Roadmap Questions Topic

Hello everyone,

This section is designed to house questions about the roadmap and where things are going. Not a place to house "wish lists" or feedback. This is strictly for questions about planned updates.
2/23/2022 5:14 PM
I think the Bill Russell new defense rating updates was very very welcomed and appreciated.
Are there plans to incorporate in some way Negro Baseball players into the MLB database.

Thank you.
2/23/2022 5:44 PM
are you still planning on going forward with dynamic pricing?
2/23/2022 6:06 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/23/2022 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I think the Bill Russell new defense rating updates was very very welcomed and appreciated.
Are there plans to incorporate in some way Negro Baseball players into the MLB database.

Thank you.
Right now there is there aren't plans to do a Negro League update into SLB but we do know that this is something that quite a few in the community would like to see so it's something we haven't said no to, just no plans at this time.
2/24/2022 12:19 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/23/2022 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Right now, there are no plans to implement dynamic pricing. We are hoping with the rewrite/other updates that it will help make pricing of players more realistic.
2/24/2022 12:33 PM
Posted by jholthus on 2/24/2022 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Right now, there are no plans to implement dynamic pricing. We are hoping with the rewrite/other updates that it will help make pricing of players more realistic.
So does that mean you're going to redo-the salary structure?
Or at least address the current inequities between players who were subject to dynamic pricing and those who were not?
2/24/2022 1:48 PM
Posted by combalt on 2/24/2022 1:48:00 PM (view original):
So does that mean you're going to redo-the salary structure?
Or at least address the current inequities between players who were subject to dynamic pricing and those who were not?
When we re-write the game we hope to have a more effective pricing system for players.
2/24/2022 3:02 PM
Can you provide further detail by what you mean when you said, “make things more realistic and be more dimensional than strictly stats-based driven”? The only thing I can think of is hot and cold streaks.
2/24/2022 3:49 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 2/24/2022 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Can you provide further detail by what you mean when you said, “make things more realistic and be more dimensional than strictly stats-based driven”? The only thing I can think of is hot and cold streaks.
We hope to have the data import include more variable about players as well as a more comprehensive stat pull. The specifics of which aren't determined yet, it will depend on if we can find what we are looking for and how that translates to the game.
2/25/2022 11:42 AM
I love that HD is finally getting a sensible firing system, and love it even more that the community was listened to with tweaks made to the initial plan, but I’m really curious - what’s in the “up next” plans for HD?

I wouldn’t ask for a timeline or anything since that’s not fair to y’all but what’re 2-3 things you plan to change or incorporate next in HD?

2/25/2022 8:31 PM
the biggest reason i don't play gridiron dynasty is the injury factor..injuries are a big part of football..if the game is to be more realistic i believe injuries-even to starters for a significant time should be looked into..{hoops dynasty too!}
2/27/2022 1:41 PM
Posted by Mwett on 2/26/2022 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Right now, there are no plans to return to SLB Open Leagues without dynamic pricing, which was promised to us in one update or another about a year ago. But with all the 1-trick pony copycat cookie cutter owners who haven't had to pay a team fee in ions at the expense of overwhelmed newbs and others less experienced and/or successful, from a bizness standpoint, seems fair.
dynamic pricing is not the answer - at least not for the NBAsim, (maybe SLB is different) - capping the assists exploit would do a lot more towards addressing the kind of issues you touch on for the NBA sim - I do know that dynamic pricing was implemented for SLB before and most of the survivors I've heard from hated it
2/27/2022 2:48 PM
Dynamic pricing was a disaster and I'm glad that won't be returning.
2/27/2022 3:49 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 2/27/2022 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Dynamic pricing was a disaster and I'm glad that won't be returning.
Well it was certainly a disaster as implemented, no question about that. I'd guess/suggest there are ways to implement it that would NOT be a disaster though they'd likely take a bit of extra coding and storage. Of course the biggest issue with the previous iteration as I've understood it was a bug / software defect where the number of player uses wasn't reset after each pricing period. That cause a huge amount of skew that still hasn't been corrected in multiple years now
2/28/2022 1:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Roadmap Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.