Round 1 Standings Topic

My playoff points should be 27 according to my count.
8/11/2023 8:13 PM
Can someone share the mechanics behind the penalty? My entry was one of two that had a negative tax.
8/12/2023 2:24 AM
From the deadlines and League Assignments Thread:
Here are the deadlines for getting your Round 1 rosters in.

There are three deadlines. You must have at least two teams entered by the first deadline. You need to have at least four teams entered by the second deadline. At the final deadline, you need to have ALL SIX teams entered.

The penalty for being late is 1 point per team, per day late. The penalty points will be cancelled if you get all SIX teams in by the last deadline.

The first deadline is Monday, May 15.
The second deadline is Monday, May 22.
The final deadline is Monday, May 29.

If you are behind on entering teams and not responsive to site mails, I will have to replace you. Owners who join with fewer than 2 weeks til the first deadline will be exempt from penalty points, but still will need to have all six teams in by the final deadline.
8/12/2023 6:29 AM
From same thread:
Final Penalty Points assessed for late roster submissions (note that anyone who got all 6 in by the final deadline had their points erased):

blackicedcof 36
bullet6464 15
Chitownbluz 25
garmansouth 25
8/12/2023 6:34 AM
Here's my playoff point count:
80m BINGO team: 3 wins = 7 points
Bernie's Big Weekend: 4 wins = 8 points
Guardians team: made playoffs, 0 wins = 2 points
High Cap Pedro & The Killer B's: 3 wins = 7 poiints
100m Stars & Scrubs Of One Five: 2 wins = 4 points
TOTAL = 28 points

I'm not sure why the standings page is showing me with 18 playoff points.
8/12/2023 11:09 AM
I haven't updated the spreadsheet since yesterday pm...

Working on an update now.
8/12/2023 11:16 AM
The current spreadsheet should be correct.
8/12/2023 11:55 AM
Thanks schwarze and much appreciation for everyone involved in running this tournament!
8/12/2023 12:08 PM
I added a new column. This shows the maximum possible points each person could get if they won out with their remaining teams. This will help those on the bubble to see where they stand.

Most leagues have started the World Series.
8/12/2023 2:05 PM
My playoff points isn't right now - My $100M team lost its division series 3-2 but is registering 0 playoff points. Pretty sure that team is supposed to have 4 playoff points.
8/12/2023 3:57 PM
OK - fixed.

The "vlookup" formula is based on a defined range, but the format change (each time a playoff series ends) causes the range to change, so in some instances, a name falls outside the range. I will now check for that each time.

Thanks.
8/12/2023 4:06 PM
Updated for pm2.

I did a quick glance, but if mpitt76 wins one more game, I think the top 24 are determined (really top 25, but marinerott is not advancing). Some body want to check my math on this?
8/12/2023 6:40 PM
Unless there is an error in the spreadsheet, I've confirmed the statement I made above.

The 25th largest Max Score is 546 points. Which means 546 is guaranteed to advance.
8/12/2023 7:40 PM
Interesting.

Just a few weeks ago I was in the top 5 and staring down the leaders. Then I stumbled in the last 1/6th and slipped out of the top 10. In particular, my fifth possible playoff team crashed and gave up its slim division lead and hit the golf links early. But still, I entered the playoffs with four strong teams and was certainly looking to move back towards the top 5.

However, all four teams lost quickly in the first round to underdogs and suddenly I realized I was the only one in the top 30 with no teams remaining and was stuck watching the owners behind inevitably catch and pass me. The corresponding calculations led me to believe I had less than a one per cent chance of advancing.

I was bitter and thought about posting my own d_rock-style reaction to it all.

Instead I stopped checking the results and moved on. In a way, I was relieved I didn’t have to worry about the 60m franchise soup theme.

Then someone messaged me this afternoon I might actually sneak in after all…wow.

I guess we’ll wait and see if schwarze’s calculations are correct and marinerott’s retirement intentions remain. In the meantime, I guess I’ll start looking for cheap players from the Diamondbacks again.
8/12/2023 8:30 PM
LOL.... I'm with you on the $60M league. I've built all my other rosters, including multiple teams in some of the themes. Yet, I cannot muster up the energy to revise the 60M team I tried building (not enough cap left to fill in the open spots), until the deadline nears.
8/12/2023 8:48 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Round 1 Standings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.