Who Else is Trying to Win a School's 1st Title? Topic

Realist is doing an amazing job at Rockne/Texas Tech and just came inches away from Tech's first title. Chetty recently won Air Force's first title in Camp. Jay9 came close last year at Heisman/Kentucky. Tywebb has come close a few times at Wilkinson/Depaul. Last year, I won the first title at Rice and since then I've been playing for another first. I have Kentucky in Dobie, NC State in Yost, Mississippi State in Heisman, and Georgia Tech in Leahy. I'm curious if there are any other coaches trying to win their school's first title right now.
11/8/2023 5:42 PM (edited)
Maybe some day I'll be able to, but I doubt it. Iowa State on Stagg only just broke into the top 30 teams. Not sure it's even possible to get to the top.
11/8/2023 12:41 AM
Lol. I wanna see someone win with Hawaii . Aint gonna happen !
11/8/2023 7:53 AM
Mojo, I tried. I really tried. You're right.
11/8/2023 6:59 PM
I know you did BJ. I doubt anyone gave it the try you did. It's just that Hawaii has so many negatives with almost every recruit being such long distance. To overcome and win an NC the new coach would not only have to be great at this game but also Lucky as Hell ! Doubt it will every happen.
11/8/2023 11:33 PM
I'm giving it a shot with Virginia State/Leahy. Made it to the title game once so far.
11/9/2023 7:51 AM
Are these NC since the last update or all time?
11/9/2023 3:01 PM
No No Rjohn and Wdfox. I believe they are talking about previous threads regarding schools that have NEVER won an NC in any world. Like Hawaii.
I started a rebuild with So Ct. in d2 . Was making headway but got bored and dropped out of GD all together. (that lasted all of a couple of days :).
Virginia State I know has won an NC. I think I won a few with that team(maybe not in your world). And Leahy I'm pretty sure has won one. Look for the thread and there is a list of teams that have NEVER won in any world.
11/9/2023 9:18 PM
Here's the link if you want to see the list. I don't think it's been updates since last year. Air Force is still on there: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=530076

I hope other coaches will start trying to win 1st titles. For me, it's renewed my interest in the game, which had been waning a bit.
11/10/2023 1:36 PM
Hawaii for all intents and purposes is a D-1AA team, masquerading as a D-1A team.
11/10/2023 3:56 PM
Posted by WingMan474 on 11/10/2023 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Hawaii for all intents and purposes is a D-1AA team, masquerading as a D-1A team.
Not so fast. BJ won a lot of games at Hawaii and had several outstanding teams. You may not be able to win a title there but he proved you can build Hawaii into a top-quality program. I'm still not sure how he did it.
11/10/2023 4:13 PM
Miss State in Leahy. We have a powerful offense with great DB’s this year.

I want to try to win one with Montana and Hawaii. Texas Tech is my favorite too. Fun future projects.
11/10/2023 4:48 PM (edited)
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 11/10/2023 4:48:00 PM (view original):

I want to try to win one with Montana and Hawaii. Texas Tech is my favorite too. Fun future projects.
You will never win a title at Mississippi State. You're not a good enough recruiter.
11/13/2023 4:18 PM
I was trying to get Iowa there but jasonfreeman beat me to it

I thought this last season was my shot but Ill take 3 straight Final 4s with 2 NC appearances

Wouldn't be their 1st but just picked up Arkansas trying for first in a VERY long time
11/13/2023 7:30 PM
Posted by sportsdouche on 11/13/2023 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 11/10/2023 4:48:00 PM (view original):

You will never win a title at Mississippi State. You're not a good enough recruiter.
You will never beat me at Georgia Tech, sit down clown. Stay in your lane.
11/13/2023 10:31 PM
123 Next ▸
Who Else is Trying to Win a School's 1st Title? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.