Roadmap Questions Topic

Any updates for hockey? And will there be an app?
5/30/2022 7:27 PM
Posted by gigrant on 5/30/2022 6:47:00 PM (view original):
dynamic pricing really saved sim baseball for me. i had played for many years and then stopped after i kept playing the same teams over and over. the "cheat code" of what players way out-performed their salaries was well known. EVERYBODY had Tim Raines and Addie Joss. the salary adjustments sorta saved the game for many of us. i hope the new re-write does indeed solve the problem permanently. but i have to admit, over the past 20 years i've seen a lot of ideas and good intentions and few solid results. hoops dynasty has had issues for years, and sim NBA is getting into the same mess baseball once had with the same players on every team. Hardball Dynasty is solid. Expensive as **** but solid. GD is a mess with the "elite" teams being way too powerful (i call it "deva vu sports" instead of whatif over there since there's no surprises).

it would be cool to have GD show player records the way HD does.

ryno is right on in regards to the SLB user records. that would be goof for the sim basketball as well.

i could REALLY help with HD improvement ideas if welcome (ie freshmen effectiveness first season and recruiting improvements).

good luck with everything. this site is so unique and i've been here for 20 years now. will be happy to stay longer with well-thought changes and improvements. holler at me if i can help in any way.
Thanks for the feedback and a lot of these mentioned issues are things we hope to address with any updates and with the rewrites.
6/1/2022 7:45 AM
Posted by tnuhnai67 on 5/30/2022 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Any updates for hockey? And will there be an app?
SLH will likely be updated when it is rewritten which will happen sometime after SLB. We are still working on getting the app. There are discussions within SportsHub and how/when we can get that done.
6/1/2022 7:48 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 5/29/2022 10:05:00 PM (view original):
Kinda random question, but right now for SLB, when looking at the records page there’s a “current” and “OLD - prior to Oct 2005” option for records.

with rewriting the code, will there be/can there be a 3rd grouping for Records post-core update?
Reposting this in case it got missed on the new page. If no plans right now, it’s fine but wanted to make sure this was on radar.
6/1/2022 10:36 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 6/1/2022 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Kinda random question, but right now for SLB, when looking at the records page there’s a “current” and “OLD - prior to Oct 2005” option for records.

with rewriting the code, will there be/can there be a 3rd grouping for Records post-core update?
Reposting this in case it got missed on the new page. If no plans right now, it’s fine but wanted to make sure this was on radar.
Hello,

Sorry for missing this. I don't know what the specifics will look like but we can definitely discuss the option to allow more flexible options.
6/3/2022 10:22 AM
Posted by jholthus on 6/3/2022 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chargingryno on 6/1/2022 10:36:00 AM (view original):

Hello,

Sorry for missing this. I don't know what the specifics will look like but we can definitely discuss the option to allow more flexible options.
Something that would be great, but idk how doable, would be able to sort records per user. So I could go on and see what my individual records are for all of the different stats.
6/6/2022 5:23 PM
We still looking at June for the stadium update in HBD?

Also, anything on injury recovery (the most broken part of the game)?

Finally, with all the open Worlds, are there going to be any promotions or advertisements for HBD in and around the upcoming All Star break? It would likely help fill the Worlds.
6/18/2022 12:28 PM
Posted by tlowster on 6/18/2022 12:28:00 PM (view original):
We still looking at June for the stadium update in HBD?

Also, anything on injury recovery (the most broken part of the game)?

Finally, with all the open Worlds, are there going to be any promotions or advertisements for HBD in and around the upcoming All Star break? It would likely help fill the Worlds.
I will have to double check the stadium update, I think it is good to go and the next time we push an update I think it will go out but I will circle back for sure.

There is nothing on the injury recovery at this time.

