Round 2 Themes, 2023 Topic

Posted by redcped on 8/16/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Once the final standings are confirmed for Round 2, we will set up threads for each of the division drafts for the last theme.

These will run off the clock unless we run into some surprising delays, but I don't expect that to be necessary with the time available.
I'm very much looking forward to this draft. It's a great combination of novelty and short attention span theater.

That having been said, given the unique parameters of the league, I wonder how different everyone's rosters would be if there were not a draft. I plan on assembling my "optimal" roster for reference; if others do the same, it would be interesting to compare them after the draft is over.
8/16/2023 2:02 PM
Posted by barracuda3 on 8/16/2023 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redcped on 8/16/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Once the final standings are confirmed for Round 2, we will set up threads for each of the division drafts for the last theme.

These will run off the clock unless we run into some surprising delays, but I don't expect that to be necessary with the time available.
I'm very much looking forward to this draft. It's a great combination of novelty and short attention span theater.

That having been said, given the unique parameters of the league, I wonder how different everyone's rosters would be if there were not a draft. I plan on assembling my "optimal" roster for reference; if others do the same, it would be interesting to compare them after the draft is over.
Looking at the results of the different drafts thus far it's pretty clear that most people are targeting the same types of players, to a much greater extent than I would have imagined. Which proves yet again that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
8/23/2023 3:49 PM
My optimal roster was toast after 2 rounds. Sure, I got two of my players, but of the other six players taken, four were on my optimal roster.
8/23/2023 3:54 PM
I got most of my targets, which likely means I was targeting the wrong players.
8/23/2023 8:09 PM
How many total innings (per team) will end up being the league average in the $160 Rocky Mountain High league? This poll is not asking you how many you will be drafting. You may feel the league is drafting too many or too few.
Votes: 19
(Last vote received: 8/29/2023 5:27 AM)
8/24/2023 2:46 PM
Interesting poll results. I’m assuming mopups get more use than normal in this league. Gonna be some scoreboard busters here and there.
8/24/2023 6:50 PM
The individual's league leading ERA will probably by in the mid to high 4's.
8/25/2023 11:23 AM
Anyone understand why Mile High’s Park Factor is higher than Coors? Coors is a higher plus park in 3 categories and overall has + 17 while MH is only +11.
8/28/2023 4:40 PM
Somebody should sent a ticket to admin and ask. The math doesn't make any sense.
8/29/2023 8:40 AM
Is is possible the singles number for MH is closer 3.4 and Coors is like 2.7? Or is that not how it works?
8/29/2023 8:48 AM
Yes, I considered that, but is that enough to offset the 2B and HR difference?
8/29/2023 8:53 AM
I've always wondered about how they get the final rating but I have noticed that it's accurate as far as fatigue and offensive results. The other example that makes the least sense to me is Riverfront versus Sicks. Tell me how Riverfront is 90 and Sicks is 101. That said, I've used Riverfront a lot and it definitely plays as a pitcher's park.
8/29/2023 9:48 AM
◂ Prev 123
Round 2 Themes, 2023 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.