Roadmap Questions Topic

It was mentioned in the original stand-alone post that there were changes coming to Hardball Dynasty, most likely in April. I am commish in a world that is just wrapping up a season and was wondering if these changes will be taking effect soon.
4/12/2022 6:49 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 4/12/2022 6:49:00 PM (view original):
It was mentioned in the original stand-alone post that there were changes coming to Hardball Dynasty, most likely in April. I am commish in a world that is just wrapping up a season and was wondering if these changes will be taking effect soon.
I'm not sure about HBD, but for the big upcoming change in HD, they said they would announce it and then give a 1 season grace period so everyone would have time to adjust.

I doubt they would just throw in an update without proper warning.
4/13/2022 12:56 PM
Just wondering if we're still on for updates to HBD this month. The stadium updates and minor league growth bonus effect will be nice.

With that being said, I think the elephant in the room, from an HBD perspective, is still injury recovery. It'd be nice to know when we can expect injury recovery to be patched. Right now, it is the most broken part of the game. Again, it's not frequency of injury. It's injury recovery.
4/19/2022 2:49 PM
Posted by tlowster on 4/19/2022 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Just wondering if we're still on for updates to HBD this month. The stadium updates and minor league growth bonus effect will be nice.

With that being said, I think the elephant in the room, from an HBD perspective, is still injury recovery. It'd be nice to know when we can expect injury recovery to be patched. Right now, it is the most broken part of the game. Again, it's not frequency of injury. It's injury recovery.
The HD Firings update that was estimated for March still hasn't happened yet so things might be pushed back a bit.
4/25/2022 1:04 PM
For SLB would an option for theme leagues that can use/not use the current dynamic pricing be possible?
That would eliminate some of the nonsense in OLs while letting theme league creators not be forced into having it.
5/19/2022 1:08 PM
Posted by TulsaG on 5/19/2022 1:08:00 PM (view original):
For SLB would an option for theme leagues that can use/not use the current dynamic pricing be possible?
That would eliminate some of the nonsense in OLs while letting theme league creators not be forced into having it.
Hello, right now the dynamic pricing isn't an update we're adding soon but might be something down the road. With the rewrite we hope to add a variety of league options to make them more customizable, this could be an option we implement during league setup.
5/19/2022 2:58 PM
With dynamic pricing going away and no current plan of implementing right now, could you just revert all current salaries back to pre-dynamic pricing as a sorta quick and easy change while waiting for the re-write?

Would be a fun way to change things up for a couple months at least, knowing that salaries would change soon.
5/20/2022 12:36 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 5/20/2022 12:36:00 PM (view original):
With dynamic pricing going away and no current plan of implementing right now, could you just revert all current salaries back to pre-dynamic pricing as a sorta quick and easy change while waiting for the re-write?

Would be a fun way to change things up for a couple months at least, knowing that salaries would change soon.
We won't be doing any updates of this nature to the game since the rewrite is to be one of the first ones to get done
5/20/2022 7:50 PM
So the HD Firing Logic isn't going to happen? It seems to be missing from the 5/19 update.
5/24/2022 2:24 PM
Yes, when will it be implemented?
5/24/2022 4:20 PM
Posted by mlitney on 5/24/2022 2:24:00 PM (view original):
So the HD Firing Logic isn't going to happen? It seems to be missing from the 5/19 update.
Hello,

With the amount of time and effort the devs have needed to put into getting the core update completed we decided to push back any update that we felt wasn't ready to push live to the site. The core update will help with future implementation and upgrade user interaction. We want to try to get the job firing process and expectations done well so there aren't issues when it goes live. We understand the disappointment by this news but are prioritizing what will be best for the site and entire community and are working on getting the new site rolled out asap.
5/25/2022 1:04 PM
Posted by jholthus on 5/25/2022 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mlitney on 5/24/2022 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Hello,

With the amount of time and effort the devs have needed to put into getting the core update completed we decided to push back any update that we felt wasn't ready to push live to the site. The core update will help with future implementation and upgrade user interaction. We want to try to get the job firing process and expectations done well so there aren't issues when it goes live. We understand the disappointment by this news but are prioritizing what will be best for the site and entire community and are working on getting the new site rolled out asap.
Thanks. I'm not disappointed at all, as I'm excited to see the core update get completed. I think most users will completely understand as long as it's communicated with transparency.

Good luck with everything and thanks for all your hard work!
5/27/2022 11:26 AM
Kinda random question, but right now for SLB, when looking at the records page there’s a “current” and “OLD - prior to Oct 2005” option for records.

with rewriting the code, will there be/can there be a 3rd grouping for Records post-core update?
5/29/2022 10:05 PM
dynamic pricing really saved sim baseball for me. i had played for many years and then stopped after i kept playing the same teams over and over. the "cheat code" of what players way out-performed their salaries was well known. EVERYBODY had Tim Raines and Addie Joss. the salary adjustments sorta saved the game for many of us. i hope the new re-write does indeed solve the problem permanently. but i have to admit, over the past 20 years i've seen a lot of ideas and good intentions and few solid results. hoops dynasty has had issues for years, and sim NBA is getting into the same mess baseball once had with the same players on every team. Hardball Dynasty is solid. Expensive as **** but solid. GD is a mess with the "elite" teams being way too powerful (i call it "deva vu sports" instead of whatif over there since there's no surprises).

it would be cool to have GD show player records the way HD does.

ryno is right on in regards to the SLB user records. that would be goof for the sim basketball as well.

i could REALLY help with HD improvement ideas if welcome (ie freshmen effectiveness first season and recruiting improvements).

good luck with everything. this site is so unique and i've been here for 20 years now. will be happy to stay longer with well-thought changes and improvements. holler at me if i can help in any way.
5/30/2022 6:47 PM
i see now that the State Farm issue is being resolved - strike that from my list!! and thanks for that!!
5/30/2022 6:50 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Roadmap Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.