Theme League Suggestions Thread Topic

Posted by calhoop on 4/6/2023 10:24:00 PM (view original):
I like the Tag Team Turmoil as well.

Would like to suggest all 12 pairs as well as the 25th player come from a different decade if jtpsops doesn't mind.
Works for me
4/7/2023 1:58 PM
The Master and His Protégés
Your roster has one Master (HOF player) and everyone else is a rookie with no awards.

Salary Cap: $120M.
Seasons: 1900-2022
DH: No
Ballpark: Must use a park that your Master played in.
4/7/2023 4:06 PM
Round 1: Out With The Old
Death soup! Pick a 25 year span (1970-1994, for example).
Choose one player who died each of your 25 years. (One player who died in 1970, one who died in 1971, etc.)

Round 2: In With The New
Birth soup! Pick the same 25 year span.
Choose one player born in each of your 25 years (One player born in 1970, one born in 1971, etc.)

Baseball reference's Born This Year/Died This Year makes this doable.

Salary cap: $140m?? (I'm flexible, though it should be the same for both rounds)
Seasons: any that fit the theme (are there players born more recently than 2001?)
DH: no
Ballpark: use a park active in your 25 year span
4/7/2023 8:09 PM
Random Box Score League.

$120M. (have to use this to make sure every team can reach it. Anything higher and a few teams might not get to the max.)

Each Box Score can not be within TEN YEARS of another Box score.

Three players from 7 boxes.
Four players from one box.
Stadium must either be from FIRST or LAST box posted. (you get to choose from either).

I would be happy to draw (or help) boxes and verify (i do this very quickly now)
4/8/2023 5:07 PM (edited)
Posted by oldtimer59 on 4/8/2023 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Random Box Score League.

$120M. (have to use this to make sure every team can reach it. Anything higher and a few teams might not get to the max.)

Each Box Score can not be within TEN YEARS of another Box score.

Three players from 7 boxes.
Four players from one box.
Stadium must either be from FIRST or LAST box posted. (you get to choose from either).

I would be happy to draw (or help) boxes and verify (i do this very quickly now)
Much as I love these leagues, I don't think they create a perfectly level playing field for all owners and don't really work in a tournament like this. For the WISC, everyone should have the same player pool to work with or the same restrictions.

What could work that's similar is you pull a larger number of boxes randomly and everyone has to pick X number of them and build their roster from those only (could keep the 10-year rule or similar too). This is probably not different enough from the Bingo Cards or the DEAL boxes in this round, but it's an approach that could work in theory.
4/8/2023 5:27 PM
There won't be any random draws or AAA (which is also random) in the WIS Championship
4/8/2023 8:40 PM
Pick any consecutive 5 year period (EX: 1981-1985). Draft 5 players from each of those five seasons.
League alignment will be chronological with the oldest teams in the NL East and the newest teams in the AL West. In the event of a tie, the team with the higher salary will be placed in the older division.

DH: Yes
Salary Cap: $120M
Ballpark: Must be one that was in use during your 5 year timeframe.
4/10/2023 7:57 PM (edited)
Serial (not Cereal) Twist Madness
Start w/ any player and year as your Player #1 (i.e. Walter Johnson 1918)
Player #2 must have been on Walter Johnsons 1918 team. (i.e. Jim Shaw)
Player #3 must have been on a team with Jim Shaw at some point in his career but can never use any previously used year.
Player #4 must have been on Player #3s team at some point in #3s career.

This could mean your team spans from 1918 to 2018 or snakes around any eras but all connected by a common thread.

Mix/Match Team Selection
  1. Select all your Pitchers from a given team in a given year. (Minimum 8 pitchers) - (i.e. 1994 ATL Braves)
  2. Select all your IF from a different team different year (minimum 6 players) - (1927 Yankees)
  3. Select all your OF from a different team / different year. (minimum 4 players) - (1996 Rockies)
  4. Select all your catchers from a different team / different year (minimum 2) - (1971 Reds)
Select your last 5 players from any team not used in 1-4. NONE can be >$2m.

No Clones.

4/11/2023 9:32 PM
◂ Prev 123
Theme League Suggestions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.