Round 2 Standings Topic

That's a lot riding on a series played in extreme stadiums where anything can happen.
12/6/2023 1:47 PM
Congrats to adsmith182 and, possibly, schwarze as well.

Let me also congratulate discodemo on yet another incredible competition. We all know how difficult it is just to make round 2 of the WISC and how crazy competitive Round 2 is with all those great owners. This will be his 11th top 6 result in the past 12 championships (he came 15th in 2019). That's simply incredible.
12/6/2023 2:03 PM
Posted by ronthegenius on 12/6/2023 2:03:00 PM (view original):

Let me also congratulate discodemo on yet another incredible competition. We all know how difficult it is just to make round 2 of the WISC and how crazy competitive Round 2 is with all those great owners. This will be his 11th top 6 result in the past 12 championships (he came 15th in 2019). That's simply incredible.
Wow that is an amazing accomplishment.

Congrats to all of you for getting this far, too. The competition has been great this year with so many owners in the running to win right up until the end.
12/6/2023 2:38 PM
I suggest that all themes in 2024 are 60M cap (or less)
12/6/2023 5:43 PM
Posted by ronthegenius on 12/6/2023 2:03:00 PM (view original):

I second this.

Also, how about ronthegenius barely making it into round 2, then getting 5 playoff teams in. Had one of his 5 teams won the World Series, he finishes no worse than 4th overall. If two or more teams wins the World Series, who knows - he could have done the unimaginable.
12/6/2023 6:28 PM
Well I, for one, think Round 1 points should have been worth more
12/6/2023 7:10 PM
Congratulations to adsmith and schwarze. Crazy to think that just one game would have broken a tie.
12/7/2023 4:07 AM
Thanks, toysboys.

I’m really happy to share the title with one of the best to ever play this game. I don’t think there is any question that Schwarze’s 12 teams were objectively better than my 12. I started Ferdie Schupp in the last series of the year against him in the Colorado league and probably got an extra win. That made the difference.
12/7/2023 6:27 AM
Thanks! Never thought it would happen. Had I only put a little more time and effort into my 64-98 $100M team. Of course, we all have a team or two that could have been built a little better.

Kudos to adsmith182, who needed both WS wins to get here... that's some high pressure performances.

Special thanks to redcped, who was the main reason this year's Championship ended up running. Also thanks to ronthegenius, who (along with redcped) helped iron all all the wrinkles with the theme choices.
12/7/2023 9:32 AM
Will post the final standings here once the last ($80M) World Series is decided
12/7/2023 9:34 AM
Again, congrats to the top 3. And thanks to redcped for all the work it takes to prepare, organize, and oversee this massive endeavor and to schwarze for his assistance with the standings and the great analysis along the way.

Now, if I can express my frustrations a bit.....I had 9 playoff teams (4 in Round 1 and 5 in Round 2) that ended up winning a combined total of 19 games in the playoffs. 6 didn't make it out of the first round and none of the three that did won more than 1 game in the second round. That's a staggering amount of ineptitude that cost me a chance at the title. Without needing a bunch of world series titles, if I had performed at just the average level of playoff success (which I believe schwarze calculated at 8 and half points per team or so) that would have been enough to edge to the front. Arghhhh.

See you next year.

12/7/2023 10:15 AM
Congrats to our co-champs, both first-time champions unless I'm mistaken. I'd thought schwarze had won this thing, but I just checked the original post and realized he hadn't. And is this adsmith182's first time in the top24 and winning? Whoa! So that's very cool for both of you.
12/7/2023 11:56 AM
I'm starting to figure out the prizes, and I have a couple tiny things to solve. I'd like to be transparent about this, so here's the situation.

We collected $1,725 in GC, including admin's $300 contribution, because we had 95 paid participants. We promised a minimum of $30 to everyone in Round 2, plus $15 for each Round 1 best record, plus $15 for the theme contributor for R1. All told the amount we posted to distribute originally would add up to $1,755. This leaves us $30 short. Here's how the payouts were projected based on 96 teams (it appears we did not account for the extra $15 to the theme creator, alas):

Prize Structure (based on 96 teams)

Place Prize Amt
1st $250
2nd $200
3rd $150
4th $120
5th $100
6th $90
7th $80
8th $70
9th $60
10th $50
11th $40
12th $40
13th-24th $30
25th-28th $10

The team with the best regular season record in each of the six Round 1 themes will each receive $15 (ties split).

So, does anyone have a fair way they'd suggest to make up for the lost $30 in here? I am willing to just deduct it from my GC share as a way to avoid anyone feeling wronged, which is really not a big deal since I'll get the theme creator credits for 12 total teams anyway (it added up to $155, so really I'm fine to lose $30 off the prize money here). But I'll open it to discussion in case anyone has a good idea.
12/7/2023 1:25 PM (edited)
Deduct it from mine. I’ve played so much sim league baseball in the last year it’s crazy. I promised to play way less in 2024. So at least there’s 2.5 fewer leagues for me
12/7/2023 2:02 PM
I was going to suggest deduct half from me and half from adsmith.
12/7/2023 2:16 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Round 2 Standings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.