Roadmap Questions Topic

I hope sometime in the future that Simleague baseball Live play will be either updated or perhaps it'll start working again after the core update? Not sure and no rush but this site was packed back when you could sim live league games as long as both owners were online....it was the best feature on the site at the time.....I think a live feature for most of the different leagues would add value and Moore customers that stick around.
10/2/2022 6:48 AM
Posted by upsetcity on 9/29/2022 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 2/25/2022 8:31:00 PM (view original):
I love that HD is finally getting a sensible firing system, and love it even more that the community was listened to with tweaks made to the initial plan, but I’m really curious - what’s in the “up next” plans for HD?

I wouldn’t ask for a timeline or anything since that’s not fair to y’all but what’re 2-3 things you plan to change or incorporate next in HD?

Wondering what you guys had in mind for HD moving forward? As well as if there any more accurate timeline for projected release on the upcoming update.

thanks!
Right now we haven't honed in on specifics for either of these unfortunately. The core rewrite has made good progress and with us starting on the SimLeagues first we haven't considered what HD will look like yet. Hopefully we can get a more accurate timeframe for things out soon so I know everyone would appreciate this.
10/3/2022 11:49 AM
Posted by YoureKillinM on 10/2/2022 6:48:00 AM (view original):
I hope sometime in the future that Simleague baseball Live play will be either updated or perhaps it'll start working again after the core update? Not sure and no rush but this site was packed back when you could sim live league games as long as both owners were online....it was the best feature on the site at the time.....I think a live feature for most of the different leagues would add value and Moore customers that stick around.
The live play feature is something that has been in discussions as we know the community would like this feature.
10/3/2022 11:50 AM
Posted by jholthus on 10/3/2022 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 9/29/2022 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 2/25/2022 8:31:00 PM (view original):
I love that HD is finally getting a sensible firing system, and love it even more that the community was listened to with tweaks made to the initial plan, but I’m really curious - what’s in the “up next” plans for HD?

I wouldn’t ask for a timeline or anything since that’s not fair to y’all but what’re 2-3 things you plan to change or incorporate next in HD?

Wondering what you guys had in mind for HD moving forward? As well as if there any more accurate timeline for projected release on the upcoming update.

thanks!
Right now we haven't honed in on specifics for either of these unfortunately. The core rewrite has made good progress and with us starting on the SimLeagues first we haven't considered what HD will look like yet. Hopefully we can get a more accurate timeframe for things out soon so I know everyone would appreciate this.
Ay. I know that rewriting the core code must be hard as balls, and I (and I'm sure many many others) appreciate your investment in doing that task for the site's long term health.
10/4/2022 11:17 PM
Appreciate the updates - as mentioned numberous times before - it would go so far to get regular updates like this, even if there is little to no progress, over nothing.
11/14/2022 1:50 PM
If the updates come once a quarter, I guess the next update will be February.
1/14/2023 6:43 PM
Is there an expected timeline for the next update?
3/22/2023 5:00 PM
Posted by JMH131 on 3/22/2023 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Is there an expected timeline for the next update?
I'd also love to know. Any updates are exciting so I'd like to know how the core update is going!
3/27/2023 3:41 PM
Hello,

The core rewrite has made some great progress but due to some restructuring within SportsHub we are going to change direction with updates for a time. The plan is to bring out regular, likely smaller updates to the various games but we are looking to focus on addressing some of the major pain points expressed by the community across the different games.
3/31/2023 11:45 AM
Posted by jholthus on 3/31/2023 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Hello,

The core rewrite has made some great progress but due to some restructuring within SportsHub we are going to change direction with updates for a time. The plan is to bring out regular, likely smaller updates to the various games but we are looking to focus on addressing some of the major pain points expressed by the community across the different games.
I hope that injury recovery is #1 on the HBD hit list.
4/1/2023 1:17 PM
Hello,

Does this mean that the team is no longer working on the core rewrite, developing the app, etc.? As a legacy user, I love whatif and don’t plan to leave, but I am a bit frustrated because I think whatif has great potential for growth (and profitability). I feel like first Fox and now Sportshub have given up on this site. There’s a vicious cycle of not giving whatif the resources it needs to succeed and then determining it’s not profitable and pulling additional resources.
4/2/2023 10:17 AM
Posted by tlowster on 4/1/2023 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Hello,

This : from 3 years ago from an HBD long-term very successful owner who just quit a league pre-season after having already paid for it. Italics/Bold/Underline mine for emphasis. The only think worse than crickets is face-plant promises and rinse repeat excuses again and again and . . .

" I have played this game for a long time now, almost since the beginning of HBD. The only feature of this game that makes me consider quitting is the long-term injury frequency coupled with the broken medical recovery system. As pointed out by others, essentially almost all long-term injuries to your star players or prospects is a death sentence, even if you devote $20M to Medical (which I have done in about 98% of my almost 300 seasons). The only hope for any reasonable recovery is if you have get a super long-term injury that carries over into the next season. I have now lost too many franchise cornerstones or prospects to count. It quite literally disincentivizes retention, particularly for newer owners in a world. Quite frankly, this is a bad business practice for a product designed to engender long-term commitment to a franchise. Please fix this! "
4/3/2023 1:11 PM
Posted by Mwett on 4/3/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Hello,

This : from 3 years ago from an HBD long-term very successful owner who just quit a league pre-season after having already paid for it. Italics/Bold/Underline mine for emphasis. The only think worse than crickets is face-plant promises and rinse repeat excuses again and again and . . .

" I have played this game for a long time now, almost since the beginning of HBD. The only feature of this game that makes me consider quitting is the long-term injury frequency coupled with the broken medical recovery system. As pointed out by others, essentially almost all long-term injuries to your star players or prospects is a death sentence, even if you devote $20M to Medical (which I have done in about 98% of my almost 300 seasons). The only hope for any reasonable recovery is if you have get a super long-term injury that carries over into the next season. I have now lost too many franchise cornerstones or prospects to count. It quite literally disincentivizes retention, particularly for newer owners in a world. Quite frankly, this is a bad business practice for a product designed to engender long-term commitment to a franchise. Please fix this! "
As a manager of a team that had world series aspirations just watch my top four SPs, three of whom had 90+ health, go down for season ending injuries before the all star break I cannot agree more strongly. This is some major league garbage.
4/3/2023 7:46 PM
Posted by JMH131 on 4/2/2023 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Hello,

Does this mean that the team is no longer working on the core rewrite, developing the app, etc.? As a legacy user, I love whatif and don’t plan to leave, but I am a bit frustrated because I think whatif has great potential for growth (and profitability). I feel like first Fox and now Sportshub have given up on this site. There’s a vicious cycle of not giving whatif the resources it needs to succeed and then determining it’s not profitable and pulling additional resources.
It does mean that at this time we are pausing going in this direction with the site. The plan is to focus on the games as they are and make adjustments that the communities have expressed would be important.
4/4/2023 10:16 AM
Posted by FW_Kekionga on 4/3/2023 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Mwett on 4/3/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Hello,

As a manager of a team that had world series aspirations just watch my top four SPs, three of whom had 90+ health, go down for season ending injuries before the all star break I cannot agree more strongly. This is some major league garbage.
We do have plans to address medical and training budgets and how they affect injuries and injury recovery.
4/4/2023 10:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Roadmap Questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.