We are working to find ways to assist the worlds that are having issues filling. We haven't had much discussion about upcoming promotions as we are sort of running some to get worlds with a lot of openings to help fill but we can look into doing something possibly.
6/22/2022 9:12 AM
Posted by jholthus on 2/24/2022 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/23/2022 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I think the Bill Russell new defense rating updates was very very welcomed and appreciated.
Are there plans to incorporate in some way Negro Baseball players into the MLB database.

Thank you.
Right now there is there aren't plans to do a Negro League update into SLB but we do know that this is something that quite a few in the community would like to see so it's something we haven't said no to, just no plans at this time.
I hope you will make plans to add NeL players in the database. It would be such a welcome addition.
7/4/2022 2:59 AM
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not versed in the coder lingo that you use.

What is a "core update" and what effect will that have on game play and strategy in GD?
8/13/2022 4:05 AM
Posted by ekatzen on 8/13/2022 4:05:00 AM (view original):
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not versed in the coder lingo that you use.

What is a "core update" and what effect will that have on game play and strategy in GD?
None at this time. The core update is for the core coding in the site that is the base for all of the games and how the site operates. This will feature a new UI and get all of the coding in one "language" and to a place that future implementation of updates will be easier. It should also help it so that any "breaks" shouldn't affect as much of the site as they can and do now.
8/16/2022 10:34 AM
So is this rewrite primarily related to web-based items - like the UI you noted - or actually to the background game engines themselves? Or both?
8/17/2022 9:32 PM
Posted by gigrant on 5/30/2022 6:47:00 PM (view original):
dynamic pricing really saved sim baseball for me. i had played for many years and then stopped after i kept playing the same teams over and over. the "cheat code" of what players way out-performed their salaries was well known. EVERYBODY had Tim Raines and Addie Joss. the salary adjustments sorta saved the game for many of us. i hope the new re-write does indeed solve the problem permanently. but i have to admit, over the past 20 years i've seen a lot of ideas and good intentions and few solid results. hoops dynasty has had issues for years, and sim NBA is getting into the same mess baseball once had with the same players on every team. Hardball Dynasty is solid. Expensive as **** but solid. GD is a mess with the "elite" teams being way too powerful (i call it "deva vu sports" instead of whatif over there since there's no surprises).

it would be cool to have GD show player records the way HD does.

ryno is right on in regards to the SLB user records. that would be goof for the sim basketball as well.

i could REALLY help with HD improvement ideas if welcome (ie freshmen effectiveness first season and recruiting improvements).

good luck with everything. this site is so unique and i've been here for 20 years now. will be happy to stay longer with well-thought changes and improvements. holler at me if i can help in any way.
In SIM hockey you have a lot of players who are the reverse of a cheat code. Peter Mahovlich D 93 rate never puts up good numbers. Phil Esposito should be kind of dominating but he never does much. Bobby Hull never shines in SIM hockey either..

Jholtus has a team in a SIM hockey league (he did lousy) but I assume you are trying to get a sense of how the thing works.. So as a long time member, I am glad to see someone is working to get this fixed.. or at least more consistent. BTW I got ousted in round one by mOlly P who has played 6 $ sim seasons.. I have played a few more..

Talk to your members, because most of us wonder if you even exist ;-)
9/19/2022 8:24 AM
Posted by sirbiff on 8/17/2022 9:32:00 PM (view original):
So is this rewrite primarily related to web-based items - like the UI you noted - or actually to the background game engines themselves? Or both?
Both
9/19/2022 12:50 PM
Posted by upsetcity on 2/25/2022 8:31:00 PM (view original):
I love that HD is finally getting a sensible firing system, and love it even more that the community was listened to with tweaks made to the initial plan, but I’m really curious - what’s in the “up next” plans for HD?

I wouldn’t ask for a timeline or anything since that’s not fair to y’all but what’re 2-3 things you plan to change or incorporate next in HD?

Wondering what you guys had in mind for HD moving forward? As well as if there any more accurate timeline for projected release on the upcoming update.

thanks!
9/29/2022 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Roadmap Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.