41... that's the worst. RIP.
5/10/2022 9:17 PM
Sad news. Geez, he was so young. Condolences to his family.
5/10/2022 11:09 PM
Wow, so very sorry to hear about this. Hard to believe. So many apt things have already been said. Praying for David's wife and extended family - and thanks for posting the obituary, a nice insight into the man.

Another affirmation on how tough Wink was in this game. He just whipped the other 23 of us in Doc's Stadium Tourney #3 just a couple months ago. He not only won, but it wasn't even close as he took the top pay-out. On top of that, he was super helpful with the standings page. And an even stronger case for him in this game - I see he's made the cage in the WISC the last FOUR years (finishing as high as 4th) - impressive!!
5/12/2022 12:02 AM
Admin has successfully transferred all of wink's WISC teams to schwarze.

In our correspondence, Mrs. Wink asked if there was a way to cash out wink's site credits. I told her all you can really do with them is play for free or buy a WIS t-shirt, so she asked if there was a way to donate them to someone. I suggested adding them to the WISC prize pool and she said she thought wink would have loved that.

So there will be at least another $167 added to the prize pool. I am still trying to decide how best to award it, but I am thinking of paying out a few more spots for owners who fall just short of the second round, and then creating a Wink Award for some sort of achievement (best overall first round record, most playoff teams, best individual team record). Let me know what you think.

5/12/2022 12:02 PM
George, some good ideas there. I thought of a possibility....best team record that failed to make the playoffs. Some really great teams go unrewarded in leagues because they're stuck in the same division with other great teams. Just a thought...
5/12/2022 1:12 PM
Perhaps increase the payout for the best record teams in each salary cap, and give an award for best team overall.

There's usually a few folks who perform better each 1/6 of the way, perhaps they get something...
5/12/2022 5:14 PM (edited)
George, is there a revised date to have all teams entered?
5/12/2022 5:41 PM
Shame they took away the Amazon GCs.
5/12/2022 8:53 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/12/2022 5:41:00 PM (view original):
George, is there a revised date to have all teams entered?
I believe he said a week, so I'm guessing the 23rd.
5/12/2022 10:34 PM
Amen, d_rock97. What BS explanation did they give you?
5/13/2022 12:00 AM
Someone said they were told not enough interest...
5/13/2022 6:52 AM
Posted by teamhydro on 5/13/2022 12:00:00 AM (view original):
Amen, d_rock97. What BS explanation did they give you?
Not that I agree with it, but if the site is floundering a bit and they're trying to increase interest and revenues, I could see them wanting to keep that money on the site, rather than paying for people to shop elsewhere. Hopefully they can make the site profitable again and they'll return.
5/13/2022 9:56 AM
you people suck

surely very creative people such as yourselves could figure out a way to get the widow his money

WHICH SHE FLAT OUT ASKED FOR

"Mrs. Wink asked if there was a way to cash out wink's site credits"

but you all are like We love him please don let his dead body get in the way of our game

you people suck

condolences my ***

give her his money

you miss him so much
5/13/2022 10:20 AM
Dude, what power do we have to give him the money? WIS has it. Direct your rant at them. I guarantee everyone here would much rather it go to his wife than someone in the tournament.
5/13/2022 10:42 AM
bullsh*t

i got $10

someone pass a hat

i don even know the guy

give the widow her due
5/13/2022 10:47 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.