Hi guys, apologies but I'm far too busy to run this right now, or likely even play at all, so someone else will have to run it in 2023.
3/5/2023 12:29 PM
Thanks for running it the last two years!
3/6/2023 9:21 AM
I appreciate your time running it, George! What happened to Schwarze?
3/6/2023 10:46 AM
I just don't have the time to run this anymore. It's a pretty big time commitment.
3/6/2023 11:20 AM
Maybe if a group of people worked on it together, it could be less pressure on one person? I'd be part of that, if needed.
3/6/2023 2:09 PM
Thinking more about how this could work as a team effort, I feel like knowing all the responsibilities and listing them out can help us figure out how to manage it. Or if one person wants to step up, they'd know what's needed.

Please add to my list here as needed.

1. Theme design for Round 1 and Round 2
2. Creating sign-up and other threads (including setting deadlines)
3. Communications with Admin for GC/payouts/other?
4. Ranking the owners and generating league draws/assignments
5. Assigning and communicating with commissioners
6. Roster checks
7. Creating and updating standings sheets
8. Roster analysis
9. Handling any issues/communications with owners on missed deadlines, etc.
10. What else am I missing?

Different people's strengths could definitely be combined here to make it work smoothly. A committee of 3-4 people could work out the themes for sure.
3/6/2023 6:57 PM
I will volunteer to do steps 1, 8. Obviously, I've had lots of experience creating unique and challenging themes that are fun, easy to build, easy to validate (for commissioners). And of course, my forte is analysis.

I will admit that one of the main reasons I didn't play is that there were some themes that I just didn't like.

(FYI - the roster checks are typically assigned to the commissioners. That's their tax for getting the benefit of the theme league owners credit)
3/6/2023 8:16 PM
I'm happy to be a commissioner for all themes and assist in verifying rosters.
3/6/2023 8:27 PM
Now we're making progress!

Any of 2-5 on my list are things I'm happy to do. The standings sheets are not in my skills wheelhouse, though.
3/6/2023 8:45 PM
I can be a commissioner and validate rosters.

Are we thinking a 72 owner field?
3/6/2023 10:23 PM
Posted by NebHusker on 3/6/2023 10:23:00 PM (view original):
I can be a commissioner and validate rosters.

Are we thinking a 72 owner field?
There were 96 last year.
3/6/2023 11:18 PM
I can commish and willing to help with any of items 1-10 except, like redcped, I don’t have the skills for #7 - standings sheets.
3/7/2023 2:45 AM
I tried doing a Round 2 a couple years ago and I was overwhelmed. I can help with roster checking, but idk how much else
3/7/2023 10:36 AM
The shared approach to tasks would likely work, however I suggest we have an "Arbiter" to settle any problems or disputes that may arise. I'm referring to disputes about rules interpretations, illegal rosters, going over salary cap in drafts, unexpected glitches, MIA owners.... things like that. If schwarze is interested in doing something like that, he would be a good choice due to his experience and level headed analysis.
3/7/2023 1:45 PM (edited)
Posted by redcped on 3/6/2023 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Thinking more about how this could work as a team effort, I feel like knowing all the responsibilities and listing them out can help us figure out how to manage it. Or if one person wants to step up, they'd know what's needed.

Please add to my list here as needed.

1. Theme design for Round 1 and Round 2
2. Creating sign-up and other threads (including setting deadlines)
3. Communications with Admin for GC/payouts/other?
4. Ranking the owners and generating league draws/assignments
5. Assigning and communicating with commissioners
6. Roster checks
7. Creating and updating standings sheets
8. Roster analysis
9. Handling any issues/communications with owners on missed deadlines, etc.
10. What else am I missing?

Different people's strengths could definitely be combined here to make it work smoothly. A committee of 3-4 people could work out the themes for sure.
Other than Theme design for Round 1 and Round 2 and/or Roster analysis i think I can be of help ... Analysis and design I might leave to others ... I would like to be involved in this some way and be a part and responsible for the Team Effort
3/8/2023 10:06 AM (edited)
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.