been used by one of your 9 teams
300K Exception: Yes
Team Name: None
Division Alignment: Random
To be clear, do you mean the same 3 franchises for each season? (as opposed to choosing any 3 franchises for each season) I would guess that you want only 3 franchises total (duplicated each season) but just want to be clear. Thanks.
I haven't seen an answer on this (the conversation turned to the quick drafts). I'd appreciate if Ozo or Schwarze can clarify on it - thanks.
9/17/2021 10:16 PM
I think the wording is clear, "Choose 3 seasons and 3 franchises" means your players have to come from the same three franchises.
9/17/2021 10:36 PM
Correct
9/18/2021 2:35 AM
Thank you. Now I'll get on jigsaw-ing this challenging one.
9/18/2021 11:33 AM
Is it safe to assume that roster checks aren't going to be done until the final date? I'm considering tinkering with one of my submitted rosters, is that allowed? And if so, until when? Thanks.
9/19/2021 10:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.