Devastating news.My deepest condolences to all David's family and friends.
5/10/2022 12:17 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 5/10/2022 11:54:00 AM (view original):
I would agree with the memorial idea of keeping his teams in, and having someone do the auto rest and player hierarchies. And maybe someone checking in every couple days. That would seem like the proper send-off.
If this could be pulled off, it'd really be something.

Maybe six selected owners could each take over one of his teams with his name being part of the team's name. The fact that they're rostered, I think, is meaningful and would love to see his teams compete.
5/10/2022 12:29 PM
Thank you for sharing this tragic news. Praying for him and his family.
5/10/2022 12:33 PM
Terrible news...always a nice guy. I've commished for schwarze before in the tourney. If you need me George, I can help by running a few of the leagues.
5/10/2022 1:29 PM (edited)
schwarze has volunteered to take over wink's teams and help with roster verification, so we'll go with that makes it much easier logistically to have one person in charge of all of them

5/10/2022 1:46 PM
If you are interesting in learning more about David's life, the man behind the "wink0094" screen name, here is his obituary:
https://www.pagenkopf.com/obituaries/David-J-Winkelman?obId=24673532
5/10/2022 1:58 PM
Posted by NebHusker on 5/10/2022 1:58:00 PM (view original):
If you are interesting in learning more about David's life, the man behind the "wink0094" screen name, here is his obituary:
Thanks for this. Seems like he was a good dude.
5/10/2022 2:03 PM
This is such a sad and unfortunate way to be reminded of how much of a community we are here, even without knowing most people here in any other context. Or even in most cases even their names.

I spend more time on this site than probably any other, and I’m so appreciative of the camaraderie and competition here. This seems as good a time as ever just to express gratitude to everyone for being part of something I treasure.
5/10/2022 2:06 PM
So sorry to hear about this… So young, with so much left to do :( Hate to hear it… Sending my deepest condolences to their family.

We should change the name of the current WIS WS to Wink’s WIS WS.
5/10/2022 2:16 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 5/10/2022 1:46:00 PM (view original):
schwarze has volunteered to take over wink's teams and help with roster verification, so we'll go with that makes it much easier logistically to have one person in charge of all of them

Once admin transfers his teams over to me, I will start the roster checking process.

I will manage his teams as if they were my own. I will not accept a bid into Round 2 though (if warranted). Doesn't feel right to take a spot away from somebody who spent hours building rosters.

Thanks for the obit link NebHusker.
5/10/2022 2:22 PM
So cool of Schwarze to do. Here’s to hoping wink wins one of these themes.
5/10/2022 3:01 PM
Oh man, that is terrible news. The obit was really nice to read. What a good human! Will definately dedicate a team or two to him.
5/10/2022 3:10 PM
Posted by redcped on 5/10/2022 2:06:00 PM (view original):
This is such a sad and unfortunate way to be reminded of how much of a community we are here, even without knowing most people here in any other context. Or even in most cases even their names.

I spend more time on this site than probably any other, and I’m so appreciative of the camaraderie and competition here. This seems as good a time as ever just to express gratitude to everyone for being part of something I treasure.
Well said, sir. For 15+ years I have been a part of this community, through highs and lows, job changes, a divorce, my oldest child’s college graduation, deaths of family members. I’m so grateful to the WIS community for the constant fellowship, friendship, and fun competition.
5/10/2022 3:11 PM
I'm the same as you contrarian and redcped...I love this site, and the many great members I've encountered since 04. This is a gut punch.
5/10/2022 3:19 PM
Posted by NebHusker on 5/10/2022 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Thank you for posting the obituary I was saddened to be informed by contrarian of David's passing. Just horrible news. wink00094 was a good competitor and a reliable SIMMER. While I didn't know him personally, the obit helped me put a person to the name. He'll be missed. Darn it.
5/10/2022 3:27 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.