Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Stick with us, schwarze. We need strong leadership.
9/10/2021 4:34 PM
I think we've proven that this tournament can't run smoothly without a leader and independent arbiter. Thank you schwarze.
9/10/2021 5:24 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/10/2021 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Yep - I think you have your Official Ruling on the 70M theme. 5 players it is.

Commissioners can send me rosters. Once I validate, you can open the leagues and starting posting league numbers.
Out of the Round 1 commissioners, I was the only one to make Round 2. I just assumed I was gonna commish again. I have all my rosters built, I can send them when I get home, if that’s cool?
9/10/2021 5:41 PM
We are going to need ozomatli to check the 110m friend rosters as he’s the only one with the matching team info from round one.

I’m done the 3x3, the quick draft was a disaster, most of the way done the HOF, haven’t really considered the variable slugging, and am completely psychologically destroyed by my attempts to bring the clone team under 100m
9/10/2021 7:52 PM
Posted by ronthegenius on 9/10/2021 7:52:00 PM (view original):
We are going to need ozomatli to check the 110m friend rosters as he’s the only one with the matching team info from round one.

I’m done the 3x3, the quick draft was a disaster, most of the way done the HOF, haven’t really considered the variable slugging, and am completely psychologically destroyed by my attempts to bring the clone team under 100m
I have access to last rounds $110M rosters. I can share the google sheet with d_rock or whomever wants to verify rosters.

<edit> Just remembered that we sent our round 2 rosters to ozo. Those I don't have those.
9/11/2021 11:15 AM (edited)
Am I the only one who didn't think the Clone league was particularly hard? Just set the parameters to what I needed and be willing to accept 70m quality.The searches did take some time.
9/12/2021 2:00 PM (edited)
Posted by schwarze on 9/10/2021 12:52:00 PM (view original):
With respect to Hall of Fame question...

My initial thought was to allow only players that come up in the search engine when you check the Awards box = Hall of Fame. I think the spirit of the theme is to include only HOF players, not to allow the loophole of adding cheap player-seasons by HOF managers or other executives who may have had a cup of coffee in the MLB.

So my ruling is to only allow HOF Players, i.e., those that show up on the search engine. Since 2020 HOF's have not yet been added, I would go ahead and allow Jeter, Walker & Simmons as well. Let me know if any other players are missing from the HOF search criteria.

EDIT
I was unaware that all non-player HOF show up in the search, so based on that.... yes... anybody who shows up in the search when you choose HOF is eligible + the 2020 inductees.
I'm not finding the 2019 inductees when you use the HOF search criteria, but I assume they are eligible.
9/12/2021 10:51 PM
is there an eta for league numbers?
9/13/2021 11:02 AM
Posted by brianjw on 9/12/2021 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by schwarze on 9/10/2021 12:52:00 PM (view original):
With respect to Hall of Fame question...

My initial thought was to allow only players that come up in the search engine when you check the Awards box = Hall of Fame. I think the spirit of the theme is to include only HOF players, not to allow the loophole of adding cheap player-seasons by HOF managers or other executives who may have had a cup of coffee in the MLB.

So my ruling is to only allow HOF Players, i.e., those that show up on the search engine. Since 2020 HOF's have not yet been added, I would go ahead and allow Jeter, Walker & Simmons as well. Let me know if any other players are missing from the HOF search criteria.

EDIT
I was unaware that all non-player HOF show up in the search, so based on that.... yes... anybody who shows up in the search when you choose HOF is eligible + the 2020 inductees.
I'm not finding the 2019 inductees when you use the HOF search criteria, but I assume they are eligible.
Yes - they are eligible. My bad... I thought I checked that, but maybe I checked thru 2018.
9/13/2021 4:25 PM
Posted by Bill_James47 on 9/13/2021 11:02:00 AM (view original):
is there an eta for league numbers?
Did ozomatli assign commissioners? Nobody has sent me any rosters to verify yet.
9/13/2021 4:27 PM
d_rock has volunteered to commish all 6 leagues; anyone have any objections? I'm fine with that.
9/13/2021 4:41 PM
Only Baines and Lee Smith seem to be missing from the 2019 inductees. They don’t show up when you search for Hall of Famers.
the others - Rivera, EMart, Halliday, Mussina all seem good. I guess we should submit a ticket
9/13/2021 5:03 PM
OK - thanks... I thought I saw some 2019 guys on there. I guess I just didn't check them all (I figured if one 2019 HOF was included, then all were included)
9/13/2021 5:23 PM
d_rock mentioned a few times he would commish all the leagues and no one raised any issues with that or offered an alternative so let's get going with him as commish, the first deadline is less then a week away. That shouldn't be an issue since we all have 2 teams ready (Draft and friends) but it is starting to get tight on time and it would suck to push back the start date of the entire tournament
9/13/2021 5:33 PM
My teams are ready to go as well, or at least as ready as they're going to be.

I'm happy to help out in whatever way I can, either by being commissioner or helping with roster verification
9/13/2021 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.