Roadmap Questions Topic

Posted by copernicus on 2/28/2022 1:24:00 AM (view original):
or just get the salary valuation process to properly represent actual value to the engine such that there are not the market inequities that lead to those practices - most of the reason (in the NBA sim at least) that people pick that Lebron season all the time is that it is the best value per - get that part right and this isn't a problem
This is more the direction we're hoping to go.
2/28/2022 10:46 AM
that's an admirable goal but I think there are more variables than you can possibly price for. in baseball in particular the way players from different eras interact with each other is extremely difficult to both price accurately and maintain anything close to real-life performance at lower caps.

i hope you can pull it off, but I'd be stunned if you're able to price MLB players from 1885 on so accurately that no cookies emerge. that would be an incredible feat of programming.
2/28/2022 10:58 AM
Love the roadmap and community involvement. You guys are the best.

Edit to add a roadmap-related question: So all of the base code should be updated around July? That's pretty impressive.
2/28/2022 10:10 PM (edited)
Posted by mlitney on 2/28/2022 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Love the roadmap and community involvement. You guys are the best.

Edit to add a roadmap-related question: So all of the base code should be updated around July? That's pretty impressive.
That is the hope that the base coding is done by the middle of the year.
3/1/2022 10:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by cubcub113 on 3/7/2022 10:51:00 AM (view original):
How easy is it for you guys to add a new world to HD from a coding perspective? Is this expected in the near future?
I can't attest to the complexity of adding a new world but in regards to adding one IF we did, it wouldn't likely happen until the new version was released.
3/7/2022 2:06 PM
Posted by jholthus on 3/7/2022 2:06:00 PM (view original):
How easy is it for you guys to add a new world to HD from a coding perspective? Is this expected in the near future?
I can't attest to the complexity of adding a new world but in regards to adding one IF we did, it wouldn't likely happen until the new version was released.
By "new version", do you just mean updated code base? Or are you planning major changes akin to the 3.0 update (besides the firing logic)?
3/28/2022 2:26 PM
Posted by mlitney on 3/28/2022 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jholthus on 3/7/2022 2:06:00 PM (view original):
By "new version", do you just mean updated code base? Or are you planning major changes akin to the 3.0 update (besides the firing logic)?
The idea would be both. New engine logic as well as new UI and features.
3/28/2022 4:38 PM
Posted by Mwett on 2/27/2022 3:26:00 PM (view original):
" We are hoping with the rewrite/other updates that it will help make pricing of players more realistic. "

This won't solve anything except to create a different kind of problem. And judging by the above NBA example, similar issues with other sports player pricing and/or SIM play.

No matter what is created that stays constant (other than the constant change of dynamic pricing), there will ALWAYS be opportunity for exploitation. The player name and year of the cookie may be different, but it'll still taste like a cookie.
Maybe wait to see what the the plan is before determining it won’t work. This is, after all, their job and expertise.
3/28/2022 5:15 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 2/28/2022 10:58:00 AM (view original):
that's an admirable goal but I think there are more variables than you can possibly price for. in baseball in particular the way players from different eras interact with each other is extremely difficult to both price accurately and maintain anything close to real-life performance at lower caps.

i hope you can pull it off, but I'd be stunned if you're able to price MLB players from 1885 on so accurately that no cookies emerge. that would be an incredible feat of programming.
I’m curious to see what they do.

No matter what’s done, there will always be a “best value” for x dollars. But am willing to keep open mind
3/28/2022 5:17 PM
in a perfect world

all value is perfectly priced

so much so that value does not exist

luck wins the day!
3/28/2022 5:35 PM
I just wish there was an option to display the salaries at their base levels without dynamic pricing changes. I only play progressives and not open leagues so I don't care about the dynamic pricing. Sometimes salary is a quick and dirty way of comparing two players when deciding who to draft and I'd love the option to just completely ignore them.
3/29/2022 4:09 PM
crazyjoe, if you download the salary spreadsheet, it includes the base salary data. Very easy to sort and compare by players.
3/29/2022 4:34 PM
I know that. They added it to the spreadsheet after I asked about this exact issue. I just wish I could toggle something in the player search screen to go back to base salary.
3/29/2022 7:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Roadmap Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.