PUTIN: Damn Dead President Today Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 3/23/2022 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 3/22/2022 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Someone needs to pay a borschthead 10,600 rubles and get this over with. :)
I don't think Putin's death is currently in the best interests of the US or the West in general.

Another lesson that becomes abundantly clear when reading history is that when autocrats die without a clearly-defined succession plan, it tends to get messy. As of right now, Putin does not seem to have a succession plan in place. Presumably, if he dies, there will be an election. If that had happened 20 years ago the results of the election would probably have held. Maybe they would have elected another autocrat who also would have undermined the nascent democracy, maybe they would have elected a true Democrat, who knows? It didn't happen. But at this point everyone knows the election process is basically meaningless. The election will happen, but you can't expect everyone to respect it. Other people who have a lot of money, or control armies, or just have big popular voices will still go ahead and say "look, everybody knows Russian elections can't be trusted. I'm going to take power and hold a new, fair election." And then you have a civil war.

Remember back in the 90s when everybody was scared about what happened to the Soviet nuclear arsenal? Putin is not a nice guy. Both personally and politically he seems like an aggressive, unpleasant, amoral at best individual. But he's strong. He has kept the country under control, and the same obsession with Russia controlling everything the Soviets once did that won't let him leave an independent Ukraine alone has also led to tight controls over the nuclear arsenal. In a civil war, whose to say nobody would use one? Or, recognizing that maybe nuking the people you're trying to rule isn't setting you up for success, whose to say somebody doesn't sell one or two to the highest bidding terrorist organization or organized rebellion to finance their conventional war for power? A divided and anarchic Russia leaves a lot of very dangerous weapons poorly controlled and guarded. That's not good for us.
I decided to check in.
OMG - such a bunch of gibberish and wasted words.
im not going to check in very often but how about some concise common sense.
If he is replaced by coup it is because the inner circle does not like what he is doing.
The new leader has to be better. Very very very unlikely to be happy about the war.

There won’t be an election until the war is over in any scenario.
So RSVP is right in the sense of getting Putin out and if he is ousted it would be by political coup.

I never said I would never post and I don’t even read any posts anymore but when I saw all these posts from the disagreeable little big man I decided to chime in. I will every blue moon or so.
3/23/2022 3:24 PM
Year Month Blue Moon Dates UTC Time
2023 August Friday, August 30, 2023 21:35 EST 02:35 UTC
(August 31, 2023)
2025 December December 4, 2025 18:14 EST
(seasonal)
23:14 UTC
2026 May Sunday, May 31, 2026 04:45 EST 09:45 UTC
2027 May Thursday May 20, 2027 06:59 EST
(seasonal)
11:59 UTC
2029 August Thursday, August 23, 2029 21:51 EST
(seasonal)
02:51 UTC
(August 24, 2029)
3/23/2022 3:39 PM (edited)
I'm trying to decide if you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote or if you're just unbelievably naive.

I'm talking about an internal coup. It doesn't matter. You really think a group of people are going to just kill Putin, seize power, and the rest of the country is just going to be like "oh, yeah, that's cool." ????

That's not how it happens. Some army is going to say "hey, you can't just kill the guy whose been raising our paychecks for the past few decades and use that as a springboard to rule the country. We're going to come get you and put our general in control." Some oligarch is going to say "hey, this is still a democratic country. We need to elect a new ruler. I'm going to take over, hold an election, and if I just happen to win it then so be it."

Seriously, pick any time and place in history with an autocratic government and start making a list of times guys were killed or ousted by their inner circles in political coups. Then count how many times there ISN'T a civil war. You aren't going to find many. I can make a list for you, but then you'll say I'm cherry-picking, so I'm at least going to give you a chance to try this exercise for yourself. You should have all that time you aren't posting in to work on it. Maybe start with Julius Caesar and go from there.
3/23/2022 4:00 PM
Damn Dahs...........Caesar was the ONE I knew.........now I'm never gonna get smart.
Where's Stephanie Ruhle when I need her............?
3/23/2022 5:06 PM
3/23/2022 6:33 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/23/2022 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 3/23/2022 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/23/2022 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 3/19/2022 11:00:00 AM (view original):
ukraine

same size as texas, one point five times the population

russia

same size as canada and china combined, half the population of US of A

the big question is How bad does vlad wanna be

hard to answer. when secret policemen get their *** kicked do they go quietly
I think something has happened with Putin (could be his long term strategy unfolding) and I believe he will not hesitate to use a Nuke or 5 if he sees fit. He is a most evil man.

I wish the US had:
  1. Withdrawn from Afg the day they got O B Laden.. They would be out of there, but this thing went on for 20 years, and along with the Iraq war, has drained the US of over two trillion dollars.
  2. With the extra 'wiggle room' had built the Nuke umbrella and increased their military might.
  3. Not elected the farce they have in office
  4. Finished that wall
I miss JFK, because he even knew this would eventually happen. Unlike the current regime, he understood the mind of the bully. So did Ronald Reagan and Eisenhower (sp) Pukf Putin would not try this if one of those guys were in (or someone of like mind( and if conditions 1 to 3 had been met.

Sad to say this, but the US is no longer the worlds leading power.. although they were for like over 200 years.

The politicians running the current show in both our countries are Marxist - anti free enterprise devils who are deliberately destroying both countries, and they have brainwashed the voters into believing in them.

Within 7-8 years the world will be run by globalist dictators, and Freedom will be a memory.

If Trump had been re elected, this plan would not be going ahead so well, because he is an anti marxist. and Putin doesn't know what Trump would do

I don't know if he is Gog or not. Some will say he is.. but nothing would surprise me

I cannot think of one country on this planet .. ONE country that has a God fearing, leader. They are all reprobates. .

It is going to be an interesting drama.. and it will affect every one of us.. even you.

IF trump had been reelected, I think Putin knows exactly what he would have done...exactly what Putin wanted him too. Trump loves him some Putin.

So, because none of the country leaders fear YOUR God, they are all reprobates? Makes sense.
You can't say if who is Gog? And what is Gog?
There is only ONE God, but if you would like me to rephrase it:

I cannot think of one country on this planet that has an honest or trustworthy leader who actually cares for the people They are not interested in serving their electorate, but are more into controlling them.
Maybe there is only one God. What makes you think it is the one you believe in? Why not the one I believe in? Or the one a Muslim believes in? If I believe in God, (I'm not saying I do or I don't. Its none of your business) it is not the God you believe in. Not saying i am right and you are wrong. You may be right, and I may be wrong. I don't know. The fact that you apparently think you do know is besides the point and evidence of nothing.
3/23/2022 9:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
why would I want to call Rev Canada or the CEO of CP Rail. I don't live in Canada.
3/24/2022 10:05 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/24/2022 10:05:00 PM (view original):
why would I want to call Rev Canada or the CEO of CP Rail. I don't live in Canada.
Then don't call them, You totally missed my point. Perhaps willingly
3/25/2022 2:59 AM
3/25/2022 5:23 PM
7th russian general dead in a month

that's two per week. maybe everyone's a general in ruslandia

or maybe ol chest bemedaled rusty's gettin his *** kicked and feels enough professional shame to
  1. earn his pay
  2. get to the front
  3. lead his troops in the ancient tradition
meaning
  1. die for his country
  2. go down with his boys
  3. lie wherever forever
i give them credit

this is going so unwell for Putin he will not use CBR

CBR is a decider or a death bed avenger

he done lost the war there is no deciding to be done

he is a survivor
3/26/2022 6:51 AM (edited)

3/25/2022 6:03 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2022 2:59:00 AM (view original):
Then don't call them, You totally missed my point. Perhaps willingly
Wasn't aware you even had a point
3/25/2022 6:47 PM
OK just liken it to the IRS. I think you get this
3/28/2022 11:05 PM
◂ Prev 12
PUTIN: Damn Dead President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.